Awoo.

Street Fighter Cross Tekken AND Tekken Cross Street Fighter

Agent York

What baffles me is some people here are defending Capcom over their disgusting tactics. Is it because they are loaded with cash and they don't care if Capcom re-releases MvC3 13 times?

I paid £60 for the damn special edition. I worked my butt off to get this special edition because I'm in love with the MvC series. When I got my hands on it, I was showing it off in the community I go to. Never felt more proud. Until Capcom announced a new retail edition. A huge stab in the back for me.

I didn't want to upgrade but because of the community I go to had upgraded, I had no choice but to upgrade myself. I had to sell my special edition (got £32 from it - £28 loss) to get the ultimate edition. Just to play online with my mates. I wish I could keep the content from the special edition it's only the DLC characters I kept because I already redeemed them.

I sacrificed my special edition copy for the ultimate edition which made me mad. They did this twice, what's stopping them from doing the same thing for SFxT?

What baffles me is some people here are defending Capcom over their disgusting tactics.

I know right, how dare people want more content for games they like

Jesus fuck why am I even humoring this conversation anymore. Get back to talking about the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know right, how dare people want more content for games they like

...and that's why we have DLC?

I love how people complain about how if they buy the game (the disc) they are entitled to everything on said disc. "Oh, I paid $60 for something I was promised... but oh wait... there's more content on this disc, so now I'm automatically entitled to it right!?"

No, you are not, simple as that. Be happy Capcom didn't charge us for all the content on release ($80+ dollars), they gave us the option to buy whatever content we want (that they didn't initially promise for release AT ALL), be it the characters, gems, costumes, w/e else. Don't like the business approach? Don't buy the game, simple as that. I bought the game, I'm enjoying it, and if I choose too I will buy the additional content later down the road. Everyone has this power, i don't know... use it?

"But if people buy the game, then companies will continue to do it, Don't buy the game to teach the company a lesson, blah blah blah," every stop to think that people who buy the game have been anticipating it, enjoying it and don't mind throwing a few extra bucks for more content, be it already on the disc or not. We keep hearing people complain about this "issue," but all-in-all people will buy the game because they WANT TOO. We are not doing it to manipulate the issue, we are doing it because we want to enjoy the game.

Anywho, to the ACTUAL game (we do have a use it people)

My friend and I have been doing ranked together for awhile and I feel as though the people online are just getting better and better XD Within the first week we were wrecking and now we seem to loose a lot. He uses Lili and I Asuka, we've come to the possible fact that these two may not have that well of synergy. Our other teams are Guile and Hworang(sp?), and Guile and Juri.

So fun, so fun

Edited by LunarEdge

...and that's why we have DLC?

Just want to get this in: at the rate Jill and Shuma went for MvC3, buying all the characters in themselves as DLC for the original game would've cost $60, $20 more than what UMvC3 went for, so to be honest, UMvC3 is pretty justified. New game means you got the newer chars for cheaper and they could rework stuff with the old game such as the HUD (though, I prefer the older one, to be fair) and the netcode.

Anyway, on SFxT itself, I am loving the game so much. Right now, I'm repping Ryu/King, though I've been switching King out for Ken and Akuma on occasion and I'm currently learning Paul. With Ryu/King, meh, the synergy's not that great, but I got the tools I need for most situations.

Anywho, to the ACTUAL game (we do have a use it people)

My friend and I have been doing ranked together for awhile and I feel as though the people online are just getting better and better XD Within the first week we were wrecking and now we seem to loose a lot. He uses Lili and I Asuka, we've come to the possible fact that these two may not have that well of synergy. Our other teams are Guile and Hworang(sp?), and Guile and Juri.

So fun, so fun

I'm actually very curious as to how the synergy works between Guile and Hwoarang/Juri. Guiles I've seen in SFxT aren't as afraid to approach as opposed to AE 2012, but they still turtle a bit, whereas Hwoarang/Juri seem to be more rushdown-style.

I'm actually very curious as to how the synergy works between Guile and Hwoarang/Juri. Guiles I've seen in SFxT aren't as afraid to approach as opposed to AE 2012, but they still turtle a bit, whereas Hwoarang/Juri seem to be more rushdown-style.

Edited by LunarEdge

• 2 weeks later...

New trailers retaining to the additional characters and the PsVita version:

Episode 1 Trailer:

Yea yea, the game play footage is nothing new. Also, please no "Crapcom is ripping us off," talk, we have a topic for that kind of discussion.

also, is it just me, or does the security guard look like Carl Winslow from Family Matters at the Sakura/Blanka part?

Edited by LunarEdge

http://shoryuken.com...-gems-revealed/

El33tOnline recently posted a run down of Yoshinori Ono’s Street Fighter X Tekken presentation from Captivate this year. According to Ono, another title update is incoming which will provide over 60 new gems to choose from, additional gem loadout slots, and a full Replay Analyzer mode.

He also detailed a few of the new gems that we would be getting. Ultimate Guard, for example, combines Auto Block, Auto Throw Escape, and Chip Damage Negation into one gem. Pandora Extend will increase the length of your Pandora mode to 20 seconds instead of 10. Finally, there will be an Expert Input gem, which will actually make special move inputs harder to do but will provide your characters some form of bonus in return.

