Awoo.

Sonic Colors Spoilers & Video Topic *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Agent York

[Video of epic win]

So, Sonic Colors has a secret finishing move.

.... :lol:

I literally lol'd XD :lol:

Do you guys think maybe Eggman meant something at the end of the game. Never in a Sonic game before has Eggman suggested he has another scheme ready, and at that, never has said he wants to create a "revenge scheme" against Sonic. Sonic 4 had this concept, but never has he gone out of his way to create a scheme focused around beating Sonic.

In Sonic Adventure he was trying to get the Chaos Emeralds using Chaos to create Robotnikland.

In Sonic Adventure 2 he was trying to conquer the Earth under the threat of his grandfather's creations.

In Sonic Heroes he was locked away with Metal Sonic in charge.

In Shadow the Hedgehog he was maintaining his territories really in mass chaos.

In Sonic Next-Gen he was kidnapping Elise and her Chaos Emerald.

In Sonic Unleashed he was creating Eggmanland and trying to control the power of Dark Gaia.

In Sonic Colors he is trying to make a Brain Washing weapon in his large amusement park.

In all of these games, Eggman always follows a similar pattern. I could even lay it out (with the exception of Shadow the Hedgehog as Eggman wasn't really a main villain and the story was a bit different in a not particularly good way):

A.) Taunt Sonic when you first encounter him, saying you have the upper hand or whatever and send out first boss machine (usually). Mind you this happens when they first MEET, like in Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic and Eggman don't meet until after Pyramid Cave really (face to face at least) but he does his taunting stage then.

B.) Spend game trying to gain power as Sonic ruins schemes.

C.) Sonic seems to rip the scheme apart and Eggman gets desperate, he then will either first introduce 'his greatest creation' and then looses, he might after that summon a great power that WTF pwns him or the power pwns him anyways, or he'll throw an angry fit.

Point is Eggman has never had crushing Sonic as his main goal, it's always a secondary goal to something else and he doesn't get serious in crushing Sonic until the end of the game when he's loosing. Sonic Team spoke of wanting to have a better continuation in the main games and so far they have delivered with Sonic Colors for all intents and purposes taking place after Unleashed. At the end of Colors of course e suggests he has a new scheme which they may follow up on. Interesting though is that he says "Revenge Scheme", which as I said he's never really tried in the game series besides Sonic 4 at this point but that's not story heavy, and that his main focus is to "Crush Sonic". This could be some sort of hint at the next mainstream title, Eggman has never ended a game either by announcing he has his next scheme already planned, also.

If Sonic Anniversary is true I could see a game involving Unleashed-type gameplay and taking place in classic Sonic locations having some light-hearted story in the same way of Colors involving Eggman trying to best Sonic once and for all.

Eggman's first and only goal is to take over the world, Sonic is just a nuisance that always gets in his way, which is why he doesn't bother fighting him instead sending his bots after him, he has to tend to make sure his plan goes through, its only at the last story of each game when he decides to confront Sonic, Eggman either A. Thinks he's won, and decides to finish Sonic off himself, with his best machine. or B. His plans have been ruined, and he figures he can at least kill Sonic to ensure the next plan can go, basically a last ditch effort. Who knows it may lead to something, I sure hope it does in terms of continuity, but as for now its up in the air.

Edited by Shadic93

So someone on the Japanese translation staff and casting departments must be a Kamen Rider fan, no?

Edited by Pikawil
  • Thumbs Up 1

I fucking love Kamen Rider W. CYCLONE... JOOOOKAAAAAAAAAA!!

In fact, that series finished recently! I should torrent it and catch up with it.

I also love me some Philip-kun. <3 RAWR.

• Thumbs Up 1

That's pretty awesome. I'm kind of watching Kamen Rider W, like, right now. Like, this very second.

...I'd actually read that the announcers were the same guy a while ago, but it's a whole other thing to see them next to each other. I wonder whose idea that was...

...I'd actually read that the announcers were the same guy a while ago, but it's a whole other thing to see them next to each other. I wonder whose idea that was...

