Awoo.

General Sonic 20th Anniversary topic

Detective Shadzter

It’s already 2011 in Japan and so SEGA Japan has seen fit to kick-start Sonic the Hedgehog and the Puyo Puyo series’ 20th Anniversary year off with the tease that they have a variety of projects in the works to celebrate this milestone for the blue blur and its popular puzzler. What these “projects” are is anyone’s guess for the time being, but we’ll keep an eye out for new info and media in the year ahead. For now, you can check out a teaser website for Sonic’s 20th that is now live, though there’s not much to see at the moment.

My TSS article

Source: Andriasang

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

need more info NOWZ. even if its a Sonic the hedgehog remake... wait.

Sonic-2011-Art.jpg

The picture shows Modern sonic doing the old sonic pose so... REMAKE!!!

Edited by TheGLaDOSTYIE

Yup, nothing to comment on really now other than that excitement levels are going to soar. :D

The picture shows Modern sonic doing the old sonic pose so... REMAKE!!!

Not necessarily...

256px-Sonic1_box_usa.jpg1634791-sonic4_box_large.png

Edited by Blue Blood

Does anyone know Japanese and can tell us what the text says on the teaser website, please? Looks like it just talks about Sonic's history, but it would still be good to know what it says all the same.

Does anyone know Japanese and can tell us what the text says on the teaser website, please? Looks like it just talks about Sonic's history, but it would still be good to know what it says all the same.

1991?

I'm already cautious. Then again, the teasing alone is enough to have me skeptical.

1991?

I'm already cautious. Then again, the teasing alone is enough to have me skeptical.

Er, why? Sonic came out in 1991. What's there to be cautious about? :huh:

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's see...We get a site with Japanese only description at the moment (yet to be translated by someone) New render with an old pose...Who knows, that rumor about previous levels coming back could be true? Or not?

Has anyone tried the QR code thingy on the teaser site? I don't have a compatible device and just wondered if it gives or links to anything interesting.

I wouldn't get too hyped up/worried about remakes and such, at this point; the whole old-meets-new thing could just represent the anniversary in general, rather than any specific game or "project".

Edit:

Has anyone tried the QR code thingy on the teaser site? I don't have a compatible device and just wondered if it gives or links to anything interesting.
I tried some online thing and got this: http://puyosega.com/-/sonic20th/

It doesn't seem to go anywhere (yet?), though.

Edited by Diogenes

<meta name="keyword" content="SONIC COLORS,ソニック20周年,SONIC CHANNEL,ソニックチャンネル,SEGA,セガ,SONICTEAM,ソニックチーム,SONIC,ソニック" />

*SHRUG* Just looking at the 'page source', had that on it. Probably not important, likely keywords to search while potentially looking for the page, but hey, every little bit matters I s'pose.

Neat though! I like that new art! Where the heck is it on the teaser site? xD

Edited by Aptiva

I got this :

Sonic 20th Anniversary] [Welcome to the official website!

SONIC COLORS, the 20th anniversary of Sonic, SONIC CHANNEL, Channel Sonic, SEGA, SEGA, SONICTEAM, Sonic Team, SONIC, SONIC

The power of Google Translate and Page Info is overwhelming.

While Sonic's 20th anniversary project is interesting on it's own, I'm currently more interested to know what they have planned for Puyo Puyo's anniversary... (Puyo Puyo 8 plz)

Now that's what I'm talking about.

*snags sonic pic for avatar*

MWWWHAHAHAHAHA! Its mine. All Mine!

*rocks back in forth in a corner to Aquarium park theme*

Er, why? Sonic came out in 1991. What's there to be cautious about? :huh:

That they might hark completely back to the classics and overhaul every thing introduced since SA1. Of course, that's just a small paranoia. I've always felt something like that was very slim, so it might just be marking something historical.

Still, there isn't much to get hyped about, and I'm more cautious than anything despite the great success from Colors and the mild success from Unleashed. Having very little information just isn't...comfortable to me.

My prediction is that they are gonna do compalition of old levels in Colours/Unleashed style like the romur says, with a gigantic history booklet/DVD to boot, seeing how the teaser site indicates a whole bunch of games released in the past. So it's basicilly the Sonic 4 equavilent of nostalgia but in a much grander scale and as a 3d Sonic game. I woudn't be suprised, SEGA is being really on the nostalgia thing lately, with Sonic 4, PS02 and something Shenmue.

While Sonic 4 Episode 2 is the equavilent of Colors, in that it's completly orginal, basicilly more of a new game.

However I also predict that SEGA they will do something unexpected like always.