Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The first issue I read was 67 the Indiana Jones parody issue. But I didn't start buying the comic monthly till issue 76. Since then I've had a growing addiction to comics.

As for the new cannon as a whole. There will be aspects of the old continuity I'll always miss, specially Hope Kintobor & Lien-Da. But I've actually enjoyed the new cannon so far, we still have the SATAM & SEGA cast, so the ones that matter the most to the American sonic cannon are still there!

What a remarkable coincidence! I've just begun re-reading #67! I must admit, my memory of it is not at all clear though. Still, that's what re-reading is for, ne?

Also, curiously, it was somewhere between #67 and #76 that I began to really enjoy the series too, although I didn't read those issues until earlier this year...

For myself, I briefly collected StH from issue #91 to around #115, but lost interest around then, and didn't touch the series again until last year, when I decided to torrent it and read the entire series from the beginning through to the present day. I'm glad I did, because I love it. Hence why I'm already reading it again.

Wow. That is a neat coincidence. 6 & 7 are magic numbers perhaps!? XD

Hmmm what else can I ramble about...

Let's see. As you can probably tell from my username Bunnie Rabbot is my fav Sonic SATAM/Comic character. Although I'm fairly found of the whole Freedom Fighting Group, Antoine, Nicole & Sally have really grown on me the most over the years. And as for SEGA I'm a fan of Knuckles, Tikal, Nack, The Chaotix Crew. And ecspecially Blaze & Marine. Oh and I guess Sonic is cool too XD.

And though it'll never happen in a million years *sadly*. I would kill to see Archie give Blaze her own comic. I mean she has her own world to explore for Pete's sake! Sonic Universe arcs just aren't enough!

And finally, anyone else hope we learn more about Relic's history? *like how she became an archeologist, met knuckles, etc* I know I would!

I would tend to agree with you about the supporting cast, definitely. But I also have a soft spot for Elias. I think, of all the characters in the comic, he probably had the most character development, and I really miss him now that he's gone. 

I would tend to agree with you about the supporting cast, definitely. But I also have a soft spot for Elias. I think, of all the characters in the comic, he probably had the most character development, and I really miss him now that he's gone.

I'm still hoping over time we can get some of the old comic characters back, even if it means a more SEGA Sonicish redesign like the Freedom Fighters & Snivley(?) got. But I'm guessing it'll be at least a coupe years before Archie & SEGA loosen the reigns on ian.

At the very least I think ian should have access to all the SEGA Sonic cast *hear he's still not allowed to use Nega*. And some of the old villains *Doc Fin would be nice to see*

On the bright side Dulcy & Lupe were mentioned, so hopefully we see them in the reboot eventually.

I'm still hoping over time we can get some of the old comic characters back, even if it means a more SEGA Sonicish redesign like the Freedom Fighters & Snivley(?) got. But I'm guessing it'll be at least a coupe years before Archie & SEGA loosen the reigns on ian.

At the very least I think ian should have access to all the SEGA Sonic cast *hear he's still not allowed to use Nega*. And some of the old villains *Doc Fin would be nice to see*

On the bright side Dulcy & Lupe were mentioned, so hopefully we see them in the reboot eventually.

Sadly, Elias is one of el Grande Pendejo's creatures, so we'll never get him back. But I remain hopeful that SatAM characters, luke Dulcy and Lupe will make a return. 

Lupe and Dulcy are guaranteed to make a return. The only question is when (and it's a legit question since Dulcy probably won't be present in the immediate future).

I've also heard Ian may have plans for Honey The Cat. That'll be interesting to see if true.

But yeah, I fully expect Dulcy & Lupe to pop up eventually, although the wolf pack may have to change abit, not sure if Letta & Lyco are still useable.

As for Penders chars, I know Archie kind of told Ian not to ever use them again, but I'm still hoping over time that will change. Not that the book needs the characters, but at the very least having more big villains other then just Eggman & Nagus again would be nice. What can I say, I'm a sucker for villains. XD

Of course Ian could always just come up with new baddies over time I guess. And I guess we still have Team Hooligan, Battle Bird Armada & the Babylon Rouges for sonic & co to go up against, and Eclipse, if he doesn't get killed off by Shadow &/or Knuckles in the next SU arc.

Ian's got plenty of chance to bring in new bad blood after we've established things properly. We've got a host of new Egg Bosses to say hello to yet, as well as see how things have changed for the two survivors (Mordred and Akhlut).

