Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

Green Hill- There is a single fish chase that lays a small segment of the stage

Chemical Plant- No Chase scene

Sky Sanctuary- No chase scene seen yet

Speed Highway- Not enough to judge yet

City Escape- A chase scene also involving dodging buzzsaws

Seaside Hill- A wheel platforming chase scene seen in Classic Sonic's stage (who can't boost, I will add)

Rooftop Tun- Angel Island style chase mentioned, and you are chasing the airship in Modern's

Roughly a few minutes worth of chase sequences out of a six to eight hour game?!

I... I can't cope with this shit.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 7

If that's their favourite Heroes stage, beating the likes of Hang Castle, Egg Fleet etc, they don't deserve to have a say in the level list.

If I remember correctly, there was a HUGE amount of fangasming over the look of Seaside Hill (Whale Lagoon or something) in ASR. Often people posted image macros of Whale Lagoon as the perfect way to reimagine Green Hill Zone. Generally the response to that stage was overwhelmingly positive.

I think Sonic Team might have seen that as a popular enough stage to remake. So it may actually be our fault.

Sky Sanctuary was already stage set in sky. If they would choose EGG Fleet it just wouldnt compare. Bingo Highway on other hand... I mean we at least get 3 Night stages but I wouldnt mind another one.

Pressing the circle button to slide through tight spaces!

Nobody saw what he did there? blink.png Awh forget about it. sleep.png

Well apparently it's the stages we voted for in that Facebook poll ages ago.

You telling me Radical Highway a non-Sonic stage was an actual option on Facebook?

/sarcasm

If that's their favourite Heroes stage, beating the likes of Hang Castle, Egg Fleet etc, they don't deserve to have a say in the level list.

Edited by Korama
  • Thumbs Up 1

You telling me Radical Highway a non-Sonic stage was an actual option on Facebook?

/sarcasm

I don't understand all that love that Hang Castle / Mystic Mansion is getting from some people. It's one of my least favorite stages in Heroes. I find it dull and boring.
All of Heroes is dull and boring. But HC/MM at least has an interesting theme, one that's only been represented in the series a handful of times. As opposed to GHZ 2.0...

I don't understand all that love that Hang Castle / Mystic Mansion is getting from some people. It's one of my least favorite stages in Heroes. I find it dull and boring.

The theme for Hang Castle is few and far between and isn't generic, unlike green hills and ice stages for example, so I can understand people wanting it in.

Though I would go with Egg Fleet myself.

All of Heroes is dull and boring. But HC/MM at least has an interesting theme, one that's only been represented in the series a handful of times. As opposed to GHZ 2.0...

What does that make Emerald Hill?

Fuck ya'll, Frog Forest was good.

*is the only fan of Frog Forest in Sonic fandom*

:/

*Is the only fan of Heroes in general*

Fuck ya'll, Frog Forest was good.

*is the only OTHER fan of Frog Forest in Sonic fandom*

Fixed...

Edit: I honestly think a frog forest lost jungle combo would have been awesome, and just think of how insane the "growing" alternate paths could have been.

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus

Wait, there's STILL bickering over the stage list? :/ *sigh*

I honestly have grown to accept the stage list, and I understand why these levels were chosen: besides simple fan demand, they represent key locations in Sonic's history. Take a look:

Green Hill - South Island

Chemical Plant - An important Eggman factory, akin to Metropolis

Sky Sanctuary - Angel Island/Death Egg

Speed Highway - Station Square

City Escape - Central City

Seaside Hill - I don't fucking know, there's an island shaped like a fucking whale, that should mean something

Crisis City - The ruined future

Rooftop Run - Spagonia

Planet Wisp - it's self-explanitory

And of course, there's the bosses.. Metal Sonic is Stardust Speedway/Little Planet, Shadow is the Ark/Final Rush (I think), Silver is probably Soleanna, Death Egg Robo is the actually Death Egg (and is pretty much the whole level, right from Sonic 2, besides Silver Sonic), Perfect Chaos is Station Square (kinda redundant..), and Egg Dragoon is Eggmanland.

Keeping this in mind, and looking at how Sonic Team is handling the levels, I'm pleased myself. Plus you cannot deny the iconic value these levels have all had on the franchise. And yeah, sure, there's a lot of city stages, but Sonic Team is mixing it up with how they're being handled: Speed Highway takes place in skyscrapers and highways at night, whereas City Escape is on the streets of a San Fransisco-style city at day, with much smaller buildings and totally different architecture. Meanwhile, Rooftop Run has radically different architecture and motifs than either of them, with a lack of cars, electricity and the like, AND has elements of a carnival-themed level thanks to all the attractions going on. It's got a solid amount of variety right there, and the only major tropes missing from the game seem to be a desert/oasis level, a haunted level, and an ice level. Everything else seems to be getting represented in some way, shape or form.

And yes, once again, remember: fan demand. Fans chose these levels specifically, and if I remember correctly, Sonic Team also did a poll asking fans what their favorite level THEMES were: city stages and tropical stages were the highest ranking, if I remember correctly. So yeah, this list was really made with the fans in mind, and while I probably would have chosen differently in a few areas myself, I can't really complain with the results.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 3

Fuck your reasonable intelligent nonsense EXshad, I'm entitled to Sega giving me Hang Castle or Egg Fleet.

OR Frog Forest

• Thumbs Up 3

Will the poll results be different if Sonic Team stated that the levels with the most votes will be in the upcoming game?

I think EXshad said it well. Honestly, the tropes are fine and the stages all look great. I think it's the little Sonic fanboys in the back of our minds that's going "But my favorite stage from ______ was ______! It didn't make it in, rawr rawr!"

...Still won't stop me from wishing Sonic 3 got a stage representation in Ice Cap, but Planet Wisp could be a great Launch Base alternative, I suppose.

Now wasn't this thread about gameplay trailers? When do you think we'll get the final Modern trailer and get to watch everyone flip their lids over Silver? :P

Frog forest is cool but it would only be ANOTHER green vibrant stage to the list. Some unique tropes wouldn't do any harm now would they -_-