Awoo.

How Should The Story For The Next Sonic Game Be?

CanofEpicSauce

I think I can name them.

1.CD

2.&3.Adventure 2

5.Sonic and Knuckles?

#2 is Sonic 2 from the Classic Era, final stage after defeating the boss. The rest are correct.

Edited by Tanaya

Oh fuck me, I started laughing with them.

Yeah, just listening to that can make a person lose their sanity.

Edited by sonfan1984

"LIGHT-HEARTED"

"SRS"

"SONIC COLOURS"

"SONIC ADVENTURE"

How about none of the above? Minority opinion time:

supersonic.jpg

If they can bring this mainstream without resorting to "LOL EVIL ALTER EGO" clichés, count me the fuck in.

It's from the British Sonic comics (Fleetway), in which the Chaos Emeralds are established as literal evil-magnets. They literally suck up and store evil from their surroundings indefinitely.

Anytime Sonic ate a faceful of Chaos Energy he went batshit insane from anywhere between two minutes to an hour. At first he was just nuts. Then he became sadistic and cruel.

So of course they went to the extreme of ripping his Super form out of Sonic himself and banishing him to parallel special stage dimension.

Then it turned out he was nuts and smart and jumped all the way to "I'm going to fuck up the entire universe because you all really piss me off".

And he managed to do all this without ever breaking a PG rating. Damn I miss Fleetway Super.

Argh, hate Fleetway Super Sonic. Just another example of the Superpowered Evil Side that I hate so much. It might also be because I tend to dislike mighty all-powerful loonies and go more for the underhanded schemers...

Now Fleetway Robotnik... he was something beautiful.

I thought Fleetway Super Sonic just made no sense considering Sonic 2 showed Super Sonic to be perfectly controllable.

In fact, Unleashed hints that he doesn't even have a super-powered evil side, so meh?

Anyway, I'm more a fan of the light-hearted story. Just maybe not with dialogue like Colours...

Edited by VEAM-F

I agree with Velotix I love Fleetway comics and thought evil Super Sonic was awesome. I don't know about putting him in the games but he is a great concept and character for comics. I love how the artists drew him and his insanely periodontal diseased teeth.

Argh, hate Fleetway Super Sonic. Just another example of the Superpowered Evil Side that I hate so much. It might also be because I tend to dislike mighty all-powerful loonies and go more for the underhanded schemers...

You hate The Joker?

Anyway, seeing how I never(and probably will never) read any of the Fleetway comics, I don't have much to say about Evil Super Sonic. The whole Superpowered Evil Side is cliche(Though Darkspine/Dark Super were pretty freaking badass), and really I don't see the need for it, espcially since Sonic 2, it appears Super Form is controllable.

I still say the stories should be more like Secret Rings/Black Knight: Starts off as a simple story, then gets heavy in the endgame. Hell even Sonic's lines aren't as cheesy in those games(Well minus the ending to Secret Rings, or Black Knight for that matter).

You hate The Joker?

Anyway, seeing how I never(and probably will never) read any of the Fleetway comics, I don't have much to say about Evil Super Sonic. The whole Superpowered Evil Side is cliche(Though Darkspine/Dark Super were pretty freaking badass), and really I don't see the need for it, espcially since Sonic 2, it appears Super Form is controllable.

I still say the stories should be more like Secret Rings/Black Knight: Starts off as a simple story, then gets heavy in the endgame. Hell even Sonic's lines aren't as cheesy in those games(Well minus the ending to Secret Rings, or Black Knight for that matter).

This to the power of one million.

I think that the next Sonic the Hedgehog game should be simple, and not involve anything new. By that, I mean it should only be a new Dr. Robotnik trick to take over the world and snatch up all those chaos emeralds. The only that it would have to have to add a certain depth would be that Dr. Robotnik should have both Shadow the Hedghehog and Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog CD) as his minions in this one. That would be so cool. And there should be some point where there is a flying stage like in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Sonic Adventure.

In summary:

-Dr. Robotnik plan

-Shadow and Metal Sonic as villans

-Eventually a point where they need to fly.

That is my perfect Sonic the Hedgehog game. Now, they just can't screw up the gameplay mechanics and physics...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

^Was this post downrepped because he used the word "simple?"

