Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm not even sure if Knuckles is really the type of guy for Chip to or would bond with anyway considering how boringly straight he has been so far in the arc compared to the Chaotix.

If it had to be anyone he could easily get along with is probably Charmy for his child-like hyperactivity.

Dude, nobody said you're disturbing anybody's enjoyment :/ Most are arguing with you because you act as if the only way the comics can be good is by sticking rigidly to exactly what the games do and any change/alteration is automatically wrong/bad. It's a matter of execution, not whether it's one thing or the other. Could the comics work like that? Sure, but why can't it have a new spin on the same story we're already so familiar with? That story's been done, and it will never not exist. But I have a feeling we'll have to agree to disagree before this spins out of control again.

Carry on, folks.

Whoa Whoa after all my years of being away people still go on about the comics not being a copy and paste of the games? What they still want to see pages and pages of Sonic doing the basic game play in comic form? If I want a Sonic story that plays out like the game I would just play the game, It's awesome seeing the lore from the games be used in the comics but don't expect a direct copy of the story you already saw and played through, and I can't wait to see how the Werehog is gonna play out.

No, I don't want to see pages and pages of Sonic doing the basic game play in comic form. But why listen?

No, I don't want to see pages and pages of Sonic doing the basic game play in comic form. But why listen?

It's more that you say one thing, only to come off as contradicting the next.

Whoa Whoa after all my years of being away people still go on about the comics not being a copy and paste of the games? What they still want to see pages and pages of Sonic doing the basic game play in comic form?

Of course not, that'd be a silly thing to expect. Just because I think the comics would benefit from taking some more cues from the parent game series (while still doing its own thing), doesn't mean that I want a straight adaptation of them--that really would be quite boring. In fact, I really do like how the comics are right now, even more so than before, due precisely to what I said.

Just a random thought, sort of trailing off, I really really would like to see more of these Egg Bosses!

Lord Hood, with a few minor differences is probably the same as he was, but what about Axel? Or Tundra? He doesn't seem to mind serving Eggman's empire at all!

I'd really like if we got something similar to the Eggman Empire arc, where we got to see all the Egg Bosses in one room interacting, and got to know the characters because they're all something I'm really interested in!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure we will. One for every continent

Just a random thought, sort of trailing off, I really really would like to see more of these Egg Bosses!

Lord Hood, with a few minor differences is probably the same as he was, but what about Axel? Or Tundra? He doesn't seem to mind serving Eggman's empire at all!

I'd really like if we got something similar to the Eggman Empire arc, where we got to see all the Egg Bosses in one room interacting, and got to know the characters because they're all something I'm really interested in!

I want to see the Egg Bosses having different opinions of their position, and not just them all having reluctant servitude. And if they do, I want Eggman to be just like his past self in that area, more than willing and more than able to put them all back on the leash if they try to run.

It'd be interesting to have some that really enjoy being part of the Empire.

• Thumbs Up 7

Perhaps after the end of the Eclipse Trilogy, we'll get to see such in Universe; god knows we need to firmly establish just how big & organized the Eggman Empire is. Or after Unleashed fully ends, there could be a performance review issue/two-parter that occurs when Eggman, annoyed at another plan of his (failure to control Dark Gaia, loss of Eggmanland) goes up in flames, where we see who's who and their motivations.

And who knows? If there are multiple Egg Bosses in all the countries, then maybe there're those who fight against it (not holding my breath for any of the old FF teams, but maybe new ones?)?

Oh yes, one of the most important factors in this story is how strong Eggman is. We need to really know how much of the world he owns and how big of a threat he is. Based on the earlier issues of the reboot, it seems that GUN is much stronger than before. Before the reboot, they seemed to be small, really small, but stout. Here, they seem to be able to, at the least, take on Egg Army chapters. Of course, they can't hold a candle to Eggman himself, but they can take on his military.

I do think Eggman owns the biggest share of the world, but he doesn't seem nearly as powerful as before. To me, that's a bit of a problem, but I don't mind it if he gets beat down to near defeat, then comes back stronger than before. I'm okay with breaks and stuff. Giving other villains a chance to shine or allowing for a status change. But it has to come around full circle.

To me, the biggest theme that this comic should have, "Eggman owns the world, Sonic has to try to free it." It started with it, I want it to stay.  I don't mind it shaking, however. I don't mind letting Eggman take a couple of breaks for, say, Snivley, or (probably won't happen) Mammoth Mogul, or even Eclipse, or whoever. But the doctor has to come back on top again.

Now, it being featured after the next SU Arc? Ehh... I'd like it, but I don't think so. I think that will go to Mighty and Ray, unless someone knows otherwise.

Also, I really hope no one takes my "keep Eggman on top" thing as absolute fanboyism or hatred of change, that's not what I mean from it. lol

If we're compromising with some of the game elements, maybe not full ownership of the world, nor even most of it. Not gonna lie and say I'd like that aspect of the old world to remain, but if not I'd like Eggman to have more than just a few sparse bases and cities around the world, at least a sizable percentage of territory that he'll always have that never goes under a certain amount.

