Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Well, still not here, doesn't look like it'll be turning up today, either.

Given how friendly the lady I spoke with there was and how much effort she made (she actually called me back twice on various occasions just to confirm things), I'm starting to think that, more than anything, it's just that their deliverymen are completely and utterly incompetent/ lazy/ both. It's apparently been out for delivery again since 11AM this morning or so, and considering the depot is only a fifteen-minute drive from my HOUSE... yeah. I'm betting it'll show up as back at the depot yet again tonight, after another apparent 'attempted delivery'. Makes me wonder what these deliverymen actually do with their time, really.

Still, not exactly quite so upset/ angry about it today since I technically still have the game now and will still (hopefully) be getting the Collector's Edition eventually, but I'm still pretty peeved at just how ridiculous this is.

Of course, the only upside to this whole fiasco is that I'll be getting my postage costs refunded, meaning that once I get it (assuming it actually DOES arrive now, given just how pathetic this company seems to be >.<), I'll have got the Collector's Edition for 96p, I think. laugh.png

Edited by -Mark-

I've done some sleuthing, and I've only been able to find one other person than me who got the game before release date. What I'm wondering is, well, isn't that illegal for a publisher to ship a game before release. Mine got shipped a full 7 days before European release date, and I got it the very next day, October 29th (and then failed to look in my mailbox until October 30th, because I'm not used to getting mail on a saturday).

If it is illegal, the fault lies with the people who sent me the game early, right? There's no chance of me getting in trouble?

I've done some sleuthing, and I've only been able to find one other person than me who got the game before release date. What I'm wondering is, well, isn't that illegal for a publisher to ship a game before release. Mine got shipped a full 7 days before European release date, and I got it the very next day, October 29th (and then failed to look in my mailbox until October 30th, because I'm not used to getting mail on a saturday).

If it is illegal, the fault lies with the people who sent me the game early, right? There's no chance of me getting in trouble?

Edited by hypermikey

Sega can claim $10,000 US dollars from the retailer for every copy of a game sold before release date. It's doubtful that they'll bother though.

The customer is not liable for anything.

Well, what do you know, my Collector's Edition still hasn't shown up. According to the tracking data it's still both at the depot and on the van at the same time.

You know, I might just bite the bullet and ask to go collect it in person. I don't really want to risk having them lose the thing. They're clearly incompetent to an incomprehensible level. =/

Looks like I'll be phoning Amazon and HDNL again tomorrow morning. *sigh* This is absolutely ridiculous.

Any more luck with this mate? I haven't been able to contact them about it today, so I'll probably have to speak to them tomorrow (or Monday, if they're not available on Sundays).

I got a result! I threatened to contact trading standards or the relevant advice bodies if I didn't get a satisfactory response, and got an email very shortly afterwards explaining the reasons for how it might have happened, and then issued a refund of the difference - not quite sure how they worked it all out right enough, but, at least it got sorted

• Thumbs Up 1

That's a relief, and wow that's one steep fine.

Reason I started worrying was when I realised I had achievements viewable online the day before release, so I'd stick out like a sore thumb if anyone cared to look for miscreants.

Not saying its the same thing. Believe its a completely different thing entirely, but it put me in mind. One can still get into bother if they buy stolen goods, whether they knew it or not. One has to be careful if they walk into a Cash Converters. You never know, some of the stuff on sale were probably stolen before they traded it in.

Lucky reports that HMV is giving away that sweet t-shirt package SEGA Spain announced with copies of Sonic Generations in the UK. I want that so bad, but I can't afford to buy the game again and I doubt they would just give it to me anyway like they did with Lucky. I'd feel uncomfortable and cheeky asking anyway.

Weird that they haven't been offering it on their website.

http://hmv.com/hmvwe...ubmitSearch.y=0

Just had a look on Amazon there for curiosity, and jesus, they're isn't half some greedy sellers out there - £299 for the xbox edition :o?

Is their claim right though - was only 500 made for the UK ?

Just noticed this e-mail I received yesterday from Amazon regarding the price drop. Thought I'd share it for those having trouble getting the difference refunded.

k56h00.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just had a look on Amazon there for curiosity, and jesus, they're isn't half some greedy sellers out there - £299 for the xbox edition ohmy.png?

Is their claim right though - was only 500 made for the UK ?

Considering the ring says x/12000, definitely false. It'll probably be half and half, so 6000 for each console.

Considering the ring says x/12000, definitely false. It'll probably be half and half, so 6000 for each console.