Actually I'd say it's because Shadow the Hedgehog is a minion.

That's still a bit minor, don'cha think?n

Besides, I could see Shadow in a villain role again. Maybe not exactly a minion for Eggman (an ally maybe), but some kind of antagonist nonetheless.

I SAY

Intro Movie:

Sonic is chilling around a campfire, strumming away on his guitar, while his friends talk away. It's his birthday, and yet they're arguing over "no you did this, and I did that". So, Sonic slams his hand on the strings and says "I'LL TELL YA WHAT HAPPENED. I WAS THERE, EVERYWHERE, I'M FAST ENOUGH TO SEE IT ALL, I TELL YA WHAT. Now you guys sit back, and I'll tell you how it all happened..."

PLOT:

Sonic then proceeds to retell EVERYBODY'S adventures, despite if he was there or not, while exaggerating his influence and pulling things out of his ass for the sake of an interesting story. At some points during his stories, people will interject, and say "hey wait, I thought his machine could fly." It will change to do so without interrupting gameplay, until Sonic shoots down the statement. Sometimes he rolls with it.

When you start ranking S ranks on missions, you get bonus stories, which are basically bloopers, jokes, troll stories and such put into cutscene form. For example, after doing a retelling of the Twinkle Park level from SA1 in a great time, you unlock a cutscene that shows Sonic in his bed, enjoying his morning, rolling around on his bed, all nice and comfy, to look out the window, to show Amy sitting there on the fire escape with a camp fire, sleeping bag, and marshmallows. Beating a specific Eggman boss without getting hit would allow you to watch a cutscene where Eggman says "Sonic! You're right on time! I am about to summon my meanest, nastiest, and BIGGEST monster you have ever seen! Care to take a guess?", and Sonic snidely replies "Is it your mom?".

Edited by Mr.Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 2

That's still a bit minor, don'cha think?n

Besides, I could see Shadow in a villain role again. Maybe not exactly a minion for Eggman (an ally maybe), but some kind of antagonist nonetheless.

But why would he be a bad guy? Don't you remember what happened in SA2

I SAY

Intro Movie:

Sonic is chilling around a campfire, strumming away on his guitar, while his friends talk away. It's his birthday, and yet they're arguing over "no you did this, and I did that". So, Sonic slams his hand on the strings and says "I'LL TELL YA WHAT HAPPENED. I WAS THERE, EVERYWHERE, I'M FAST ENOUGH TO SEE IT ALL, I TELL YA WHAT. Now you guys sit back, and I'll tell you how it all happened..."

PLOT:

Sonic then proceeds to retell EVERYBODY'S adventures, despite if he was there or not, while exaggerating his influence and pulling things out of his ass for the sake of an interesting story. At some points during his stories, people will interject, and say "hey wait, I thought his machine could fly." It will change to do so without interrupting gameplay, until Sonic shoots down the statement. Sometimes he rolls with it.

When you start ranking S ranks on missions, you get bonus stories, which are basically bloopers, jokes, troll stories and such put into cutscene form. For example, after doing a retelling of the Twinkle Park level from SA1 in a great time, you unlock a cutscene that shows Sonic in his bed, enjoying his morning, rolling around on his bed, all nice and comfy, to look out the window, to show Amy sitting there on the fire escape with a camp fire, sleeping bag, and marshmallows. Beating a specific Eggman boss without getting hit would allow you to watch a cutscene where Eggman says "Sonic! You're right on time! I am about to summon my meanest, nastiest, and BIGGEST monster you have ever seen! Care to take a guess?", and Sonic snidely replies "Is it your mom?".

That actually sounds really cool. Nice idea, but unfortunately I doubt anything like that would ever be made. D:

But why would he be a bad guy? Don't you remember what happened in SA2

Yeah, he promised to do good for humanity and not wipe them to extinction. That doesn't stop him from working with the bad guys when it can help him.

I'd like Shadow and Sonic to butt heads as rivals again considering Shadow still might do stuff like kill and destroys anything to achieve his own sense of justice. While Sonic is a pacsifist and wouldn't stand for any pointless carnage that Shadow's inflicts. Kinda like Date Masumune and Yukimara Saneda.