Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Ian just randomly pointed out Zan is gone. He REALLY hates that character. :P

I agree the domestic abuse concept was crossing the line for the series, though he used Drago with gusto (yeah he was always the butt monkey but still he used him willingly).

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm betting none of the dual memories crap happened when they started getting fragments back by hitting certain triggers.

I'm betting none of the dual memories crap happened when they started getting fragments back by hitting certain triggers.

That'd be a shame really. I always headcanon'd that even in this version the memories of the old continuity returned in flashes, only from this perspective it was a bizarre side-effect of the reality-warping.

Concrete Man? Granted I haven't been keeping up with my comic reading lately, but does this mean Classic Megaman's world has jumped ahead to Megaman 9/10 again? Or have some of the later Robot Masters been introduced early before they go bonkers?

Since the 9 Robot Masters are Lightbots too, they've been introduced beforehand, some of them at least- Concrete Man and Splash Woman.

Plus other Robot Masters appeared in the comic before their respective games like Pharoah Man, Bright Man, Plant Man, Centaur Man, and Pump Man.

Concrete Man previously appeared in a back-up story as a friendly rival to Gutsy.

Anyway, awesome to see Dan Schoening's art! I heard about him being on for the crossover, but didn't think that he'd be doing the first issue. Very nice surprise. His art's looking as great as ever.

Dan's art and Luis's colors are fantastic and remind me I need to read Ghostbusters.

I hope they can do more work for Sonic and Mega Man in the future.

It's a little weird seeing this story actually take up directly after the most recent issues instead of everything being Genesis Waved this time.

Well, I guess it was obvious, but I guess Sonic Rivals has been confirmed to have occurred in this timeline. Neat. What are the odds we'll actually get Nega after all this time, now? Is this the origins story that's reference in SU#75? Or is that one going to turn up later?

Really like Adam Bryce Thomas's artwork. I think he'll fit in nicely with the growing stable of artists. Oh, and the "Worlds Unite" preivew looks really good too! Did not expect Dan Schoening to be involved with this at all (I'm out of the loop) so it's a really nice surprise, and I like how he draws Sonic already. Please keep him on, Archie.

I approve Blue Coast Zone being another area of Apotos, along with Windmill Isle.

If possible I would also throw in the Water Palace Zone from Sonic Rush.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, I guess it was obvious, but I guess Sonic Rivals has been confirmed to have occurred in this timeline. Neat. What are the odds we'll actually get Nega after all this time, now?

I thought Nega was still off limits?

I thought Nega was still off limits?

I'm just taking a stab in the dark, since Rivals and Rush were games that featured him, and they're confirmed to have happened in the timeline, I'm wondering if there's a chance SEGA has lifted their embargo of the character. He could still be off-limits for all I know, but I don't see why SEGA would approve a story like this, using these elements, and still restrict that character's appearance (a character that was actually confirmed in the old timeline and was featured in the encyclopedia). I just don't see the point of dancing around his existence anymore.

Aaaaand I'm confused about continuity again. The footnote about Tails and Tornado implies that SoL is still happening at this point.

To my knowledge STH 272 takes place during Spark of Life and SU 75 takes place after both stories and the FCBD is the in-between story. 

Just wondering, but would anyone else like to see a redesigned Iron Nicole using Nicole's current redesign?

I think it could look pretty damn awesome.

To my knowledge STH 272 takes place during Spark of Life and SU 75 takes place after both stories and the FCBD is the in-between story. 

I'm pretty sure Ian said that SCO#006 comes before both StH#272 and SU#75.

Edit: Yep, thought so.

tumblr_nnmyeuAFUJ1tlfjtro1_540.jpg

tumblr_nnmyeuAFUJ1tlfjtro2_540.jpg

tumblr_nnmyeuAFUJ1tlfjtro3_540.jpg

tumblr_nnmyeuAFUJ1tlfjtro4_540.jpg

PS Surprise FCBD preview.

• Thumbs Up 2

But Deji said the FCBD issue would be between StH#272 and SU#75 when it's explicitly shown it's not, so how could that come if you're already discussing and...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is what commuting  for nearly two hours every day for healthcare training does to you after two weeks.

So it's the Champions arc, the Genesis Portals Origin, the FCBD, then Spark of Life and then the Metal Sonic & Silver Universe issue?

Maybe Mobius Encyclopedia can be more clear...

But Deji said the FCBD issue would be between StH#272 and SU#75 when it's explicitly shown it's not, so how could that come if you're already discussing and...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This is what commuting  for nearly two hours every day for healthcare training does to you after two weeks.

Okay, well...

How about the fact the one change to Worlds Collide is confirmed to be how Eggman and Wily first met?