Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

then why even respond? Move it on people lol

That's a big line there for Pre-Orders... they will rage if they don't get their Monster Hunter on launch lol

February 22nd... oh joy looks like I'll be skipping the launch week for this thing, as I have other things to buy during that time.

February 22nd... oh joy looks like I'll be skipping the launch week for this thing, as I have other things to buy during that time.

YAY! Glad to see a release date at last biggrin.png

Also... has this been announced yet? "Activision’s

Theres a Call of Duty game coming to Vita?

Huh February eh? I already put $50 down for the Wifi model... so I can put $25 down a week or every other week and pay it off before release. This is going to happen... my first console/handheld on launch LETS GO!

Huh February eh? I already put $50 down for the Wifi model... so I can put $25 down a week or every other week and pay it off before release. This is going to happen... my first console/handheld on launch LETS GO!

Why do you guys in the US pay your money for games/consoles/accessories etc in advance? huh.png Here in the UK our stores let us pre-order, but they don't let us pay our items off in advance and even if they did I wouldn't do it. I'd hold onto my money just in case something urgent came up and I needed it for that or it turned out I couldn't afford the item/s. With consoles or highly anticipated games our retailers will require a small deposit, but they don't let us pay it all off in advance.

So I totally just preordered the wifi version on Amazon.com a long with Gravity Rush (Gravity Daze) and it came to $289, so all I have to do is put back $300 specifically for this thing, shouldn't be too difficult right after the holidays if I don't go "lalalalala I WANT THIS, I WANT THIS, I WANT THIS, I NEED THIS, LOLOLOLOLOL, BUY BUY BUY SPEND SPEND SPEND". I want one so fucking bad!

Why do you guys in the US pay your money for games/consoles/accessories etc in advance? huh.png Here in the UK our stores let us pre-order, but they don't let us pay our items off in advance and even if they did I wouldn't do it. I'd hold onto my money just in case something urgent came up and I needed it for that or it turned out I couldn't afford the item/s. With consoles or highly anticipated games our retailers will require a small deposit, but they don't let us pay it all off in advance.

I didn't pay everything off on it all at once though. I only put a certain amount aside for my pre-order ($50 since it's the reserve amount) just in case something DOES come up I didn't throw all my money down towards the Vita. I get what you're saying, but if anything being able to pay it off in advance is a money saver. Instead of putting so much down to reserve my copy and having to pay the REST OFF IN FULL I rather put a little amount down at a time so before release it's paid off and I'm not dishing out $200.00 to pick up my item. If you want to throw that much money down after release or before release that's totally your decision. But $25 down a week or every other week before release isn't setting me back, so no worries on my end

TL;DR: Being able to reserve games/consoles and pay whatever amount of money afterwards till release is a money saver if you ask me since I don't have to dish out $60 or $250.00 at a time

Edited by LunarEdge

I forget, is there a memory card included with it?

Afraid not.

Here is what is in the box:

PlayStation Vita system

USB cable

AC adaptor

Power cord

Printed materials

We do have some great pre-order offers coming shortly which we will make sure we let you now about.

3G details will be announced shortly.

http://blog.eu.plays...-february-2012/

Because it's convenient?

It's easier to pay for something in small doses over the long run instead of 'Well I'm just gonna pay this $50 and then wait until release for me to pay the other $200 and pick it up'. You pay what you can over the course of.. I dunno a few months, and then when it finally does release you can just pick it up from the store no problem because you paid off most if not all of it.

And in the example that you mention about unexpected urgent events that require money, couldn't you just reverse that and apply it to your case too? Like 'I put about $100 on this months ago, but something came up recently so I don't have the other $100'. If you paid for it in small amounts over the course of several months even if that happened you might still be able to pay for it in full when you pick it up, yes?

That's just how I see it anyway.

Edited by Chooch

Because it's convenient?

It's easier to pay for something in small doses over the long run instead of 'Well I'm just gonna pay this $50 and then wait until release for me to pay the other $200 and pick it up'. You pay what you can over the course of.. I dunno a few months, and then when it finally does release you can just pick it up from the store no problem because you paid off most if not all of it.

And in the example that you mention about unexpected urgent events that require money, couldn't you just reverse that and apply it to your case too? Like 'I put about $100 on this months ago, but something came up recently so I don't have the other $100'. If you paid for it in small amounts over the course of several months even if that happened you might still be able to pay for it in full when you pick it up, yes?

That's just how I see it anyway.

I didn't pay everything off on it all at once though. I only put a certain amount aside for my pre-order ($50 since it's the reserve amount) just in case something DOES come up I didn't throw all my money down towards the Vita. I get what you're saying, but if anything being able to pay it off in advance is a money saver. Instead of putting so much down to reserve my copy and having to pay the REST OFF IN FULL I rather put a little amount down at a time so before release it's paid off and I'm not dishing out $200.00 to pick up my item. If you want to throw that much money down after release or before release that's totally your decision. But $25 down a week or every other week before release isn't setting me back, so no worries on my end

TL;DR: Being able to reserve games/consoles and pay whatever amount of money afterwards till release is a money saver if you ask me since I don't have to dish out $60 or $250.00 at a time

I see and respect your points. It's cool. I just don't see a huge difference/advantage between saving it in your bank and handing it over to the retailer. If it's with the retailer, then you can't be tempted to spend it, but if it's saved in your bank, then at least you can change your mind on the purchase or withdraw it if something urgent comes up, or do the retailers let you change your mind and have a full refund any time before you collect the item?

By the way, what would happen if the price drops between the time you paid it off and release? I assume they naturally give you a refund?

If the price were to drop my retailer wouldn't be able to give a refund, but I could always put the extra credit towards something else (like a game) I know it kinda sucks, but those are their terms of service. I highly doubt the Vita will see a price drop any time soon however.

Wait, what? That's an effin' joke. Not being able to save my games from the get go is a big let down.

Anyway, I still think the box looks like a cellphone box xD. I'll get the console some way down the road, but not any time soon. Either when it gets cheaper or we get a new model.

Edited by MarcelloF

If it doesn't come with a memory card... *sigh* it will be like buying a ps2 all over again "yay I have a ps2... noooo I cannot save my games..." *plays same sections over and over again until I the next day when I can get a memory card*... the nightmares I've had....

So, I need to get the actual handheld, a memory card, and a damn game so the thing doesn't become a paper weight... I hate you Sony, I hate you so much, you come up with nice things... but manage to fuck up where it actually counts.

• Thumbs Up 1

kinda sux that no saved data can be stored on the internal memory :( Given, I had plans on getting a Memory stick on release/.. but the games saved data doesn't save to the cartridge like the DS? Kinda odd... more like a step back for the Next Generation Portable

kinda sux that no saved data can be stored on the internal memory sad.png Given, I had plans on getting a Memory stick on release/.. but the games saved data doesn't save to the cartridge like the DS? Kinda odd... more like a step back for the Next Generation Portable

I think thats more because the system already has so much memory on it, it can't support internal memory

I personally think the vita looks overdone for a portable system, but nintendo is going to have to step their game up.

tbh I don't know... wouldn't make sense if they didn't though.

It took a few minutes, but it turns out that about 5%+ off the Vita's game card memory will be used for save data and future game patches. So I guess it'll be like the 3/DS.

Maybe one could hold off on a memory card until they can comfortably afford one if they're only worried about saving their games for the time being. I for one would like to make the complete jump from my PSP to the PSV as fast as possible.