Awoo.

How Should The Story For The Next Sonic Game Be?

CanofEpicSauce

I found every narmtastic line you guys listed to be WAY better than this:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BALDY MCNOSEHAIR! THAT'S THE BEST THING I'VE HERD ALL DAY!!! HAHAHA!!!!!"

... Really? :wacko:

As far as story, I just want Eggman as the villain and for Sonic (& friends) to stop whatever Ivo's up to without Stupid Jokes For Kindergartners or SRSS BSNSS!

I completely forgot about the 'Badly McNosehair' line. Wow, that sounded stupid.

I wouldn't mind if the humor is more like it is in Sonic Free Riders. The script is funny without sounding childish. So imo Colors has better writing while SFR has better humor.

Edited by sonfan1984

DAMM FOORTH KAYOS EMRULD!1!!!

HEY YA BIG DRIP!!1!! WHER YA GOIN??//?

ELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!1!!!

HEH HEH HAH HAH!!!!11!! HYUCK HYUCK HYUCK HAH HAH HAH!1!1!!1!!!

FIND THA COMPOOTUR ROOM!!11!!!!!!

AW YAHHHHHHH!1!!1! DIS IZ HAPPUNIN!1!!!!!

Yeah, the BBBE is much worse.

I wont defend "BBBE" as I really don't care, Sonic Colors has so good of acting that, any bad line, can be ignored just because of the, well, GOOD atmosphere floating around the game. Sonic Colors has it's share of cheesy lines(Mostly intentionally cheesy, like BBBE), but Adventure has FAR more. I shouldn't have to list examples.

• Thumbs Up 1

DAMM FOORTH KAYOS EMRULD!1!!!

How could anyone not laugh at such an epic line?

HEY YA BIG DRIP!!1!! WHER YA GOIN??//?

In my opinion, that line showed Sonic's badass attitude, so I didn't have a problem with it.

ELIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!1!!!

Only people against any kinds of drama in the Sonic stories would have a problem with that line.

HEH HEH HAH HAH!!!!11!! HYUCK HYUCK HYUCK HAH HAH HAH!1!1!!1!!!

Whut? Where did this come from?

FIND THA COMPOOTUR ROOM!!11!!!!!!

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST LINE TO EVER COME OUT OF A SONIC GAME! HOW DARE YOU!

AW YAHHHHHHH!1!!1! DIS IZ HAPPUNIN!1!!!!!

...are you kidding me? Again, showed Sonic's laid back attitude this time, and I liked that.

Yeah, the BBBE is much worse.

Yes, yes it is. Maybe Adventure had some corny lines, but at least they weren't too childish like Colors was.

And using retard typing can make anything look stupid, so stop using it as an argument, please.

Agreed.

• Thumbs Up 1

People only say the Adventure games are better because of the Rose Tinted Glasses they wear when talking about the Adventure games, seriously I see no difference between the Narm in those games, and the jokes in Colors, they're both bad.

Only people against any kinds of drama in the Sonic stories would have a problem with that line.

No one with any sense of dignity will take that line seriously; there's drama, and then there's stupid acting.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Why are we arguing about this? Sonic games always have bad lines. And I don't think Colours has the worst ones either.

Any line used to show Sonic's "attitude" tend to make me cringe. So while most of his lines in Colours (including BBBE) are facepalm worthy, "C'mon ya big drip!" and "Aw yeah! This is happening!" are worth almost just as much.

In fact, a lot of Sonic's own dialogue in general makes me sigh. Every time I see someone's signature quoting his "Time to Worry" line or whatever else, I merely go "...Argh." Often followed by a gentle rub to the forehead. At least Mario's narmtastic zingers only come with instruction books.

Not that it matters. Robotnik always gets the best lines anyway.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why are we arguing about this? Sonic games always have bad lines. And I don't think Colours has the worst ones either.

Any line used to show Sonic's "attitude" tend to make me cringe. So while most of his lines in Colours (including BBBE) are facepalm worthy, "C'mon ya big drip!" and "Aw yeah! This is happening!" are worth almost just as much.

In fact, a lot of Sonic's own dialogue in general makes me sigh. Every time I see someone's signature quoting his "Time to Worry" line or whatever else, I merely go "...Argh." Often followed by a gentle rub to the forehead. At least Mario's narmtastic zingers only come with instruction books.

