Awoo.

General Sonic 20th Anniversary topic

Detective Shadzter

Crush40 Music? Meh...they already overstayed their welcome IMO...

Hey, I like Crush40. Jun Senoue and Johnny Gioelli are great personalities.

Besides, their music is harmless at worst.

Edited by Scar

Crush 40 are great! If you don't like them don't listen to them. They didn't overstayed their welcome by all means. Besides they are a lot better than that Cash-cash shit. [i like the melody of "Reach for the stars", i just don't like the guy on vocals and the likes of him in general.]

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just hope it isn't a sign of having mainly rock in the next game, I'd like if it kept the way of Colors and Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Crush 40 are great! If you don't like them don't listen to them. They didn't overstayed their welcome by all means. Besides they are a lot better than that Cash-cash shit. [i like the melody of "Reach for the stars", i just don't like the guy on vocals and the likes of him in general.]

I like Crush 40 too, but I can understand why some people don't.

I'm sure the percentage of people who don't like them are going to have a fun time muting the game. I'm sure it won't hinder the experience at all.

...wait. Seriously, that's a really lame statement you made there. Crush 40's music is integrated into whatever game they're in, particularly Jun Senoue. How can you honestly say something like that without considering the fact that people are going to have to listen to Crush 40 if they want to play the game?

Also, way to respect the opinions of others. Good job.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm sure the percentage of people who don't like them are going to have a fun time muting the game. I'm sure it won't hinder the experience at all.

...wait. Seriously, that's a really lame statement you made there. Crush 40's music is integrated into whatever game they're in, particularly Jun Senoue. How can you honestly say something like that without considering the fact that people are going to have to listen to Crush 40 if they want to play the game?

Also, way to respect the opinions of others. Good job.

Actually, Crush40's Vocal themes are only every played in the credits, so you don't have to listen to them.

Also, I hope June Senoue hires all the other composers, like he did for SA1 and Black Knight. I love his rocking tunes as much as the next guy, but I do like variety.

No more crush 40 dammit! I hope they keep the creative tunes coming similar too colors and unleashed and the oldschool type 90's style music and leave crush for only a side track but not the main, ugh...i like crush 40 too, but i'm SO sick of rock in sonic, it's just ugh...

Like look at mario, i think him , the characters , and his games suck pure ass, but his soundtrack is always creative.

Edited by Too cool for school
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just hope they star singing rather than screaming. I like Open Your Heart, but they sort of got wore with each song. Knight of the Wind was just irritating.

I just hope it isn't a sign of having mainly rock in the next game, I'd like if it kept the way of Colors and Unleashed.

Yeah, hopefully just do a theme song that plays during the credits or something. Keep the BGM in levels done with variety like Colors.

No more crush 40 dammit! I hope they keep the creative tunes coming similar too colors and unleashed and the oldschool type 90's style music and leave crush for only a side track but not the main, ugh...i like crush 40 too, but i'm SO sick of rock in sonic, it's just ugh...

We ain't heard the soundtrack yet. Relax. Besides, Asteroid Coaster was pretty hard rock in my eyes.

I really doubt we'll have another Shadow the Hedgehog styled soundtrack. I like rock, but that Sountrack had more bad that good.

I want something in the vein of Sonic Heroes or SA1 in terms of soundtrack variety.

How can you honestly say something like that without considering the fact that people are going to have to listen to Crush 40 if they want to play the game?

You're right in everything, except the fact that

Jun Senoue =/= Crush 40 and i don't mind soundtracks like in colors at all.

I want something in the vein of Sonic Heroes or SA1 in terms of soundtrack variety.

I agree with this, especially about SA1. That had a lot of rock in it, but it also had jazz, synth, and a lot of other types of music as well. Actually, I kind of liked some of that crazy techno-jazz (or whatever you'd call it) they had, I wouldn't mind that coming back, if only for a few songs.