Wait, are... are you serious? I noticed that they sounded similar, but then...

Hey guys gonna be playing Colors in Japanese only, gotta get my fix of Kamen Rider Hedgehog. I swear to god my boner for this revelation is too much to take. Oh Fumihiko Tachiki, I heart you!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm already flipping the fuck out. You know how all you fuckers got so excited about Super Sonic being in this game? Well take that excitement and double it (SEE WHAT I DID THERE), and that's how excited I am that the Kamen Rider W announcer is in Japanese Colors. Sometime later I'm going to show this to my friend on MSN, who is a fellow Kamen Rider W nut; she'll bust a gut laughing about this. I'm never going to be playing this game in English now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I might start watching Kamen Rider again, I didn't really get into it, because I thought it was a blantant Power Ranger rip off, but now that I know Colors was influenced by it, its now relevant to my interest.

Haa haa ha. Someone on GameFAQS translated what Tails translator says in the one scene you can see it in the ending. First of all, it's not Binary it's actually hexadecimal, but while it actually says what Tails is saying on top, if you translate what it says at the bottom, "If you can read this then you'fre a geek!"

The typo in you're is in the game translated.

Hehe, great easter egg!

First of all, it's not Binary it's actually hexadecimal, but while it actually says what Tails is saying on top, if you translate what it says at the bottom, "If you can read this then you'fre a geek!"

Well, hexadecimal is basically just a shorthand for binary, so that's ok (ignoring that it's silly to output either binary or hex instead of readable text).

That's very clever, though evidently it's ASCII

Well, ASCII only really defines the codes 00-7F, yet the message includes a 81. ;)

But that's in the typo, so you're right of course, it's ASCII.

I just made this, for anyone who'd like to see it:

scendingeastereggmzbw.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Hehe, great easter egg!

Well, hexadecimal is basically just a shorthand for binary, so that's ok (ignoring that it's silly to output either binary or hex instead of readable text).

Well, ASCII only really defines the codes 00-7F, yet the message includes a 81. ;)

But that's in the typo, so you're right of course, it's ASCII.

I just made this, for anyone who'd like to see it:

scendingeastereggmzbw.jpg

Love how it has a "help" tab lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Love how it has a "help" tab lol

Windows: The preferred choice of interplanetary translators and yellow foxes.

ssez01.jpg

Nearly twenty years and an upgrade to prepubescent super-genius still weren't enough to fix Tails' spelling, apparently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy, I've gotta hand it to the Seg-sters, this game is EPIC! *pause*

Everyone and their brother is gonna wanna play this thing.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Boy, I've gotta hand it to the Seg-sters, this game is EPIC! *pause*

Everyone and their brother is gonna wanna play this thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

So anyways, kinda came to a realization. While certain Wisps are version exclusive, it's just because they simply don't appear in levels. The ending cutscene in the Wii version had Burst and Void Wisps along with all the others, meaning they're not gone, Sonic just never meets them. Same for the DS version, he never meets Spikes, Hover, Cube and Frenzy.

So, thinking about it, would that mean they're two different stories all together? Just different branches from the same start? It would explain a lot of the story differences between the two, such as Mother Wisp.

Seriously SEGA was that really an idea you used. Why. Why would you do that.

It would explain a lot of the story differences between the two, such as Mother Wisp.

Seriously SEGA was that really an idea you used. Why. Why would you do that.

sigscott.png

This image has never been more appropriate XD

Okay could anyone help me tick off my list!

Sweet Mountain Act 3: Third Ring

Aquatic Park Act 3: Third Ring

HALP :S!

Edited by Jimmy Kudo

Okay could anyone help me tick off my list!

Sweet Mountain Act 3: Third Ring

Aquatic Park Act 3: Third Ring

HALP :S!

I got you covered on one of those:

Okay so could I get a hand on

Aquatic Park Act 3: 3rd Red Ring

Asteroid Coaster Act 1: 5th Red Ring (I know where this is, but when I homing to the pulley Sonic doesn't grab the ring despite coming almost in contact with it)

That's all I need for 180. Please help =).

Edited by Jimmy Kudo