Awoo.

General Sonic 20th Anniversary topic

Detective Shadzter

They actually showed '06? Oh lordeh
Well it is a major game in the series, one of the games represented in Generations, and the last anniversary game, in spite of it being...'06.

I'm more surprised to see Secret Rings in there, especially since SatBK isn't there with it.

I think Secret Rings got in there because of its noteworthiness as the first Sonic title on the Wii. Conversely, I think Shadow DIDN'T get in because...well, it's Sonic's 20th Anniversary.

Edited by VEDJ-F

SEGA's official tribute.

I love how they avoid actually showing game play for the Wherehog.

Great video, with a bit of an anti-clamatic ending.

Edited by dirupti

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me get a big, high quality version of the 20th Anniversary logo? I wanted to make a shirt for Gamescom :V

Can anyone help me get a big, high quality version of the 20th Anniversary logo? I wanted to make a shirt for Gamescom :V

Oh I completly forgot you live in Germany. Wrie this Message in Sonic Gen. TGS, GameFest and Gamescom topic. It wont be off-topic and Woun look there from time to time. Hope you find it. Oh and search Russia Sonic Scene. After all Woun is there they should have something.BTW: Be sure to make pics of Green Hill booth. I planned to go but Family things occured. :(

Here's the largest sized standard version of the 20th Anniversary logo in the SEGA Press Vault:

1z14vpk.jpg

If you need the 'For Use on Plain Background' or 'For Use on Pattern Background' zip files, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send them to you.

Ah, that'S fine! Thanks a ton, Shadzter!

Oh I completly forgot you live in Germany. Wrie this Message in Sonic Gen. TGS, GameFest and Gamescom topic. It wont be off-topic and Woun look there from time to time. Hope you find it. Oh and search Russia Sonic Scene. After all Woun is there they should have something.BTW: Be sure to make pics of Green Hill booth. I planned to go but Family things occured. sad.gif

Sorry to hear. I was planning on getting pics and if a specific friend can come a video or two of the game ^^

Edited by MarcelloF

• 2 months later...
New Sonic app sends players chasing rings in the real world

261c7f4ce502ed00548a8c4cc60f2207.jpg

by Leigh Harris

about 9 hours ago

SEGA has launched a unique and innovative marketing campaign today to commemorate the 20th anniversary of their blue, blurry mascot: Sonic.

The campaign is centred around an iPhone app created by agency JWT Sydney called Sonic Vision: Catch the Blue Blur, which allows players to point their phones at any of the outdoor posters (aka glyphs) being thrown up around Australia for a chance to 'capture' Sonic for a point. Players can then upload their high scores to a leaderboard, share their high scores via Facebook, and win prizes from SEGA.

Sonic_Vision_App_Examples.JPG

Neroli Baird, marketing manager for SEGA Australia, said: "JWT has recognised the rising prominence of mobile amongst gamers and created an experience that is a fitting celebration of a gaming icon like Sonic the Hedgehog."

Ashadi Hopper, national digital creative director at JWT, added: "Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the world's greatest game franchises and it's a privilege to have been able to create a new Sonic experience for Australian gamers."

The app has an in-built map highlighting all the nearest glyphs to help players hunt. Once players find them, they hold their iPhone up to the glyph and a ring will appear on screen. Sonic will dash quickly through it and players will have to use their reflexes to quickly grab him to earn the point for that location.

Other than the outdoor marketing campaign (pictured), players will also be able to capture Sonic using markers found in print, TV and online advertising.

Web sites can also voluntarily get involved in the campaign by downloading and hosting a glyph on their homepage, encouraging the campaign to have wider community support and driving readers to find Australia gaming sites they perhaps didn't know existed before.

Glyphs will be found at 15 major shopping centres throughout Australia as of today. Sonic Vision: Catch the Blue Blur is available now for free for iPhone, and the campaign is set to run until 15th December.

• Thumbs Up 1