Awoo.

Who here is nabbing the iPhone version?

azoo

Count me in as another apple iDevice purchaser, hoping it goes up as early as midnight tonight, tomorrows a long Uni day so I want to get some play time in before I get super busy for the day.

Still getting Xbox version, but its nice to be able to play S4 in some form before next wednesday

A midnight release I hope does happen. It'll be great to play during College breaks tomorrow. A sweet taste of whats to come for the console release.

I'm sure the minecart stages will play better on the iPhone than they did. And it doesn't matter to me to get Sonic 4; i'm just ready to get it either way. I'll still get it for the 360 because this game won't cost me anything on the iDevice (for almost obvious reasons which idk if I should say openly); and even if it has inferior levels and not all the tweaks of the console version, it'll hold me until the console release and even give me more notice on how much stuff there is in the console version compared to the iVersion.

Edited by Azukara

iPhone version is out now in Australia according to TSSZ's big red banner of attention.

By now it's Australia's morning. If it just arrived there now, that might mean everywhere else will see it on the App Store tomorrow morning. Hope you guys over there have fun with it.

It's just under £8 in GBP, so it's cheaper than the console version at any rate (they cost £10).

I was going to get it on PS3 and iPhone anyway, to have it on the go and to have it in HD, as well as the exclusive levels, but I was originally going to get it on iPhone afterwards so I've had it in HD to begin with, but very tempted to go the other way around so I can play it earlier.

I'm worried that I'll spoil it by playing it all small first then HD later, though at the same time it might be cool to see the 'upgrade' next Wednesday, and god, very excited for the game.

Can't decide really. Do I go for it earlier or do I wait and get the full HD package first? I'm going to get the iPhone version anyway but egh...

I wish it were for DS or PSP instead of some shitty Apple device...

Dude what's wrong with the apple devices? There much more popular than either the ds or the psp. Most people I meet use them and never touched either of nintendo or sony's handhelds. Having Sonic 4 on there was a smart move by sega.

I was going to get it on PS3 and iPhone anyway, to have it on the go and to have it in HD, as well as the exclusive levels, but I was originally going to get it on iPhone afterwards so I've had it in HD to begin with, but very tempted to go the other way around so I can play it earlier.

I'm worried that I'll spoil it by playing it all small first then HD later, though at the same time it might be cool to see the 'upgrade' next Wednesday, and god, very excited for the game.

Can't decide really. Do I go for it earlier or do I wait and get the full HD package first? I'm going to get the iPhone version anyway but egh...

Wait. You'll see the game at it's best and not have to endure the CSZ2 100,000 point challenge.

Edited by Blue Blood

If I had an iDevice I'd most likely get it for that as soon as possible tomorrow XD My brother is buying it on iPhone tomorrow and says he'll pop over to my flat for a bit and let me have a go :D

Am I probably wasting my time in staying up until midnight in the vain hope it'll get launched right away, then? D:

Am I probably wasting my time in staying up until midnight in the vain hope it'll get launched right away, then? D:

It's currently 9:13am in Australia and it's not long been released there, so I doubt very much that it will be released midnight elsewhere.

Ah well, I'll go to bed anyway, and if I'm still awake at midnight, stick my iPod on and see if it's up for download at all.

Why does it have to launch on a day I have work? (I only work two days a week dammit, what are the odds? Like, 2/7!!) D: Thank god the console version is released on a day I have off.

Why does it have to launch on a day I have work? (I only work two days a week dammit, what are the odds? Like, 2/7!!) D: Thank god the console version is released on a day I have off.

Yeah, and I'm at college Weds-Fri so I have to hack through that first before I can play it next week. And to make things worse I'm actually going over to my best friend's house so we can play it together first but we're not actually going to get to spend much time together.

*plots to skip college that day*

Edited by Blue Blood

Have the iPhone game - man special stages are hard as fuck! You have a time limit and need a certain amount of rings to advance to the next area.

Have the iPhone game - man special stages are hard as fuck! You have a time limit and need a certain amount of rings to advance to the next area.

Saw that in the leaks. Thought it might add some difficulty. What do you think of the normal stages? Enjoying them?

Saw that in the leaks. Thought it might add some difficulty. What do you think of the normal stages? Enjoying them?

They're great - though sometimes your left thumb slips off the movement stick.

Watch out for bumpers opposite each other in small pathways. You can get stuck until you get a time over.