Rough translation of the text on the website:

This year where Sonic's 20th anniversary is met, starts a project of commemoration of Sonic's 20th anniversary, by SEGA and Wave Master, who do their best to enjoy the sound that colors the world of Sonic.

As the start of this, this spring, a long-awaited-by-fans public performance in Tokyo of Crush 40 has been decided!

A live which is the first try for this band, don't miss this precious opportunity!

I am so glad to hear it is just a live performance and not a confirmation of them doing stuff in a 20th anniversary game. I wish they'd just...not do themes anymore, I absolutely love the much better musical direction as of late (vocal themes aside). Why can't vocal themes in general just go away already?

• Thumbs Up 1

When finally some Sonic fans will no longer be selfish, and begin to understand that Sega alternates their games and music styles to please all the fans, not only those to which they belong?

P.S. Johnny confirmed that he and Jun are working on the anniversary game. And this is just awesome.

Edited by Kiberbot

When finally some Sonic fans will no longer be selfish, and begin to understand that Sega alternates their games and music styles to please all the fans, not just those to which they belong?
When Sega realizes that having the series bounce around like a schizophrenic superball isn't doing them any good.
  • Thumbs Up 1

When finally some Sonic fans will no longer be selfish, and begin to understand that Sega alternates their games and music styles to please all the fans, not just those to which they belong?

P.S. Johnny confirmed that he and Jun are working on the anniversary game.

Haven't they been trying to do that for 5 years or so and kept failing to do so?:huh:

Edited by DragonSoul

I am so glad to hear it is just a live performance and not a confirmation of them doing stuff in a 20th anniversary game. I wish they'd just...not do themes anymore, I absolutely love the much better musical direction as of late (vocal themes aside). Why can't vocal themes in general just go away already?

Why should they go away? They're completely harmless, and a lot of people actually enjoy the songs that C40 put out.

As for the actual soundtrack, we need to wait and see before we acn pass judgement. However, considering its Senoue, I doubt he'd do the whole thing on his own, so we will be see a number of other composers.

I hope the list is:

Jun Senoue [sound Director]

Fumie Kumatani

Hideaki Kobayashi

Tomoya Ohtani

Mariko Namba

Kenichi Tokoi

Howard Drossin

Richard Jaques

Brad Buxer [Please]

Masato Nakamura [PLEASE}

A good number of them will probably helping with the soundtrack, but a couple are just wishful thinking.

There is lot of Sonic fans all around the world, and Sega know that they cant appease them all by only one game or music genre. And lose their customers is not in their rules.

There is lot of Sonic fans all around the world, and Sega know that they cant appease them all by only one game or music genre. And lose their customers is not in their rules.

They have rules?

Since when?

Edited by DragonSoul

They'll have to sacrifice a few sales in the interest of making not a good game, but an excellent one.

I'd rather have 1 truely exceptional game, rather than several average to decent games in an attempt to please everyone.

Edited by Scar

You think that hasn't been happening already? You can't be great at everything; you stretch yourself too thin, and you end up being good at nothing.

I'm not talking about one game for everyone, but just the opposite. Sega can not make one perfect game for everyone, so Sega makes different games for different fans.

And then no one is happy.

Rly?

Example 1:

Sega makes Colors 2 and S4 Episode 2 - retro fans are happy.

Sega makes SA3ish game - Adventure fans are happy.

[etc]

All categories of fans got their game. Everyone is happy.

Example 2:

Sega makes games for retro fans. The remaining fans do not count. All but retro ones are unhappy.

What kind of example is better?

Rly?

Example 1:

Sega makes Colors 2 and S4 Episode 2 - retro fans are happy.

Sega makes SA3ish game - Adventure fans are happy.

[etc]

All categories of fans got their game. Everyone is happy.

Example 2:

Sega makes games for retro fans. The remaining fans do not count. All but retro ones are unhappy.

What kind of example is better?

You're using games that have yet or will not be released.

How does this help your arguement? :huh: