Awoo.

Who here is nabbing the iPhone version?

azoo

No problem. [: (If you remember the user named "Hazel" from earlier this decade... You can mentally thank her for telling me that so I could tell you. XD)

Credited you both in my article :)

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/2010/10/sonic-4-2-iphone-gameplay-videos-out-now-in-u-s/

I can't wait to try this on my brother's iPhone tomorrow :D

From what I've seen, the iPhone version seems to be the completely unaltered leaked version. Wow. Guess they have their priorities.

From what I've seen, the iPhone version seems to be the completely unaltered leaked version. Wow. Guess they have their priorities.

Yeah, but doesn't it seem kinda stupid to release the worst version of the game first? It's also kinda bullshit since the Iphone version wasn't officially announced until months after the console (no one say whoa, we've killed the joke) version. Also as someone said before, it's a pretty damn unepic way to release a game that should be a pretty big deal. You think Sega got payed off or something?

Edited by speedfreak

125s.png

Cool files! 

Neither of which have not changed, only in files. AMB changed the code.

Now I can not see the texture! >_<

Wow can you PM me and tell me how you can get into the files like that? 0_0

AHHHH I flippin hate these Special Stages >_<

Okay loaded, ladies. Later.

P.S. Who should write to the PM

Edited by Woun

Who's smart Idea was it at SEGA to put bumpers in the WORST possible places in Special Stages >_>...

Have you gotten stuck? Bad design.

I'm stuck on the very last special stage... I bet someone at SEGA is laughing their asses off right now. Well their about to have one LESS... Sorry... I hafta calm down :(

That's terrible design, but someone said earlier that you can just pause the game and restart the Special Stage.

The last special stages have been fucking nightmarish in the past 5 2D Sonic titles, I'm not particularly surprised that they're pulling that shit again. Still annoying, though. What is the definite issue, though? Is the stage just goddamn annoying or did DJDaz get stuck on something in the stage with no way to get unstuck?

Edited by Hero Of Fate

The final special stage in S3 and the in SK were nightmares for me as a child, so it's cool that the new ones are too. Bad design is bad design, you know, being trapped between bumpers with no way to move yourself regardless of how much you rotate but the challenge otherwise is sounding rather awesome.

Yeah, sucks that you get stuck - that might be fixed on the console versions though.

I haven't been playing the special stages, I never do in Sonic, I prefer to just play the levels. However I will be playing them through when I get the PS3 version next week, to see the 'secret surprise' they've teased about.

So it's the latter. Jesus Christ, that is pretty terrible.

The first time I saw it was on a Youtube video some months ago. It was the old/iPhone version version of course but it wasn't the last special stage. It was the Dark Blue (second) one. Now Ruby specifically mentioned difficulty tweaking to make things fairer so I wonder if the special stage design was altered a little.

EDIT: So wait, did that trip to Tokyo already happen? Only I've seen no mention of it and the winner of the competition was supposed to be able to play the game before release.

Edited by Blue Blood

The first time I saw it was on a Youtube video some months ago. It was the old/iPhone version version of course but it wasn't the last special stage. It was the Dark Blue (second) one. Now Ruby specifically mentioned difficulty tweaking to make things fairer so I wonder if the special stage design was altered a little.

EDIT: So wait, did that trip to Tokyo already happen? Only I've seen no mention of it and the winner of the competition was supposed to be able to play the game before release.

I haven't heard anything about that. The UK and U.S. winner and a friend each were supposed to go to Tokyo and play it before release. I'd almost forgot about it :lol: Oddly, the 100 was it? (or was it 200 with UK and U.S.? ) random prize winners for the contest still haven't been announced either. The guys at the SEGA Forum have been raging about that since the top 3 winners were announced and haven't been given an answer.

Are they not allowed to talk about it maybe?

You'd have expected some mention of it on the blog or whatever.

The awesome idle animation, courtesy of YellowThunder1712 at YouTube. Looks like it zooms in so you can enjoy it better. He does a little twirl too :lol: Don't remember seeing that bit in the older videos of it.

You guys know, If you finish a level in time attack, you can watch Sonic do his idle animation FOREVER.

Too bad when Sonic picks up some speed, he doesn't do his spinning leg animation. And yes, this build is identical to the partnerNET leak. Those bumpers in Special Stage 2 are bullcrap.

Fixed that for ya :lol:

No. I'm at 4 now. I keep missing the dang ring! Plus, My brother's iPod kept running outta juice.

You know, after playing Sonic 4 I ran across an ability that does me some good and sort of makes me wonder why the game doesn't do this anyways. In Sonic 4 if you use the Homing Attack just the right horizontal distance away from a badnik but right below them, you can just jumpdash through them. I use this trick to make Sonic bounce across the enemies classic-style. And that alone raises a question... why couldn't they just make the Homing Attack work like that? The most jarring part of this game is how the homing attack rebounds you diagonally backwards-upwards and makes you lose all speed. I never liked that in SA1, SA2 or any of the previous titles and I don't like it in this game. Why couldn't they make it complement classic jumping and have Sonic rebound directly diagonally upwards-forward? Because using that trick I mentioned makes the gameplay flow much more comfortably than using the HA directly.

Also why is it that Sonic's movement is reversed? What I mean is this: in the classics Sonic had a running speed cap, not really being altered in speed because of the slope steepness; and when rolling down steep slopes Sonic dramatically increased speed, and in that form didn't have a speed cap. In Sonic 4, rolling seems to be speed capped and isn't affected by slopes too much; and running has no speed cap which is highly affected by the steepness of the terrain. I don't know why Sega got this reversed but it feels pretty awkward. I could live with the (still questionable) air movement, but this issue is INCREDIBLY bothersome, especially if you're so used to pressing down when moving down a slope and all the sudden you are stuck on the wall. >_>

Edited by Azukara