Awoo.

General Sonic 20th Anniversary topic

Detective Shadzter

Yeah, yeah. What's the new game gonna look like. [/edgy]

Also, 70 million. That's an achievement. At least 2 years ago it was around 50 mil, but what with the other games lately, I can see how that jumped him up 20 mil more..

i have translated the thing on the sonic 20th website from Japanese:

SEGA, the most advanced 16-bit video game was on June 23, 1991 "Mega Drive (brand name for North America: Genesis)" action game for Sonic the Hedgehog [on sale]. To coincide with release "Sonic" is suddenly popular in the fast movements and cool character of the Sonic series, sold more than 70 million total worldwide as the software for video game consoles, attractive products in the future We will offer.

The "Sonic" is not limited to video game consoles, mobile devices, toys and various licensed products, as well as anime and manga, such as working in a variety of sound stage, represents the world as a character from Sega Many people are loved by children and adults, are familiar.

This year, Sega has put a thank you for everyone that support will be conducted in such projects and events around the world many people enjoy.

Continue running from the time of the birth of the "Sonic" is a milestone anniversary of 20, and then accelerate further.

2011, working in various scenes, "Sonic" Please look forward to!

So basically nothing of note then XD A glorified "Watch This Space!". I guess it's too early to expect anything more than that.

Definitely a cool pose there. Some nice art that is.

But all I can think about is how does he keep his shoes so clean?

i have translated the thing on the sonic 20th website from Japanese:

SEGA, the most advanced 16-bit video game was on June 23, 1991 "Mega Drive (brand name for North America: Genesis)" action game for Sonic the Hedgehog [on sale]. To coincide with release "Sonic" is suddenly popular in the fast movements and cool character of the Sonic series, sold more than 70 million total worldwide as the software for video game consoles, attractive products in the future We will offer.

The "Sonic" is not limited to video game consoles, mobile devices, toys and various licensed products, as well as anime and manga, such as working in a variety of sound stage, represents the world as a character from Sega Many people are loved by children and adults, are familiar.

This year, Sega has put a thank you for everyone that support will be conducted in such projects and events around the world many people enjoy.

Continue running from the time of the birth of the "Sonic" is a milestone anniversary of 20, and then accelerate further.

2011, working in various scenes, "Sonic" Please look forward to!

=P

But all I can think about is how does he keep his shoes so clean?

Moving at Mach 1 through a puddle or the rain usually does the trick. Like a firehose straight to any mud stains.

Oh, and that is a sweet new render.

That render would look so much cooler in the Adventure style 2D art. Sweet pose though.

Edited by w00tkins

Who else remembers this?5bfcb53a.jpg

Well, now it is solved in large sizes!

Ah, cool, thanks. I thought it was just the CG version they revealed that was under that blurred image, not a sketch one. That new CG render is awesome.

Well, I can't see the CG render. Is that just me?

I can see it now. It doesn't look half bad. I like, although I've never exactly liked the way his spikes look from that angle. You can't even see the top spike! [/sillynitpick]

Edited by Azukara

This, Sega America -

http://blogs.sega.co...c-the-hedgehog/

Yeah for Blog.

Oh man. The comments section. :lol:

I'm in tears, but I'm not sure if it's because I laughed so much or because it's just sad.

Nice new render though. I have kinda gotten tired of these same old CG renders, but this one seems really nice for some reason.

Oh gosh, I can see all the polygonal ridges there. I wonder if they made this in Adobe Illustrator...

Oh gosh, I can see all the polygonal ridges there. I wonder if they made this in Adobe Illustrator...

Sega did the logo in Adobe Illustrator. Ok.

Funny how they celebrate Puyo Puyo's anniversary, but completely neglect that it's technically SEGA's 50th anniversary.

...Okay, make that 49th.

Edited by somesortofrobot

• 2 weeks later...
Sonic’s 20th Anniversary

Let’s start with the biggie shall we? If you read the press release from the other day you’ll know that this year Sonic the Hedgehog celebrates his twentieth anniversary, a pretty major landmark for SEGA and, frankly, video gaming as a whole. Last year was (quite rightly) Mario’s year, with him celebrating his 25th anniversary. This year belongs to the fastest thing alive.

Needless to say we’ve got various little items planned over the course of the year, chaps in the core Sonic fansites – you know who you are – should probably keep an eye on their inboxes for emails from me, we’re not going to exactly be shy of things to do relating to the birthday boy.

Twenty years – and he doesn’t look a day over 15.

Oh. Wait…

SoS and more here:

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/01/20/2011-the-world-of-sega/

• 2 weeks later...

New Anniversary poster

poster.jpg

In the middle of a project to promote Sonic the hedgehog's 20th anniversary.

Defiantly my favourite project so far!!

http://outlinegraphicdesign.blogspot.com/2011/02/sonic-20th-anniversary-campaign.html

Looks like SEGA Europe's hired a professional graphic designer in the UK to work on promotional material for Sonic's 20th Anniversary and the above poster is just one piece of it. Wouldn't mind that poster myself. Looking at Sam's other work, he seems to be pretty good, so it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Also, I've re-named the topic to General Sonic 20th Anniversary topic.

SUSPICIOUS BOLDED LETTERS SPELL... "Berlin"

Interesting.

Oh SEGA, you so crazy with your incessant teasing.

Edited by HunterTSF