Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

So I completed game (After Story its 24% Complection). Oh and my ring number is #10208/12000

I got 30.9% ?

And I'm sorry to hear a few of you have had problems with HDNL :(

The documentary's rather interesting. So glad the big names in the industry were talking about Sonic's early days. ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Got my CE a few hours ago :D been playing it for hours and will play more tomorrow :) Good luck to all you guys who are still waiting I'm sure it the CE will arrive soon my ring number is 5905 ~_~

I was pleasently surprised that UPS delivered my copy on relase date. Its funny causd some of people in UK doesnt have theirs yet.

I was pleasently surprised that UPS delivered my copy on relase date. Its funny causd some of people in UK doesnt have theirs yet.

Theres really nothing funny about people not recieving there's before you, especially when you take into context that you had a different company deliver it to you O.o

Theres really nothing funny about people not recieving there's before you, especially when you take into context that you had a different company deliver it to you O.o

I am not laughung at people but at fact. My copy traveled over 2000 Km and some companies just cant deliver it to local costumers. Its sad and funny at once. I didnt mean to offend anyone.

Well fair enough xD but still, you had UPS, so obviously it must be better than HDNL by miles, seeing as my guy takes hours for a drive that shouldn't take longer than an hour xD

Well fair enough xD but still, you had UPS, so obviously it must be better than HDNL by miles, seeing as my guy takes hours for a drive that shouldn't take longer than an hour xD

Sorry if I'm wrong and you know, but I think you need to look at the country HUNTER297 is from. Despite the different couriers, he's saying it's crazy that his order from Amazon UK has been delivered all the way to Poland on release day, while some people in the UK haven't received their package yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPS is always fastest here. This HDNL company... I heard it got some reports on BBC right? Hope you'll all get your copies guys.

Sorry if I'm wrong and you know, but I think you need to look at the country HUNTER297 is from. Despite the different couriers, he's saying it's crazy that his order from Amazon UK has been delivered all the way to Poland on release day, while some people in the UK haven't received their package yet.

Exactly! Thanks for clearing this up. Yeah its crazy. But its not fault of Amazon but Delivery Company.

I actually did a bit of research into this delivery company whilst waiting so many hours for my CE to be delivered and I was fearing for it when I came across this - http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-150787.html Lots of reviews for HDNL, the overwhelming majority of which being very negative. They were also featured on Watchdog - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/11/hdnl_delivery.html

I'm not surprised that people have had issues with the delivery of their CE's having read this.

• Thumbs Up 2

I know most people have got theirs now but I'd just like to know where I am on my delivery. It was sent out as 6pm

Status: In transit Ship Carrier HDNL Tracking ID: - Latest Event:

Droitwich2

Arrival Scan - 4 November 2011 22:57:29

Well, isn't this interesting. My Collector's Edition is back at the local depot.

Apparently, they 'attempted delivery' at 10:23:47 PM this evening, and at 10:24:38 PM it was back at the depot. For the record, everyone was at home when they apparently 'attempted delivery' and the doorbell didn't ring. In any case, it's physically impossible for them to have had it back at the depot less than a minute after they tried to deliver it to my house.

So basically, they made no attempt to deliver it whatsoever and just said that they did. There's no card through my door (as if they even did try). And to add insult to injury, they're trying to say that the earliest day they can 'redeliver' is Monday.

I took the day off work for Generations today. I spent the whole day sitting around waiting before I finally decided that it wasn't going to happen and buying a copy in store at 7PM. So it's cost me a day's wages, if nothing else, and pretty much ruined the day on top of that.

Needless to say I'll be calling them tomorrow. After, of course, I get a list of all the companies I'll threaten to call if they don't get it to me right away, which I perfectly intent to follow through with if they don't. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this shit. They made no attempt whatsoever to deliver it to me today, and are now trying to make me wait until Monday (and I doubt there's any guarantee I'd even get it then).

God, I'm so fucking pissed off at these guys right now.

Yeah, if you check review sites, and that watchdog link which Verte posted you'll see it's a common occurance. I've read of complaints before about it on other forums too. They must be pretty damn cheap in comparison to other couriers for companys to still use them.

