Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Wow, those memory cards are really expensive.

I think the bigger issue is that everyone seems to be bad with their money and completely unwilling to save for anything. If you have any sort of job, you should easily be able to get the 32GB memory stick, BUT NO, all everyone wants to do is complain about the prices instead of thinking for a second "hey wait a second, I could easily save up for this in advance and be able to buy everything I want pronto."

The only people who should be allowed to complain about the prices are kiddies with no jobs who have to depend on their parents for everything.

This is what the situation looks like to me.

I'll be saving up if I can't secure a job in the foreseeing months.

That IS ridiculously expensive, I'm pretty sure 32 GB SD cards can be bought for a lot less than that. At least half price.

I would like to think you have a job where you can siphon maybe 10 or so dollars from every now and then from each check. I mean, sure it is a quite expensive, but it's no obstacle if you're the least bit smart with your money.

Edited by Edward_Elric

That's 125 dollars you could spend on other things. Seriously, 125 dollars for a fucking memory card is way too much. Job or not.

Then settle for the 2 or 4GB then, no one is gonna force you to buy the 34GB one, unless the guy at best buy threatens you at gun point because hes desperate for a sale.

I would like to think you have a job where you can siphon maybe 10 or so dollars from every now and then from each check. I mean, sure it is a quite expensive,

but it's no obstacle if you're the least bit smart with your money.

What you said right here is that if you're smart with your money you have better ability to be stupid with your money, only in lump sums. I mean, seriously, I have to wonder whether you are intentionally missing the point.

Someone who is smart with their money does not blindly siphon money away from their paycheck just because they can afford to do so. Someone who is smart with their money sure as hell doesn't at least question their spending when something costs over twice as much as the nearest alternative, which these memory cards to compared to any other type of Flash Memory. You are basically telling people to be stupid with their money, but then saying that because you can afford to be stupid with your money that it doesn't count as being stupid with your money. Your "advice" makes no sense whatsoever.

Then settle for the 2 or 4GB then, no one is gonna force you to buy the 34GB one, unless the guy at best buy threatens you at gun point because hes desperate for a sale.

If the point was in Seattle you would be in Beijing, which, again, makes me think you are being deliberately obtuse.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

$125!? Damn, and I thought the regular PSP memory cards were expensive.

A memory card shouldn't cost that much unless it can come alive and do my taxes on command.

Someone who is smart with their money does not blindly siphon money away from their paycheck just because they can afford to do so.

I'm fairly certain shaving $10 or $20 off a paycheck every now and then between now and when the PSV gets released isn't gonna break your bank, unless your a struggling college student or parent(s) with with mouths to feed. Of course beyond getting the damn memory chip/stick, you still gotta get the damn unit itself.

But hey, if a kid could save up his allowance to by himself a gameboy colour back in the day, why can't we do the same in this situation?

I'm fairly certain shaving $10 or $20 off a paycheck every now and then between now and when the PSV gets released isn't gonna break your bank, unless your a struggling college student or parent(s) with with mouths to feed. Of course beyond getting the damn memory chip/stick, you still gotta get the damn unit itself.

But hey, if a kid could save up his allowance to by himself a gameboy colour back in the day, why can't we do the same in this situation?

Yeah. Until you figure out what the actual problem is (here's a hint: It has to do with the fact that the memory sticks all cost twice as much as they should) and how your silly diatribes about how "easy" it is to save money to waste it later are completely irrelevant to this conversation, I'm not even going to bother anymore.

Edited by Tornado

The problem is Sony is price gouging because they can. It's the same with Microsoft and their 360 hard drives.

And yet some will still buy it, like me, but in the case of the 360 hard drives you get kinda boned unless you have connections.

That memory card better come with a Happy Ending and a Cleveland Steamer.

I am going to have to resort to prostitution.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys remember they are around the size as a micro sdcard and the prices of those cards was the same as like 8 months ago. Since I boughte for my SGS (32GB). But I'm so gonna import that card from America gonna be just as cheap as micro sdcard are in Sweden so that is pretty sweet, I'm guessing they're going to price it at 100$.

I don't understand why they don't just use SD Cards?

It doesn't have really anything to do with me wanting to buy one. When I do get a Vita, I'll stick with whatever comes with the console, like with the PSP, I still have my 32mb Memory Stick. I just think 124$ is way too much for a memory card.

I also find it ironic. that you're telling people to be smart with their money by wasting a large amount on a memory card.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't have really anything to do with me wanting to buy one. When I do get a Vita, I'll stick with whatever comes with the console, like with the PSP, I still have my 32mb Memory Stick. I just think 124$ is way too much for a memory card.

An Excellent choice if thats what you prefer.

I also find it ironic. that you're telling people to be smart with their money by wasting a large amount on a memory card.

I also find your mentality interesting. It'd only be waste if they bought it and didn't use it. And since when is saving your money in advance for something one might want not smart?

I've read around and I think we might be jumping the gun on the prices of the accessorizes by using a direct yen to your preferred currency. Currently buying a psp game alone in japan costs $70+ CDN, when they only cost around $20-$40 CDN here. I'm assuming the same would go for the accessorizes like a lot of other people I've talked to also assume.

That line of reasoning doesn't stop being any less ridiculous if you put off repeating it for nearly a month,

That line of reasoning doesn't stop being any less ridiculous if you put off repeating it for nearly a month,

Only if you deem it so good fellow. Me and a few other individuals I spend time with beg to differ.

Big queues for pre-orders in Japan

linesstartingvita.jpg

http://www.gamezone....already-massive

Oh wow, what were they like for the 3DS probably even more massive. Can't wait for the thing to release in the States, hopefully Gravity Daze will find it's way here *fingers crossed* Wait, holy shit that's just for preorders, in before simulated shortage to drive up hype... just joking.

Only if you deem it so good fellow. Me and a few other individuals I spend time with beg to differ.

I'm having quite a hard time understanding how you and the people you spend time with can argue that what basically amounts to a 100% markup compared to standardized memory is not something others should have a problem with, to the point of being a condescending fool about it; but since you basically admitted you were wrong already I don't really care either.

I'm having quite a hard time understanding how you and the people you spend time with can argue that what basically amounts to a 100% markup compared to standardized memory is not something others should have a problem with, to the point of being a condescending fool about it; but since you basically admitted you were wrong already I don't really care either.

then why even respond? Move it on people lol

That's a big line there for Pre-Orders... they will rage if they don't get their Monster Hunter on launch lol