Awoo.

goku262002

That two parter was so much better than I thought it would turn out! Really strong storytelling and an interesting look on how the Avatar came to be. I'd probably watch a spin-off dedicated to it. 

Hope Korra can pick up the slack now and stop messing around. I need her character to stop being all over the place. I really loved the first season and this season has had good and bad points to me, so here's to hoping the final few episodes will really show me how good this season can be.

Soo...anti-avatar anybody? because it looks like we are leaning towards one.

I allways had a feeling there would be an anti-avatar someday, thought it would show up in TLA though but never did.

This was an awesome special, loved Avatar Won and his story, just some kid that wanted a life change and he got the whole fucking world to change along with him.

I like how they told a better story with better writting and better characters in the span of 2 episodes that they weren't doing for an entire fucking season.

This tells me the writers are capable of good writing. Hopefully this arc will result in forced character development for Korra, but I won't hold my breath.

And that artstyle was fucking gorgeous, I'd have prefered this over fucking bi-planes and shit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hopefully Korra has got off her period now with this sudden case of memory defragmenting and is gonna be alittle more level headed. after all this is to stop an anti-avatar from being born not some silly faux civil war.

Also she has an air bison now! Naga is going to be pissed once he finds out.

That...was a damn good two-parter. The artstyle, the plot, the characters, the everything. It was....magical.

My only gripe...ok, so the Lion Turtles were the ones who gave humans their elemental powers....but wasn't it said in the last series that the original users of the bending arts the: Dragons, Sky Bison, Badger Moles, and the Moon respectively? What happened to that?

That...was a damn good two-parter. The artstyle, the plot, the characters, the everything. It was....magical.

My only gripe...ok, so the Lion Turtles were the ones who gave humans their elemental powers....but wasn't it said in the last series that the original users of the bending arts the: Dragons, Sky Bison, Badger Moles, and the Moon respectively? What happened to that?

To my knowledge the Lino Turtles didn't lend the elemental powers to the humans after they left, so I assume that the only way they learned afterwards was by the Elemental Animals until it was able to be learned through bloodline.

Or what DaBatGuy said.

Edited by SoniManbeast

Lion turtles granted the power of the elements to humans but they used it in very brute, amateurish ways. By mimicking the creatures/Celestial body that used the elements as a natural adaption for survival (like with Wan learning the movements of the "Dancing Dragons") they were able to fully master it as a versatile (martial) art form.

• Thumbs Up 2

Loved it. By far the best episode(s) of the entire series. When I say series, I mean the Korra series. I like many others have said, would have loved a whole season based of off Wan. Just from those episodes, he seemed like a waaay better Avatar and character in general. My only gripe......why did we get korra instead of him? Jeez. 

Like I said, this was by far the best episode(s) of the Korra arc. And def in my top 3 for both the Aang and Korra series. To me the only episode that beats it was "Tales of Ba Sing Se". But that's just my opinion. TLA was just perfect from start to finish. I so support a Wan season. 

Though it wasn't major thing in the story, I did like the how Wan's friend and the rest of the villagers learned the hard and tragic way of using their gift of fire. It kind of planted the seed of the warning of 'fire can be destructive and consuming if not used correctly,' which, as we all know, hasn't been repeated in some way in this series.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

While it certainly seems to be the case, I dunno, having Unalaq be a pawn in Vaatu's scheme would be a tad lame. He was an already pretty uninteresting bad guy mostly because he was so obviously another power-hungry villain. Having him be an unfortunate(?) puppet for the 'big bad' wouldn't really improve that.

Though it makes complete sense for Vaatu's case. He's probably figured out from last time that if he's going to stand more of a chance against the Avatar/Rava, he's going to need a human to vessel in as well as having all four elements learned. Though how he'll obtain all four elements to truly become an anti-Avatar is up in the air.

Edited by DarkLight

Anti Avatar? I could support this, if done correctly. Then again, Ozai was a huge threat against Aang, as was Amon to Korra. So an Anti Avatar would seem a little OP at first. Especially if there are less than 10 episodes for this season. Now if Vaatu were to last for the rest of the Korra series then I would be okay with it. Give him some character development time and same for Korra and her Light SPIRIT.