Don't worry, I've got everything planned out. I'll be raising fifty kinds of hell for them tomorrow. :lol:

(as far as they know), my uncle is a journalist, I have CCTV footage proving that they never attempted delivery and will be recording the phonecall I make to them. I also won't hesitate to contact trading standards and anyone else who'll listen (that much is true ) and will generally make sure that their name is dragged through the mud.

They put themselves in a very dangerous place: between me and a highly desirable Sonic item. ;)

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 6

Wait... How can they attempt a delivery at 10PM....

When by their own website they don't even deliver after 7PM... what?

Edit: Well well... whats this... Looks like mine arrived in Droitwich at 12:30.

Looks like the mystery tour might finally be coming to an end for mine... with any luck it'll go to Hull next time... Although I can't say I'm too happy with the level of travelling that this has done, or the fact that it's probably going to be left in storage for the weekend... please lord let it arrive intact....

Edited by Hogfather

I'm still trying to get Amazon to admit the price has changed.

I'm actually thinking of logging a complain, to somebody higher up than CS - the whole contractictory information, and downright ignorance when it came to the price was awful - they were pretty much making me out to be a liar!

Woo! According to the tracking, it's arrived at the depot about 5 min ago! Maybe I will get it today afterall! Hooray?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, this is interesting.

I called Amazon first, who were extremely apologetic and kept putting me on hold so they could speak to HDNL. They said they'd refund my postage costs, but that HDNL said there was still no way they could get it to me before Monday. I tried to see if I could arrange to go and pick it up.

However, I decided to call HDNL directly after that... and the lady on the other end was massively polite, supportive and helpful. ohmy.png *shock* She said that they could get it out today after all. Even better, when something came up (Amazon had nominated it for a Monday delivery, thinking it was the earliest possible), she called back and asked me if I'd asked for that, since I said I wanted it today.

In any case, it's (apparently) on its way to me again, now. Let's see if it actually turns up this time. :lol:

Funny, the only one I had to resort to was "I have CCTV on my property and can prove there was no attempt at delivery"; a slight half-truth (we do have a concealed webcam pointed out the front door, but the PC is usually off XD), but to be honest, I know they definitely didn't try, so it just helped give them less to try and argue against.

Fingers crossed it'll actually turn up, like I said. happy.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, this is interesting.

I called Amazon first, who were extremely apologetic and kept putting me on hold so they could speak to HDNL. They said they'd refund my postage costs, but that HDNL said there was still no way they could get it to me before Monday. I tried to see if I could arrange to go and pick it up.

However, I decided to call HDNL directly after that... and the lady on the other end was massively polite, supportive and helpful. ohmy.png *shock* She said that they could get it out today after all. Even better, when something came up (Amazon had nominated it for a Monday delivery, thinking it was the earliest possible), she called back and asked me if I'd asked for that, since I said I wanted it today.

In any case, it's (apparently) on its way to me again, now. Let's see if it actually turns up this time. laugh.png

Funny, the only one I had to resort to was "I have CCTV on my property and can prove there was no attempt at delivery"; a slight half-truth (we do have a concealed webcam pointed out the front door, but the PC is usually off XD), but to be honest, I know they definitely didn't try, so it just helped give them less to try and argue against.

Fingers crossed it'll actually turn up, like I said. happy.png

Way to go :D Hope it will turn up for you today.

Well Mark, clearly the slug only got out to his van by 10pm that evening so when he went to write down the time of attempted delivery, that's what it was.

In-joke, sorry everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 2

Still waiting, here. :lol: Don't mind as much now since I bought a copy for the time being, but still starting to doubt it'll even show up today now, either. XD

Also, XD at Jez's post.

I'm still trying to get Amazon to admit the price has changed.

I'm actually thinking of logging a complain, to somebody higher up than CS - the whole contractictory information, and downright ignorance when it came to the price was awful - they were pretty much making me out to be a liar!

Any more luck with this mate? I haven't been able to contact them about it today, so I'll probably have to speak to them tomorrow (or Monday, if they're not available on Sundays).