Not that it matters. Robotnik always gets the best lines anyway.

Glad someone realized that both games have bad lines.

And Sonic has his moments. But yeah, Eggman overall gets the better lines.

No, it's not that I'm against drama it's the way that line is delivered. The way Sonic yelled her name sounds so awkward and emotionless, it comes off more laughable then trying to be dramatic.

Edited by sonfan1984

No, it's not that I'm against drama it's the way that line is delivered. The way Sonic yelled her name sounds so awkward and emotionless, it comes off more laughable then trying to be dramatic.

Thank You.

I also would of found that scene a little more emotional if Sonic's facial expressions didn't look so derpy. <_<

And if Jason Griffith(God Bless his soul) sounded like he meant it.

Seriously 06, just makes Colors looks so much better.

And if Jason Griffith(God Bless his soul) sounded like he meant it.

Seriously 06, just makes Colors looks so much better.

That's really comparing an rotten orange to a half-freshed apple though.

Sonic 2006 makes anything look better.

Even Superman 64 suddenly doesn't feel so bad.

That's really comparing an rotten orange to a half-freshed apple though.

Line-wise.

Game-wise is a different story, right?

...Right?

You think so? I mean 06 was bad(really bad), but Superman 64 is just.....*UGH*.

I don't want this to devolve into another topic about the many many flaws of Sonic 2006, but the reason why I'd take even a piece of shit like Superman 64 over Sonic 2006 is more about how they affect them.

Superman isn't a game series at heart, so he's not that badly damaged in the long run. Sonic... not so much. However I do realise this is a rather poor point of view seeing as how you could say this about anything (read: Batman & Robin AKA Batman on Ice AKA Batman VS Governator AKA Here's Hoping Nolan Will Portray Bane Properly).

But before anyone starts, I'm not saying Sonic 2006 is a next generation Atari E.T.

Only played about 20 seconds of Superman 64, but I'll take your word for it.

As for the story for the next Sonic game I just hope they keep it simple and fun. And don't feature another random demonic deity that robs the doctor of his place as the final boss. Honestly how many times has that happened now?

I really don't have a specific way I want Sonic stories to go in terms of plot, but there are things I don't want to see in the next Sonic storyline as well. While I am kinda on the boat with people on some of the cringe worthy Sonic Colors cutscenes and while some of the jokes are still funny, I'd rather see a different trend in the Sonic story this time. With that said, I want to avoid the Dragon Ball Z stereotype that was in the Sonic Adventure era with OMG anthropomorphic animals must save the world ("OF COURSE!" - M.Bison) by turning super and destroying demon entities type of story telling.

I'm looking for an intelligent story, where characters don't try to act like they are a cool and edgy California surfer stereotype from a bad movie, but I do not want the characters to lose their sense and sanity as well. I want the story to be funny not in the way of Sonic Colors where they try to be funny, but charming type of funny, where sheer irony can be found charming and funny. A story with intriguing characters, not stereotypically cool, but more intelligent and less artificial, a more Pixar style where the storyline is funny not because its pushing itself to be, but the irony of the jokes making it funny, where during dramatic scenes characters take their tone down to fit the scene well, with a climatic ending that will touch the hearts of Sonic fans and everybody else.

I really don't have a specific way I want Sonic stories to go in terms of plot, but there are things I don't want to see in the next Sonic storyline as well. While I am kinda on the boat with people on some of the cringe worthy Sonic Colors cutscenes and while some of the jokes are still funny, I'd rather see a different trend in the Sonic story this time. With that said, I want to avoid the Dragon Ball Z stereotype that was in the Sonic Adventure era with OMG anthropomorphic animals must save the world ("OF COURSE!" - M.Bison) by turning super and destroying demon entities type of story telling.

I'm looking for an intelligent story, where characters don't try to act like they are a cool and edgy California surfer stereotype from a bad movie, but I do not want the characters to lose their sense and sanity as well. I want the story to be funny not in the way of Sonic Colors where they try to be funny, but charming type of funny, where sheer irony can be found charming and funny. A story with intriguing characters, not stereotypically cool, but more intelligent and less artificial, a more Pixar style where the storyline is funny not because its pushing itself to be, but the irony of the jokes making it funny, where during dramatic scenes characters take their tone down to fit the scene well, with a climatic ending that will touch the hearts of Sonic fans and everybody else.

