Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Impressions, Thoughts, & Help Topic

Agent York

From what have been said in the other thread, I'm under the impression that the changes only affect the instruments and such. Did any song have a change of melody?

So is the Wii version just lower-quality sound, or actually different tunes?

I'll be getting the 360 version on Wednesday, either way.

Same tunes, now in MIDI.

Same tunes, now in MIDI.

So yeah, I suppose depending on how die-hard retro you are, that could actually be considered a good thing, I suppose. D:

So yeah, I suppose depending on how die-hard retro you are, that could actually be considered a good thing, I suppose. D:

Some of the tracks sounds better simply for the sake of better instruments (less dying cats). Namely the first boss music. But Mad Gear sounds horrid.

Yeah, the music was only changed in the Wii version. There are videos of the updated 360/PS3 version with the music unchanged.

Oh? I think a friend spoiled me sorta' one of the changes they mentioned they made yesterday... I'll mark this in spoilers as it's a change in the final zone.

They apparently added Sonic & Knuckles style cutscenes to E.G.G. Station, making the final battles more cinematic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone able to confirm what Dusk just posted? Because if it's true, that's awesome.

Watched a live stream and it is true.

Final Boss music still is boring.

The the Final Boss itself is a bastard

Edited by Scar

I hate Lost Labyrinth Act 3, I hate it so much, I swear its going to be the new Barrel of Doom, that's how much I hated it.

So far so good though, I only gotta beat LL boss, then off to Mad Gear, then E.G.G. Station. And yes the music does sound different, not bad, just different.

ALSO, if you're playing the Wii version, DO NOT use Tilt control, you will screw yourself over so bad.

Edited by Shadic93

Eh? I thought motion control was taking out. Didn't a review say something about it... Or were we just assuming, because it wasn't mentioned?

Edited by MarcelloF

So I just beat the final boss (with only 2 emeralds, tho'), and my thoughts, in short:

It's definitely a Sonic game. Maybe more of a $10 game than the $15 they're selling it for, but it's still fun.

Final boss is a bitch, tho'.

Eh? I thought motion control was taking out. Didn't a review say something about it... Or were we just assuming, because it wasn't mentioned?

From what I've seen of people playing, motion control can be turned off in the options menu. So you have the option of d-pad or motion controls.

So I'm assuming the reason the Wii version has different sounding music (hasn't actually dled it), is due to compressing the sound files into MIDI or some synthesized format in order to save space in the download. That sounds pretty interesting; bet some songs would sound better while others could end up sounding like total ass.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Guys... I think they added something to the cliffhanger ending...

Lots of people are shouting at me Tails in episode 2 is confirmed... Can anyone tell me why they would be saying this?

CSZ Act 2 is playing on the stream and sounds different to the recent PS3 video of the same act.

I haven't seen the true final ending, but

Sonic uses a rocket with Tails' logo on it to get to Egg Station.

So maybe they're talking about that...but that's hardly a confirmation of anything...

Edit:

A quick question to everyone that has the Wii Version already, does the Classic Controller work with this game?

Wiimote only, I think. Edited by Diogenes

Guys... I think they added something to the cliffhanger ending...

Lots of people are shouting at me Tails in episode 2 is confirmed... Can anyone tell me why they would be saying this?

BTW, that red rocket had the Tails logo from the Tornado on it. ;D

http://forums.sega.com/showpost.php?p=6272702&postcount=8

*ninja'd*

I was going to get this for the xbox but i counldn't wait anymore.

I just beat it with two emeralds. This game is not worth $15 but I would be glad to have paid $10 for it.

The is a fun Sonic game and showed me how much i suck at 2D Sonic games.

I also notice that some of the music sounded different.

I'll get the xbox version later when it on sale.

Now to try to get all the emeralds...I hate Special Stages...

Edited by Gamer18

Man that final stage must be a real b***h.

Edited by Balding Spider

Alright, just beat it. (Without the Emeralds) It's actually a lot better then I initially thought. I was expecting a fun little game, but this...well, it really is Sonic 4. There's room for improvement, but that's what Episode 2 is for ;)

Man that final stage must be a real b***h.

Oh god, yes. Yes it is. I went in with well over 20 lives, but I only had 6 by the time I finally got the pattern down. Not to spoil anything, but it is indeed a recycled boss that I used to consider pretty easy. I'll never look at it the same way again.

From what I've seen of people playing, motion control can be turned off in the options menu. So you have the option of d-pad or motion controls.

I can confirm this. For some reason the default scheme control scheme for the special stages is with the d-pad, but you can turn on motion controls in the options menu.

A quick question to everyone that has the Wii Version already, does the Classic Controller work with this game?

Nope, Wii Remote only.

How many blocks is the Wii version?

It was about 350 or so, I believe. Certainly no more then that.

Edited by Speederino