Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Thanks for the comments, but I don't believe it is biased at all. Even when writing reviews for TSS, I've never been one to use total bias when passing judgement on games. Had Sonic Colours been crap, you really would have known about it.

No doubt, it's just that in your position (or the position of others who are so involved with the fanbase) a review will have a degree of unavoidable bias. But it's not like you said "best game ever fuck you people who say it isnt cuz ur mum", it's a genuinely good review.

No doubt, it's just that in your position (or the position of others who are so involved with the fanbase) a review will have a degree of unavoidable bias. But it's not like you said "best game ever fuck you people who say it isnt cuz ur mum", it's a genuinely good review.

Edited by the blu blur

Nice review Dread and DANG those S Ranks are tricky to get! I've got all of them in Tropical Resort and Sweet Mountain, got all A ranks and S ranks in Starlight Carnival, Planet Wisp and Aquarium Park and well Asteroid Coaster....I'm kinda failing So far I have a total of 29/44 S Ranks.

I had a look at Gametrailer's Sonic Colors page now that the game is out in the US. User score: 8.9.

Says it all, really.

I had a look at Gametrailer's Sonic Colors page now that the game is out in the US. User score: 8.9.

Says it all, really.

And a 9.3 user average on Metacritic too...

I'm starting to get depressed with all of these mixed reviews coming in...

Depression over a video game? that doesn't sound reasonable at all.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Thumbs Up 4

No need to, overall the games average is a 78 on metacrtic and a 78.8 on game-rankings. Also, the game has gotten more positive reviews than Metacrtic accounts for. It's possible to wind up having an 8 average although it can also go down.

So is there like a final "cut-off" time for reviews to be added to Metacritic, or do the reviews just keep coming and being added indefinitely?

Edited by Inferno

Not all Reviews web sites are biased, what are you talking about?

also I don't see how Dread's colors review is biased.

I am sure biased review or not that is Created, depends on the person who reviewed the game.

Any review from any fan of the product that's being reviewed will have bias, and Dread's looks like it has more positive bias than any else's. It's just the way it works if you have previous experience with something. Of course the review was was a very good one and actually spoke of loads of aspects of the game. It was just a comment considering that Dread was the author. Not a dig at him, not praise either. Just a comment.

and you don't know much People in SPONG, how can you know that if Dread wasn't the reviewer that the Review would be biased?

lolwut I didn't say anything of the sort.

Depression over a video game? that doesn't sound reasonable at all.

Maybe disheartened would be a better word? That's the way I felt when the lower scores started cropping up.

So is there like a final "cut-off" time for reviews to be added to Metacritic, or do the reviews just keep coming and being added indefinitely?

The latter.

Edited by Blue Blood

SEGA has every right to be proud of Sonic Colours. The decent, yet simple gameplay makes it one of the best Sonic games in years. 7.5/10

----XGN

SEGA has every right to be proud of Sonic Colours. The decent, yet simple gameplay makes it one of the best Sonic games in years. 7.5/10

----XGN

I'M LUVIN' THIS GAME! When i try to compare it with other recent games, the Mario Galaxy games are the ones that comes to mind. But not because of the space gimmick, but because so much imagination and originality obviously went into Colors, just as with the Galaxy games.

I hereby proclaim that Sonic Colors is objectively a very good game, no matter what any other reviews may say.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that all in all, this will be the best-reviewed 3D Sonic game since Adventure 2. Glad to see people taking the 'hog seriously again. Hopefully the momentum keeps up.

So I come back from classes and I see that Metacritic added 2 positive reviews: One is from XGN, but I don't recognize which one is the other new review :P

Games Master UK was added which gave it an 86:"The best 3D Sonic of its generation and another step in the right direction. More please."

This is the most sane thing you've ever said, SD :P

Nice mindless bashing, DistantJ.

Edited by speedduelist