Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

They were always claimed to be optional. I dunno about the Wii one myself, but the DS one forces you to use them on every act not in TR.

Go to their website and click help(right corner). It will have a section you can click on telling you which websites/magazines it uses to calculate it's score.

Thanks buddy :)

PixlBit gives the Wii version a 2.5/5:

http://www.pixlbit.com/reviews?action=showReview&reviewId=234

I assume that it's not a good score. Luckily, it doesn't affect the Metascore

Uhm...I think I'm sounding too obsessed with this Metacritic thing, don't I? XD

Holy bovine, that's a lot of positive reviews queing up. And since today is the US release day, it bodes well.

I assume that it's not a good score. Luckily, it doesn't affect the Metascore

Uhm...I think I'm sounding too obsessed with this Metacritic thing, don't I? XD

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

Hopefully after this Sonic Team and Sega can keep the momentum going, as much as I hate using one of Obama's cheesy metaphors, here goes: They've managed to pull the car out of ditch, now they need to get the dirt off of it and send it in to get polished up.

I'll spare you the history lesson. We all know that Sonic hasn't been treated very well since his glory days on Genesis.

I love 1UP now.

How queer (correct usage) that Gametrailers hosts Screwattack, yet their reviews of the same game are so radically different it's like the game kicked one in the crotch and gave the other a back rub.

I love 1UP now.

sure is interesting how that turned out. 1up has rarely touched Colors on Wii prior to release, so I was a little concerned as to how they would go about it. I'm quite surprised. ^_^

Hm. Does 1UP get added to the metascore?

Yes indeed it does. Metacritic take B+ as 83% whilst Gamerankings take it as 85%

I've always liked 1UP with any review, and they've been pretty fair to Sonic in recent years. The Rushes did well by them, and they enjoyed Secret Rings like I did. Black Knight and Unleashed scored in the C ranges, but for understandable reasons. They didn't like the Werehog. 1UP is awesome, this is what I expected from them.

Games Radar gives the DS version a 7/10:

http://www.gamesradar.com/ds/sonic-colors/review/sonic-colors-review/a-20101116135554747039/g-201006158543833000

SPOnG's review of the Wii version is up. The Dreadknux man, he likes it. 93%:

http://spong.com/feature/10110260/Review-Sonic-Colours

Even if hugely positive, I don't think it's a stretch to say it's (one of) the most biased reviews.

EDIT: It's also very well written. (also fixed weird sentence)

Thanks for the comments, but I don't believe it is biased at all. Even when writing reviews for TSS, I've never been one to use total bias when passing judgement on games. Had Sonic Colours been crap, you really would have known about it.