Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

The only thing that disappoints me about the Vita's battery life is that this estimate isn't based off of it's max brightness quality unlike the 3DS. Considering the obsessive-compulsive in me I'll probably lose an hour of that due to my need to always have it maxed out, but other than that I didn't expect any different, and considering how, when and where I usually tend to use my portables, the estimate that's roughly the same as the PSP has never been a massive bother for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find that I always use the lowest brightness setting on my PSP. I can see it perfectly fine even on lowest. It'll probably be the same with my Vita.

Calamity Trigger, yeah. But Zen ignored any portable iteration of Continuum Shift.

Continuum Shift II is being released in the UK this month actually :U

Now that's surprising. I stand corrected then.

I still think Zen are incompetent as shit and I'll be surprised if they don't end up delaying it in the last minute like the last three games they published.

battery life never really concerned me seeing how I usually have a charger near by. Given, a long lasting battery is a nice gesture. For my Psp1000 I bought an extended battery which was freaking amazing lol. Shame you can only get an external alternative for the Vita

Really only thing in the titles so far that catches my eye is that Gravity Daze game, well maybe the Super Monkey Ball one as well. It's a little disappointing that we'll only have 3-5 hours for battery life, but I don't usually play longer than that anyway. I just don't want to have to turn down the brightness all the way and struggle to see the screen like back when the GBA was around. :/

So we'll possibly see a January-March release considering Japan is getting it this year? How much of a delay was there with the PSP?

Edit: Just realized the article stated that the Vita will have 3-5 hours if you have the screen on normal settings with wi-fi and bluetooth turned off. That's a little disappointing.

Also IGN references Sony as saying 4 hours for video time, not five. It may be only an hour, but I'm curious which is the right one.

Edited by SpikeyPurple

It was like 2 or 3 months, so America should get it in March or April. I'll be waiting, though. I'm sure it's going to get some really gems like the PSP did but, that takes time.

So you have to charge the PS Vita every four or five hours... um, so what?

Unless you're planning on climbing Everest whilst trying to complete Final Fantasy 47 from start to finish, is battery life really that big a deal? I have a Nintendo DS Lite and a PlayStation Portable. Both need regular charging and it doesn't bother me in the slightest (and I play with bright screens and loud volume settings) because the joy that the consoles bring me far outweights the "Uh-oh, flashing battery warning... better save, quit and come back in ninety minutes once I've recharged."

In fact, the battery life of the PlayStation Portable I have (the Slim & Lite PSP-3003 model) is around four hours, with brightness turned up and the Wi-Fi switch turned off. So for something more powerful, with more battery-eating features, to have roughly the same battery life is a vast improvement on battery quality.

Personally, I'm not worried about the battery. I'm worried about the videogames, as they are rather the point of a videogames' console.

So I continue to save my moneys for launch day.

I'd wait unless you really like Uncharted because, that's probably the only major non-port title we'll get.

I'll be honest.

I don't get it.

It's basically a PSP with a touchscreen and two knobs :/

People are saying it's better than the 3DS, which is total bullshit.

And the 3DS is a DS with a knob and 3D that eats up the battery and doesn't add anything to actual gameplay. They're both nothing revolutionary.

Edited by Ekaje

Improved graphics that drain the battery don't add anything to gameplay. It goes both ways, folks.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

The tech is much better then the 3DS and this is coming from a huge Nintendo fanboy. That said it seems like 90% of the games announced for the Vita are ports of HD games. At the end of the day it's a systems game library that wins me over and as of right now I think the 3DS offers a much better library. Not only with Nintendo's first party support, but stuff like Resident Evil Revelations, and Kingdom Hearts DDD has me hugely excited.

Edited by speedfreak

I'll be honest.

I don't get it.

It's basically a PSP with a touchscreen and two knobs :/

I could care less about the whole console war bullshit. Considering the games that are coming to both systems, I'd say that they're both equal. I don't care about 3D, and I don't care about having two analog sticks either, hell, I've played shooters without even one analog stick since 2005 on the DS. All I really care about is the games coming to the systems, and that's why I'm getting the Vita when it comes out.

If nothing else, Sony seems to have put some thought into the PSP2 (that dumb shit with AT&T notwithstanding) rather than just dumping the thing on the market and expecting it to sell simply because it exists.