In short, you just want a well written story, like a pixar movie?

While I can agree with that, I don't see how its a cliche that Sonic has to save the world? The Damsel in Distress is a cliche, and Mario uses that one to death, and it always ends with you trying to save the Mushroom Kingdom.

Edited by Shadic93

In short, you just want a well written story, like a pixar movie?

While I can agree with that, I don't see how its a cliche that Sonic has to save the world? The Damsel in Distress is a cliche, and Mario uses that one to death, and it always ends with you trying to save the Mushroom Kingdom.

I guess so, I'm only saying that I want something that's not, "Oh look these people are getting attacked, and only I can save them", or "these aliens are getting kidnapped and I must save them", etc. A story that doesn't rely on the fundamental that it's Sonic's job to stop Dr. Eggman, that he actually has an incentive for stopping him. I guess if we were to compare this to Mario, Mario doesn't go and attack Bowser's for no reason, but he has a goal to reach (saving Peach), so what is Sonic's goal?

Edited by Krishaa

No one with any sense of dignity will take that line seriously; there's drama, and then there's stupid acting.

You sure you weren't sold on the line because of the fact Sonic was crying for his human girlfriend? I don't blame ya for that though, that concept ruined a perfectly well planned story. It's a good thing Silver and Shadow have proper stories in the game at least to carry the whole story. But Sega always seems to find a way to screw Sonic over.

I guess so, I'm only saying that I want something that's not, "Oh look these people are getting attacked, and only I can save them", or "these aliens are getting kidnapped and I must save them", etc. A story that doesn't rely on the fundamental that it's Sonic's job to stop Dr. Eggman, that he actually has an incentive for stopping him. I guess if we were to compare this to Mario, Mario doesn't go and attack Bowser's for no reason, but he has a goal to reach (saving Peach), so what is Sonic's goal?

The series has always been like that. Its not like Sonic goes to Eggman's door and trashes his place just because. Sonic only acts when he knows he's needed, other than that he just does his own thing until trouble shows up. I think you have a problem when Sonic is presented as this chosen hero who is the only competent one in the game. Sonic has no specific goal other than to live his life by his own ideals, and because of his ideals he won't let anyone get away with injusice. Basically he stops whoever is causing trouble at the moment, but he doesn't present himself as a hero of legend or anything like that.

You sure you weren't sold on the line because of the fact Sonic was crying for his human girlfriend? I don't blame ya for that though, that concept ruined a perfectly well planned story. It's a good thing Silver and Shadow have proper stories in the game at least to carry the whole story. But Sega always seems to find a way to screw Sonic over.

Really it was just the way Griffith acted that line that made it so unemotional. Had he sounded like he cared, I might've taken it seriously.

That was my main gripe with 06, the fact that Sonic had the most boring story; I don't mind if Silver or Shadow or whoever has an interesting storyline but when it eclipes` the titlur character, something's wrong.

Really it was just the way Griffith acted that line that made it so unemotional. Had he sounded like he cared, I might've taken it seriously.

That was my main gripe with 06, the fact that Sonic had the most boring story; I don't mind if Silver or Shadow or whoever has an interesting storyline but when it eclipes` the titlur character, something's wrong.

I agree Griffith should've acted better. The thing is he definitely has the ability to, just look at how he acted in Black Knight. While sometimes he had too much emotion in that game, it was a believable performance. Kinda sad he was replaced as soon as he was getting good.

And I agree, Sonic should still have a great story no matter what. The Elise concept was a bad idea from the start. Even I, a big supporter for more SA2 like stories, can say that Elise is definitely crossing the line. She felt like a even worst version of Chris.

Edited by RidersDX

And I agree, Sonic should still have a great story no matter what. The Elise concept was a bad idea from the start. Even I, a big supporter for more SA2 like stories, can say that Elise is definitely crossing the line. She felt like a even worst version of Chris.

It wasn't even the whole princess thing, it was just the fact that despite being with the macguffin for half the game, he never met Mephiles once or even found out about his plans or anything.