Further content will drop in May, which will be a mix of both free and paid DLC. An assist gem pack will be made available at two dollars, while two booster gem packs will be available at one dollar each. A new color palette pack will also be released, though it will be free.

Finally, Ono assured fans that the glitches and exploits in Street Fighter X Tekken (including infinite combos) will be patched out in the future.

Capture6.jpg

Okay, I don't mind paying for the extra characters to be released later and SOME of the alternate outfits, but some of these extra gems in which you have to pay for sound ridiculous. Auto Block+Auto Tech+Chip Damage negation all in ONE gem!? That sounds like a bit much. I wonder how much meter (if any) this gem is going to eat up. Also, as much of a "nice" gesture these sort of gems are, they are in NO way practical. They are not going to help with any other fighting game and I personally don't agree with these kind of assist gems.

Edited by LunarEdge

• 1 month later...

So, without reading any of the comments on this thread, is it safe to assume I'm not the only one who thought this game sucked?

So, without reading any of the comments on this thread, is it safe to assume I'm not the only one who thought this game sucked?

Why not actually put some structure and thought into your post... you know, something discussion worthy?

Why not actually put some structure and thought into your post... you know, something discussion worthy?

I'm stating my opinion, in a discussion about a game that I dislike. I think that's all the structure I need.

I'm stating my opinion, in a discussion about a game that I dislike. I think that's all the structure I need.

Yes, but there is nothing really wrong in actually telling why you don't like it, y'know.

I don't know what I can give away, besides the obvious.

Senseless abuse of DLC (a bit over a quarter of the content, which is already on the disc, being locked with a price)

The gameplay. (Almost every command in this game is piss easy, and for a lot of characters, it's VERY easy to waste a Super Art by accident)

The terrible netcode.

The gem system.

The roster is "okay" I guess, but I'm still not a fan.

All of these statements have been said countless times before, maybe not here, but elsewhere, yes.

Edited by Lucario

Honest question: Why does anyone give a shit about this game? These gems are something I'd expect out of a 90's era fighting game bandwagon game and actually fighting people seems pretty screwed up.

I think it's also amusing that people are complaining about the nerfs to the dive kicks. Yeah, sure, it's not overpowered at all to have an instant free set up for block string pressure, unless they press a button, in which case it becomes a free combo.

Of course this is coming from someone who thinks that SF IV is pretty bad.

I honestly enjoy SFxT quite a bit. I could careless about the gems, but I assign them anyway, they don't make much of a difference unless you're using an assist gem.

It's a fun game to play despite it's "problems."

I think SFxT is quite fun too. It's marred by being the game that truly showed how frickin' ridiculous Capcom is but, you can't say the game is bad. It's not bad, it's great.

I honestly enjoy SFxT quite a bit. I could careless about the gems, but I assign them anyway, they don't make much of a difference unless you're using an assist gem.

Or unless you're playing against somebody who'll be downloading the latest batch of gems to come out, which will consist of gems that automatically block incoming attacks, and automatically techs throws. I picture the game becoming pretty much nothing but a contest to see who can stay crouched in the corner the longest.

Or unless you're playing against somebody who'll be downloading the latest batch of gems to come out, which will consist of gems that automatically block incoming attacks, and automatically techs throws. I picture the game becoming pretty much nothing but a contest to see who can stay crouched in the corner the longest.

There already is a gem that techs throws also one that blocks incoming attacks. The one they are releasing soon (or already have) let you combine the two as well as rid of chip damage.

I honestly don't mind the gems, sometimes it's fun working around them. Although, I mainly play with my friends or at least a friend and myself will pair up and take on randoms, which is always a good time for us.

If I ever wanted to take my game a step further and compete in tournaments, most ban the use of gems anyway (yea, I know, the quick select is now out, but I'm speaking of the here and now) so I'll be good.

This game is jokes. Gems, glitches, infinites, lack of basic features, and disc-locked content are more than enough reason for me to not play it.

You guys can have fun with your $60 beta test. I'm not buying it until the full version of it is available without hacking the game which'll be a while.

I think it's also amusing that people are complaining about the nerfs to the dive kicks. Yeah, sure, it's not overpowered at all to have an instant free set up for block string pressure, unless they press a button, in which case it becomes a free combo.

Of course this is coming from someone who thinks that SF IV is pretty bad.

The nerfs to dive kicks are over-the-top and are borderline ridiculous. Just because you don't like dive kicks doesn't necessarily mean that they should be nerfed to shit and be close to unusable.

This is especially true when it's a character like Rufus where most of what makes him good are his dive kicks. If I were you I'd stay far away from this game. Far, far away.

Edited by Chooch

This game is jokes. Gems, glitches, infinites, lack of basic features, and disc-locked content are more than enough reason for me to not play it.

You guys can have fun with your $60 beta test. I'm not buying it until the full version of it is available without hacking the game which'll be a while.

Can we not say things like that anymore? It kinda eggs those on who actually enjoy the game and instigates arguments. If you don't like the game, that's fine but please stop saying something that was already said so many times in this topic alone.

Also, the dive kicks in this game were a tad bit ridiculous and blocking one on cross-up was almost impossible at times. I can deal with the 50/50 chance grab techs in this, but the dive kicks were kind of a pain. Not that I openly complained about it, I tend to deal with the whoopings I am dealt and learn from it, but still.