As for bringing any cut characters back (because it's way more than just Penders characters), even Ian has said that he doesn't see any feasible way of them coming back even if the situation around them changes. I just wouldn't get your hopes up, I have to be brutally honest with you.

Ian's got plenty of chance to bring in new bad blood after we've established things properly. We've got a host of new Egg Bosses to say hello to yet, as well as see how things have changed for the two survivors (Mordred and Akhlut).

As for bringing any cut characters back (because it's way more than just Penders characters), even Ian has said that he doesn't see any feasible way of them coming back even if the situation around them changes. I just wouldn't get your hopes up, I have to be brutally honest with you.

tumblr_n7mqs2AS5E1teg32yo1_500.gif

As unlikely as it may be, I'm going to join SoundBunnie here in holding out hope that, maybe, one day, possibly... I fully accept that it is unlikely in the extreme, but stranger things have happened. 

Agreed. And I'm glad the comic is taking its time establishing it's new world, were still getting lots of fun stories and new locals & chars sprinkled in with established game & comic elements. And the origins strips in the Digests & Super Specials are nice bonuses.

As for Villains, I wonder if Ian will use Thrash again? The character was his creation after all, and fairly new to the book, probably wouldn't be that hard to change his origin for the new universe. I'd also be cool with Grounder Scratch & Coconuts popping back up, I know they are mostly just used for the off panel strips these days, but c'mon a SSSSSS Squad / Hooligans team-up would be awesome. XD

tumblr_n7mqs2AS5E1teg32yo1_500.gif

Not if she got removed by the SGW for being a Bollers character there isn't Hope.

...Oh, you mean the abstract concept. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Agreed. And I'm glad the comic is taking its time establishing it's new world, were still getting lots of fun stories and new locals & chars sprinkled in with established game & comic elements. And the origins strips in the Digests & Super Specials are nice bonuses.

As for Villains, I wonder if Ian will use Thrash again? The character was his creation after all, and fairly new to the book, probably wouldn't be that hard to change his origin for the new universe. I'd also be cool with Grounder Scratch & Coconuts popping back up, I know they are mostly just used for the off panel strips these days, but c'mon a SSSSSS Squad / Hooligans team-up would be awesome. XD

I'd like to see those guys again, yeah. It's odd, really, since I much prefer the more serious tone of the comic to the early days when it did feel more like AoStH in print, but I still like the idea of comic relief badniks like Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts. 

Not if she got removed by the SGW for being a Bollers character there isn't Hope.

...Oh, you mean the abstract concept. 

tumblr_n85dl0IHQK1teg32yo1_500.gif

Bravo, sir.

Hope's the character I'll miss the most. :(

And yeah. Comedic villains can be fun. And as much as I've enjoyed Ian bringing Bean & Bark into the comics , they shouldn't get to have all the fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it just me, or is that Off-Panel actually kind of terrifying? :P

Seems like almost the entire team has had an experience with new universe Gamma by the way they talk about other E-series models. would like to know about the backstory behind that at some point...

Sonic looks like hes losing it more and more, just alittle bit more...

So I'm gonna assume...

the E-1000 is supposed to be a grunt with no advanced programming like Gamma or Omega?

So I'm gonna assume...

the E-1000 is supposed to be a grunt with no advanced programming like Gamma or Omega?

They're from SA2 and SA2:B.

Most likely. Though I'm surprised they wouldn't go for the design of the little Gamma-like robots you run into in SA2 instead, since they're more obviously not the real thing. Then again, there was also the "Chaos Gamma" in Battle...

Hello Sonic fanbase!! Sorry to pop in unannounced! I'm new here and I just wanted to get into the conversation!

Continuing from what you said, goku262002, like TheFatPanda said, Gemerl was mentioned, but given that Fixit himself kinda looks like a mini- flying Emerl, maybe it hasn't happened yet and Fixit is Emerl instead.

I only see this happening because well, it's Archie, and given how some of their adaptation don't go exactly like they do in the real games, I can see Cream finding/ or being given Gemerl in advance. Just a thought.

I seriously can't wait to see Sonic out of control. It's going to be amazing to finally see all of the stress Sonic has been getting finally force him into a mindless beast going on a rampage. I can see him turning back to normal and maybe after almost hurting Amy & Rotor, Sonic decides to run away before he can cause anymore harm resulting in him turning more and more into a mindless animal.