Awoo.

Sonic Colors Spoilers & Video Topic *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Agent York

THIS TOPIC HAS SPOILERS

Play & Beat the Game first if you don't want to get spoiled!!

This topic is for spoiler discussion (no need for spoiler tags as the topic title says it) and videos of the game that delve into spoilers.

So been playing the game for a while and decided to record a few things. Immediately I have all the cutscenes, final boss, and final stage (Terminal Velocity Act 2) and have them uploading and processing right now. First up though I got the short but sweet final stage. I think they want you to side-step, but I just jumped. The final stage isn't ranked, so it's all good.

If the videos get removed (though hoping not) I will re-up them somewhere else. Final boss coming up next.

• Thumbs Up 1

I spoiled it for myself, leaving me nothing to be surprised about :( ......On the upside however now I have something to look forward when I do get the game :)

But anyway BEST FINAL BOSS EVER

I mean:

*No random Monster of the Week

*A non Super boss fight

*And its Eggman for the first and so far only being the final boss in a 3D game.

Its all kinds of awesome.

Video of the final boss~ He actually has a lot of attacks he doesn't use often, which If ind strange but makes each fight a bit more unique.

EDIT: Fix'd Link

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if people are aware of this already, but I notice something really cool. It doesn't matter which world you finish first- Sweet Mountain or Starlight Carnival, you'll receive the same cut-scenes. For example, you wont see Cut-scene A before Cut-scene B, as A plays at the end of whichever world you finish first and B the second. I thought it was pretty cool.

Having finished Sweet Mountain first, the Tails 'brainwashed' cut-scene happened in Starlight Carnival for me, whereas on YouTube it plays in Sweet Mountain. XD

Thanks for the vids, loving the movie scenes in this game so far. :D

Having finished Sweet Mountain first, the Tails 'brainwashed' cut-scene happened in Starlight Carnival for me, whereas on YouTube it plays in Sweet Mountain. XD

I really liked the idea of a Brainwashed Tails. It would've been interesting to see how the game would've turned out if he was brainwashed for a bigger chunk of it.

Also, I loved how Tails egg-blocked Sonic in that scene, it reminded me that Tails is almost as fast as Sonic, I honestly forgot.

Edited by Inferno

I really liked the idea of a Brainwashed Tails. It would've been interesting to see how the game would've turned out if he was brainwashed for a bigger chunk of it.

Also, I loved how Tails egg-blocked Sonic in that scene, it reminded me that Tails is almost as fast as Sonic, I honestly forgot.

It reminded me a bit of the final boss in Rivals 2, was it? Where your partner always ends up brainwashed- except this was far cooler than that tripe. XD

It surprised me a bit really, shows Tails is pretty reckless too. I still love how he's portrayed in this game though; disregarding whatever Sonic says when he's trying to big himself up and such. But yeah, that scene was a good reminder as to how different he can be sometimes.

wujghd.jpg

vvv You can never be too cautious. It's not difficult to spoiler tag things anyway. XD

Edited by bolt7

Guys we're in the SPOILERS topic, you can uncover them.

Anyone else think its kinda Badass how Sonic doesn't need to go Super to kick Eggman's ass.

*raises hand* :lol: This boss battle is a whole lot more creative than a Super Sonic fight. This actually tests what you learn from the game....like any good final boss should.

That said, the ending of that battle is hilarious and epic at the same time. XD

*raises hand* :lol: This boss battle is a whole lot more creative than a Super Sonic fight. This actually tests what you learn from the game....like any good final boss should.

Edited by Inferno

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, like I said in the Stream topic, awesome final boss. Very refreshing change of pace, since it's not uberly epic. It's just Eggman, in a demonic Wisp robot. Which is fitting. Not to mention it's awesome how, this time, you're just Sonic. No powers, not even Wisp powers (until the end), while all the moves that gave you strength are turned against you. It's truly epic, AND, if Super Sonic is indeed in the game, he can STILL be playable, due to the rings you get! It's the best of both worlds.

My ONLY gripe is how there's no "second part" to it. The epic orchestral "Reach for the Stars" track just comes in when you hit him enough. I wanted the robot to go into some crazy transformation, or something, to really make it memorable. Still, it looks like the best final boss since Metal Overlord, in my opinion. Just wish they did more with it.

Did...did Sonic just pull a Mario?

You know.

Good boss battle with titular villain action without being overpowered like a deranged crazed demigod?

Did...did Sonic just pull a Mario?

You know.

Good boss battle with titular villain action without being overpowered like a deranged crazed demigod?

I only wish that Eggman had used more Wisp powers than just Frenzy, Laser, Cube and Spikes. I mean, Hover might be difficult to turn into a weapon, but you'd think that Rocket and Drill would be pretty easy to make weapons out of. Also, It's kind of a pity that no White Wisps got in on the UNLIMITED COLOURS! action. You'd think Yacker would have, at least.

Meh, hardly a big deal. This is still one of the greatest final bosses that the series has had in a long time. It might've felt a little underwhelming after the cinematic splendor of Perfect Dark Gaia, but it has the considerable advantage of actually being properly playable, and the down-to-earth quality was a nice change of pace.

*Points at Final Bowser of Super Mario Galaxy 2*

If that isn't overpowered, then I don't know what :P

Edited by Kintobor

Yeah, that's something of interest... Did anyone else thing of Eggman Nega when seeing the boss name "Egg Nega Wisp"?

In any case, that was pretty epic. Awesome.

Absolutely epic. My only complaint is that you don't really get to use the various Wisp powers in the battle. It would have been cool to see them incorporated somehow. But other than that: EPIC.