Seems to be that way for the most part. This world is much more dynamic by comparison, but he does seem to have territory like he did in the old verse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I don't like personally favor the idea of him not owning the world. Otherwise he's back to "guy who fails to take over the world all the time." Now, if he was taking it over and then completed it, in the comics, I would absolutely love that. Throw a big, "I won!" in there, be awesome if he took it over while Sonic was in his prime but that more than likely wouldn't happen.

Also, another thing, has Ian ever tried to get characters like King Boom Boo in the comics? I'd love to see him be brought to life and actually fleshed out (there's a pun here). He can probably hold a grudge on Knuckles. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

The one thing I loved about Chronicles besides Ix and having Knux get some decent expanded story was the ending. It was epic doing the final battle after leaving Eggman behind and coming back to a nasty "Welcome Home!". Basically a muhahaha you idiots I took over while you were all gone, what's you gunna do? And it will never be resolved. It was one of the Doc's rare OTT nasty moments in the games and I loved it. Pity they can't do Chronicles in the game or something ending like it >.<

I dunno how I feel about that, honestly. I like there was a victory for him, I don't like how it established "I can only do it if they're not here." thing. I'd much rather Eggman win through a way that betters against them, ideally through combat.

I mean, sure, it does also say "the world will fall easily without the heroes" but it still, to me, makes it look like there's absolutely no way he can tangle with the heroes, which is a bit of a problem, I feel.

I rather it wasn't:

"K, we're off to save the world. No evil. K?"
"K. lol yoink"

A more elaborate plan, actually taking them down, that would be great.

Then again, I'm the guy who really wants to spruce up the nastiness of Eggman so... I dunno, my opinion probably doesn't mean much.

Will be old news to some I imagine, but I just got an email from my comic shop telling me Sonic Super Digest #7 is in stock to pick up, as is Megaman #37. So as always if little old New Zealand has physicals in stock in guessing everywhere else must have them or they will be arriving any day now.

Does anyone know when SU #64 is going to be up on the comixology app?

Print is scheduled for next week, so I reckon digital will drop then, too.

Does anyone know who'll be the artist for the next arc with Eclipse & Snively on Angel Island? Bit too busy and outta the house to check.

Does anyone know when SU #64 is going to be up on the comixology app?

It will be released next wednesday, June 4st:

lIRFVym.png

In May all these three titles were delayed digitally, but it seems that things are back on schedule in June.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone know who'll be the artist for the next arc with Eclipse & Snively on Angel Island? Bit too busy and outta the house to check.

Solicitations say it's Yardley.

Saw the Super Digest in shops today, the Sonic Origins story is Rotor. I already have it due to FCBD. It also has some really old stories (back when it was short comedy stories) and part of the Iron Dominion story. Nothing major.

Saw the Super Digest in shops today, the Sonic Origins story is Rotor. I already have it due to FCBD. It also has some really old stories (back when it was short comedy stories) and part of the Iron Dominion story. Nothing major.

That reminds me, when is the next story of "Sonic Origins" expected to drop and where will it be published? I know they're going to get collected down in the line in Select, but I might consider checking them out as they're published and double-dip on the collection later.

Oh yes, one of the most important factors in this story is how strong Eggman is. We need to really know how much of the world he owns and how big of a threat he is. Based on the earlier issues of the reboot, it seems that GUN is much stronger than before. Before the reboot, they seemed to be small, really small, but stout. Here, they seem to be able to, at the least, take on Egg Army chapters. Of course, they can't hold a candle to Eggman himself, but they can take on his military.

I do think Eggman owns the biggest share of the world, but he doesn't seem nearly as powerful as before. To me, that's a bit of a problem, but I don't mind it if he gets beat down to near defeat, then comes back stronger than before. I'm okay with breaks and stuff. Giving other villains a chance to shine or allowing for a status change. But it has to come around full circle.

To me, the biggest theme that this comic should have, "Eggman owns the world, Sonic has to try to free it." It started with it, I want it to stay.  I don't mind it shaking, however. I don't mind letting Eggman take a couple of breaks for, say, Snivley, or (probably won't happen) Mammoth Mogul, or even Eclipse, or whoever. But the doctor has to come back on top again.

Now, it being featured after the next SU Arc? Ehh... I'd like it, but I don't think so. I think that will go to Mighty and Ray, unless someone knows otherwise.

Also, I really hope no one takes my "keep Eggman on top" thing as absolute fanboyism or hatred of change, that's not what I mean from it. lol

Personally, I don't think that Eggman must have complete dominion over the planet in order for him to be a substantial threat. With that in mind, I think Eggman should often reign as tyrant over a large swath of territory. It doesn't have to stay the same size throughout his reign. Eggman should gain or lose territory during the comic's duration. He may even come close to total defeat, but then push back and reclaim what was lost and then some. I agree with the idea that his prominence should be cyclical. I think that would make the course of events all the more interesting. He doesn't need to lord over the whole world to be taken seriously as a superpower. I do want Eggman to be force to be reckoned with, but I only think he needs a foothold, at the very least, to be a menace. He should have a large power base, but it's okay to have his influence fluctuate over time.

• Thumbs Up 1