I mean I know the edition was for Europe only, so other countries bar the UK, but there would be no way of possibly knowing how much of each were assigned to each country in europe

I mean I know the edition was for Europe only, so other countries bar the UK, but there would be no way of possibly knowing how much of each were assigned to each country in europe

Well, quick update for those who still care (if any :lol: ) about the ongoing dramatic fiasco that is my quest for the Collector's Edition...

Still didn't turn up yesterday, and I was quite worried this morning to see that the tracking information had all gone and been replaced with "Your parcel cannot be found". Called the company and spoke to the same nice, friendly lady who was shocked and appalled that I still didn't get it on Saturday. She tracked the parcel and found that it's still at the depot, but that the drivers had put it down as 'return to sender' now for whatever reason (even though she said they shouldn't be allowed to do that blink.png )

So anyway, she intercepted and it's apparently out for delivery again today, although apparently it won't be showing up until this evening. She said she'll call me later to try and get a more specific time.

To be honest though, I'll be very surprised if it actually does turn up today at this stage. >.< I did say that I'd call her again tomorrow if it hadn't, which she was fine with, but fingers crossed it actually will.

Surprisingly, amidst all her apologies, she actually told me how to go about filing a complaint if a wanted to, which I found pretty surprising. I mean, how many people working for a company will give customers advice on how to file a complain against them? D:

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed, but can't say I have my hopes up by any means.

• Thumbs Up 3

^ Sounds like she's been through this all too many times. That's the mark of a great employee really, she probably wants things to change as much as the customers do.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, quick update for those who still care (if any laugh.png ) about the ongoing dramatic fiasco that is my quest for the Collector's Edition...

Still didn't turn up yesterday, and I was quite worried this morning to see that the tracking information had all gone and been replaced with "Your parcel cannot be found". Called the company and spoke to the same nice, friendly lady who was shocked and appalled that I still didn't get it on Saturday. She tracked the parcel and found that it's still at the depot, but that the drivers had put it down as 'return to sender' now for whatever reason (even though she said they shouldn't be allowed to do that blink.png )

So anyway, she intercepted and it's apparently out for delivery again today, although apparently it won't be showing up until this evening. She said she'll call me later to try and get a more specific time.

To be honest though, I'll be very surprised if it actually does turn up today at this stage. >.< I did say that I'd call her again tomorrow if it hadn't, which she was fine with, but fingers crossed it actually will.

Surprisingly, amidst all her apologies, she actually told me how to go about filing a complaint if a wanted to, which I found pretty surprising. I mean, how many people working for a company will give customers advice on how to file a complain against them? D:

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed, but can't say I have my hopes up by any means.

God that's absolutely appauling!

Thank god you phoned up though, otherwise it would have been going back to Amazon :o!

Wow, that's shocking service, I mean I know HDNL are bad, but that just takes the biscuit!

I got that ridiculous Amazon alert too, like you said Dyne, absolutely useless:

KqWbV.png

On a lighter note, my Amazon Marketplace order (which has so far been more reliable and quicker to reply than Amazon themselves) is now at this stage:

Trn19.png

My official Amazon one still says 16th December, I'm leaving it as an active order more for a laugh than anything, then when it DOES get cancelled by Amazon I can have a real moan and try and blag something like free Amazon Prime or something!

Right, this is the moment of truth (no, it hasn't arrived yet, for the record :lol: )

The kind, helpful lady phoned me back at 1PM today, and said to expect a delivery estimate of 6-7PM. *looks at clock* Although in all honesty I'll be very surprised if it actually does turn up today, really, now. XD

In any case, she said to phone back around 8PM if I still don't have it by then. Problem is, she finished her shift at 2PM so I'll have to speak to someone else (who probably won't be as kind and helpful D: ).

If nothing else, I'll call her back tomorrow, since she works there from 6AM-2PM every day, she said she'd be in tomorrow.

AND THEN, A MIRACLE HAPPENED; laugh.png

EDIT: Why do all my horizontal-photo posts seem to go weird? D: Also, crap photo, will get better ones tomorrow.

Photo0075.jpg

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 2

AND THEN, A MIRACLE HAPPENED; laugh.png

EDIT: Why do all my horizontal-photo posts seem to go weird? D: Also, crap photo, will get better ones tomorrow.

Photo0075.jpg

Huzzah, congratulations.

Glad it worked out. I think you should still file a complaint though, you should have gotten it days ago.

It's good that you got it Mark :) now your no longer left behind, but you now have two copies of Generations on your hands :o