Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

It took a few minutes, but it turns out that about 5%+ off the Vita's game card memory will be used for save data and future game patches. So I guess it'll be like the 3/DS.

Maybe one could hold off on a memory card until they can comfortably afford one if they're only worried about saving their games for the time being. I for one would like to make the complete jump from my PSP to the PSV as fast as possible.

What is Sony going to do for those of us who have UMD games, will we have to purchase them again or can we use our upc code or whatever as proof of purchase and download it? I get the feeling I'm just going to be screwed out of some money either way.

What is Sony going to do for those of us who have UMD games, will we have to purchase them again or can we use our upc code or whatever as proof of purchase and download it? I get the feeling I'm just going to be screwed out of some money either way.

Edited by LunarEdge

They said the same before the PSP Go was released, but nothing ever came of it. I keep wanting to put a deposit down for this but then resist the urge. The only way I'll buy a new console, handheld or otherwise, is if a Sonic game is released for it. That's the only reason I brought a 3DS. Sure, there are some great games coming out for it now, but I got it 5 months ago in preparation for Sonic Generations. If the PS3 version can easily be ported to the Vita, my handheld gaming experience will reach its peak.

As silly as that is, I'm not entirely sure why you'd ever buy a Vita without a Memory Card anyway.

It's almost a non-issue.

As silly as that is, I'm not entirely sure why you'd ever buy a Vita without a Memory Card anyway.

It's almost a non-issue.

Is this about the $100 memory sticks?

Are we even sure they're going to be that expensive. I mean Japan - US - Europe conversions are always weird. Japanese prices are always much higher than US or European Prices. That massive asking price will probably end up being scaled down a hell of a lot.

Unless of course the $100 is the US price and not just a Direct Yen -> Dollar coversion.

Yeah, it's more necessary than optional.

I hope against all odds the price rape on cards isn't too high, but they gotta fuck up somewhere with the hardware and this is the most probable area. Moreso when people were willing to pay $100 for a shitty 20Gb Xbox HDD.

Wonder if GAME offers a jar of lube as preorder bonus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Money?

But that's stupid. Honestly stupid. It's no different than with a PSP. You're going to want a memory card.

You can't save your game without a Memory Stick so you fork up the extra cash for the Memory Stick. This is the same exact situation.

Were you guys really thinking about buying this thing without some sort of means to save your progress? Seriously?

Edited by Chooch

But that's stupid. Honestly stupid. It's no different than with a PSP. You're going to want a memory card.

You can't save your game without a Memory Stick so you fork up the extra cash for the Memory Stick.

Were you guys really thinking about buying this thing without some sort of means to save your progress? Seriously?

Yeah, my PSP came with like a 8 GB Memory Stick. Also, there's the whole thing about the PSP using discs, which can't save to themselves, while the Vita uses game cards which should be able to do so.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I still question why the hell cart/card based games can't save to their own internal memory.

Edited by Scar

Damn I guess Sony suddenly decided to try out the Sonic cycle or something(/sarcasm).

3DS fits Street Fighter IV on it just fine, and saves to onboard storage, I think Sony is just bullshit.

They're selling the PSvita at a loss right? They had to re-cooperate it some how, this... unnecessary neccesity just happened to be that very thing. Also about some games not needing it, would that obviously mean some games will save on the game card itself? Edited by Jetronic

Also about some games not needing it, would that obviously mean some games will save on the game card itself?

Yes, some games will have game cards with storage for saves.

There's talk about the game cards going as high as 32GB at some point. Opinions?

Yes, some games will have game cards with storage for saves.

There's talk about the game cards going as high as 32GB at some point. Opinions?

That's about the same with the 3DS, they're starting off with 2GB but Metal Gear Solid 3 will be using a 4GB game card. Sizes should increase not too long after that. Edited by Jetronic

• 3 weeks later...