Anti-anything has been overdone, so has amnesia, but putting them in two of the same series? Ehhh, I don't know.

The first Avatar stuff was great storytelling and great art, but I feel kinda meh about the rest. Guess I'll just have to see where they go now.

Anybody else notice that it was the Firebenders' fault again as they,again, started to indiscriminately burn shit up and attack without knowing exactly what is happening or without caring for the effect of their actions?

Firebenders are like the Krogans, Rachni, Germans, and White People of the Avatar society.

Anybody else notice that it was the Firebenders' fault again as they,again, started to indiscriminately burn shit up and attack without knowing exactly what is happening or without caring for the effect of their actions?

Firebenders are like the Krogans, Rachni, Germans, and White People of the Avatar society.

The thing is, there are still people in the real world like that today who would still hate on another group of people. For example, there are Scots tend to hate on the English because of what happened near enough 300 years ago and that discrimination passed down, they even call themselves anti-English or being 'Anglophobic'.

If that's the direction the writers are going in, then it's somewhat clever...however, if they're being paid to do that to keep up tensions, then I guess that's okay too.

Finally fucking caught up...and that was an epic two parter.

I loved that climactic battle at the end. At least we know how the Avatar is reincarnated...somewhat, I guess.

Well there's what DaBatGuy said, so ain't no need to repeat it.

Also (slightly) fixes the asspull of the last series which, while Energybending still came out left field and fixed Aang's dilemma, explains how humans gained the ability to manipulate the elements in the first place. Unfortunately, it also begs another question that I just noted: while we know there were four lionturtles that each gave one of the four elements, where the hell was the fifth one that gave energy? Or the fifth group of people that were energybenders?

Anyone also notice how much more this is ingraining Chinese mythology tho? And to echo what was said above, I would SOO want a Wan series of Avatar.

Anyone also notice how much more this is ingraining Chinese mythology tho? And to echo what was said above, I would SOO want a Wan series of Avatar.

Considering Wan is basically Prometheus (and borrowing from an ancient legend is probably how they managed to tell a great story in few chapters, much like Madoka did with Faust), I'd say Avatar is the most multicultural show we're going to see in a while.

where the hell was the fifth one that gave energy? Or the fifth group of people that were energybenders?

What if.......all the turtles knew about energybending? I mean it would make sense, since they gave humans the ability to bend the 4 elements. Then giving the ULTIMATE power to the avatar just makes perfect sense.

What still has me a little confused, how did fire benders learn how to heal with fire? Water makes sense, but I'm not so sure about fire.

The current era Firebender didn't really heal Korra, she just sensed her energy through the use of Firebending. The pool of water is what helped Korra heal.

But wow, that two-parter. It's very odd, yet very satisfying, to know that the Avatar has a supplementary purpose of engaging in a struggle against a figurative avatar of chaos every 10 millenia. Basically Light Gaia versus Dark Gaia, but in Avatar.

It's also very refreshing to see Wan ultimately fail in his primary objective of maintaining balance. Far too often we see the first of any legacy in media just go away quietly and successfully. To have Wan just fail like that, while sad, brings a sense of realism into the fact that the Avatar is a human after all, and really justifies the Avatar's reincarnation cycle.

On a by-note, I'm calling the spirit who calls Wan "Stinky" "Ickis" from Ahh Real Monsters, since his voice is a dead ringer. I hope Ickis is immortal and we see him unite (reunite?) with Korra and recognize her.

Edited by Joshua

I find it pretty hilarious that the goddess of light and order, was a Tsundere. Something about that is just hilarious.

On a by-note, I'm calling the spirit who calls Wan "Stinky" "Ickis" from Ahh Real Monsters, since his voice is a dead ringer. I hope Ickis is immortal and we see him unite (reunite?) with Korra and recognize her.

His name is Aye-Aye and he's voiced by Jason Marsden who did not do Ickis, but did older Max from Goof Troop if you want to get into his cartoon roles among many others. He also did Kovu in Lion King 2.

PS. Jason Marsden is a hottie. Is that a coincidence?