Awoo.

Who here is nabbing the iPhone version?

azoo

So tommorrow is October 7, the release of Sonic the Hedgehog 4 for the iDevices. I am incredibly impatient at the moment for this, and I wanna know who else is on edge waiting for tommorrow to come. Who's also on the same boat as I, and are ready for this?

Also, I know this will probably be the worst version (because of the minecart rotation stage, the score attack stage and the disorienting loops), but if this game ends up that good even with those problems then I'm REALLY awaiting the console release.

Edited by Azukara

Me most definitely. Gonna DL it and play it on my ride into work at 7am. Ah the benefits of portable gaming!

From the previews I've read, mine cart and score attack pinball are actually quite fun as they were made with tilt features in mind.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

I was gonna, but i've kinda lost interest in it...i mean, i loose two interesting levels while i will get two crappy ones. And the controlls seem to be horrible.

While I won't be getting it since I don't own a iPhone but BUT I've got my dad to get it just for me to play whenever I am over at his house because dad owns a iPhone (duh) I just can't wait for the consoles (woaaahh!!) version of the game yet too impatient =).

Edited by Shaddix

I'm getting the iPod Touch version for sure tomorrow. Not sure what time the App Store gets updated, but I do hope it's updated as soon as the clock hits 0.00am. Soon the waiting will finally end.

I don't own any consoles (other than a MEGA DRIVE 2, what else do I need right?) anymore, so the iPhone version it is for me! I'm hoping it's midnight release too.

I won't. I don't have an iPhone or any "i" thing. Not even an iPod. And even if I would, I don't have enough money at the moment to get this game twice.

Even if I had an iDevice I'd lay off the game for the now. Why ruin the game with a version that less appealing visually, has a couple of poor levels and suffers from the awkwardness of controls that any such systems have? Definitely wait that little bit longer for the superior version.

I still stand by that the two exclusive levels could in fact be good due to them being tailor made for motion controls.

A midnight release is possible considering I remember DLing apps very early on their release date. I recall DLing Shining Force at 6am.

The iPhone version seems significantly inferior. So, despite my incredible lack of patience, I will for the PSN version.

I'm going to be nabbing it for sure!

I'd only recently got myself an iPod Touch as a free gift for buying a Mac over the Summer for Uni... So Portable Sonic 4 is all go for me! Hope it's on the App store before I head out tomorrow for a meeting. I need to road test! :P

Edited by CobraRoll

Even if I had an iDevice I'd lay off the game for the now. Why ruin the game with a version that less appealing visually, has a couple of poor levels and suffers from the awkwardness of controls that any such systems have? Definitely wait that little bit longer for the superior version.
Likewise. And it's only about a week away (more or less, depending on which console and what part of the world you're in), anyway.

I might pick up the iphone version, it just depends on how much it will end up costing me. If it is $15 like the console versions, then I'll just stick with the PS3 version next week. I might get it when the game goes on sale a few months from now, but I think I'll hold off.

I still stand by that the two exclusive levels could in fact be good due to them being tailor made for motion controls.

While LLZ2 is up for debate, I really doubt the same can be said of CSZ2. The stage is boring and repetitive by design, rather than awkward and frustrating because of the controls like LLZ2.

I'll get this version, however I plan to play it properly from start to finish in the console release. Since I don't use my iPod all the time, I'll stick to playing Splash Hill Zone and aim to beat the acts as fast as possible. I'm saving the true experance for next week.

I'll be getting it ASAP. Almost tempted to hang on until midnight tonight on the off-chance it goes up right away. :)

If I had an iPhone or iPad, I most definitly would. I could have it by tomorrow and it would be portable, and to me that alone could have made it the definitive version for me. But I suppose I'll just have to wait until Monday to get my fix. Also, I'm sorry but I have to ask, what is the big deal about the minecart stage? It seems the only complaint people had about it is that it looked like the controls were bad, but how can you judge that when the person playing the game had apparently never touched a controller before in his life. I mean come on, he got killed by the very first enemy in the entire game, he played through 90% of Splash Hill Zone mashing on the jump button, his reaction time was absolutely horrible! It would be a shock if he DIDN'T do terrible on the minecart stage . And it's certainly not like Sonic games have never had minecarts before. <_<

I understand the gripes about the score attack stage, though. No, Sonic Team. Just...no. It would be fine as a side mini game or special stage, but not as an actual level.

From IGN's preview of the iPod Touch version, they said the minecart stage played well. Maybe the minecart stage has been tweeked a little since the leaks to make it play better.

If I had an iPhone or iPad, I most definitly would. I could have it by tomorrow and it would be portable, and to me that alone could have made it the definitive version for me. But I suppose I'll just have to wait until Monday to get my fix. Also, I'm sorry but I have to ask, what is the big deal about the minecart stage? It seems the only complaint people had about it is that it looked like the controls were bad, but how can you judge that when the person playing the game had apparently never touched a controller before in his life. I mean come on, he got killed by the very first enemy in the entire game, he played through 90% of Splash Hill Zone mashing on the jump button, his reaction time was absolutely horrible! It would be a shock if he DIDN'T do terrible on the minecart stage . And it's certainly not like Sonic games have never had minecarts before. <_<

I understand the gripes about the score attack stage, though. No, Sonic Team. Just...no. It would be fine as a side mini game or special stage, but not as an actual level.

You're talking as though the original leaks are the ONLY footage of the level we've seen and that we've not heard the opinions of others with leaked build.

Edited by Blue Blood

Speederino, the minecart stage was a festival of horrible controls and getting stuck in walls all day every day. Saz hosted live streams of several playthroughs of the game, and each time was just as sorry to watch as the last. It really was an abysmal experience.

Also, I'm sorry but I have to ask, what is the big deal about the minecart stage? It seems the only complaint people had about it is that it looked like the controls were bad, but how can you judge that when the person playing the game had apparently never touched a controller before in his life. I mean come on, he got killed by the very first enemy in the entire game, he played through 90% of Splash Hill Zone mashing on the jump button, his reaction time was absolutely horrible! It would be a shock if he DIDN'T do terrible on the minecart stage . And it's certainly not like Sonic games have never had minecarts before. <_<

The problem wasn't the minecart it was the stupid method of controlling it. The level tossed out the normal controls. Instead pressing the triggers on the XBOX controller would tilt the stage left or right, but it was horrible imprecise, making the level slow, and virtually unplayable. Sonic Team/Dimps could have easily given the minecart standard controlls and everything would have been fine except that the mere mention of a minecart scares people now so they basically through the baby out with the bathwater. And the player in the leaks wasn't the only one to complain about the minecart. Others who were able to play the game when it was up on PartnerNET said that it controlled terribly too.

Ew, really? Well then, I still stand by my opinion that the initial reaction from the initial leaks was unwarranted as you can't really tell anything by watching someone who's that bad. But still, if IGN of all sites thought that it played fine, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Or at least I would if had an iPhone.

Edited by Speederino

Ew, really? Well then, I still stand by my opinion that the initial reaction from the initial leaks was unwarranted as you can't really tell anything by watching someone who's that bad. But still, if IGN of all sites thought that it played fine, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Or at least I would if had an iPhone.

I'd disagree. We watched footage of a badly designed level that controlled completely differently to other stages and (it has to be brought up, sorry) was only made worse by the dodgy physics. Fixing the controls may make the stage a lot better even if far from perfect, but the thing is that the controls are unsuited traditional controllers would potentially still be awkward with a Wii or PS3 controller.