Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So what does everybody think of the redesigns?

I really like them. There is only one thing that rubs me the wrong way, but, eh. Bunnie looks fine even without a Cow-Girl hat.

Even though I really digged that hat.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Sally's redesign, but I feel Bunnie doesn't look all that different. Perhaps the style in which she is drawn is more "Sonicy" than her original appearance, but her clothing and removal of her long blonde hair just reminds me of her SatAM design.

Antoine... is... well, wow. That is different! Looks like 'Twan spent some time in the gym and followed it up with a few hours in the solarium!

I just miss Rotor's long, scruffier fur. I know it makes more sense for a walrus like he is now, but I thought it used to look better.

Truth be told, I'm actually enjoying this reboot. I mean, I will miss the old continuity, but with nu252, I feel like I can actually be apart of a new beginning that I didn't get to experience with the original comics(especially since I wasn't even born until '97). Sorry, I know that sounded cheesy.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm wondering if we will get new universe backstory at all, or if we are to just accept that things happened different and they may or may not delve into the differences on a case by case basis as things pop up.

I mean the FF's have both sets of memory's now, but Sonic and Tails presumably only have the memories from the old universe as they are still surprised at how certain things are changed or different. What about Knux, where does he fit? Will he be new universe Knux or is he the old universe Knux who would also be confused as hell? In fact has anyone mentioned him yet?

And like on the bumble forums I'm also wondering about the old "groups" they had going on, like the Chaotix. Will they be game Chaotix or the old Knux crew? Will Mighty and Ray end up a Sonic and Tails type team from another area of Sonic's world, another FF group..or is the Sega Sonic Arcade cannon of them knowing each other from way back still applying?

So many questions, will be a journey finding all the answers that's for sure :)

I'm wondering if we will get new universe backstory at all, or if we are to just accept that things happened different and they may or may not delve into the differences on a case by case basis as things pop up.

I mean the FF's have both sets of memory's now, but Sonic and Tails presumably only have the memories from the old universe as they are still surprised at how certain things are changed or different. What about Knux, where does he fit? Will he be new universe Knux or is he the old universe Knux who would also be confused as hell? In fact has anyone mentioned him yet?

And like on the bumble forums I'm also wondering about the old "groups" they had going on, like the Chaotix. Will they be game Chaotix or the old Knux crew? Will Mighty and Ray end up a Sonic and Tails type team from another area of Sonic's world, another FF group..or is the Sega Sonic Arcade cannon of them knowing each other from way back still applying?

So many questions, will be a journey finding all the answers that's for sure smile.png

We're supposed to be getting a a story about the New!Mobius's origins, which would essentially retell how Sonic and the Freedom Fighters came together and all that in this particularly universe. Not sure about the details surrounding that, but seeing something that helps make sense of the new universe like that should be a treat. Say what you will about Archie, but I think they are fully aware of how the fanbase at large feels, so even if we can't get back the characters or plot threads from the old universe, they'll certainly do what they can to get us adjusted to the new one.

In the case of Knuckles, I'm guessing his origins will be the most changed since a lot of what made Archie!Knuckles who he was, was done under Ken Penders. As long as he doesn't devolve into being a self-important dumbass, like in the games, and maybe they explore some aspects of Echidna history (according to the SEGA version), I'd be fine. I imagine had NICOLE had enough juice left to restore everybody from the old universe, Knuckles would've been a candidate, but we all know that's not the case anymore and it makes more sense to distance Knuckles as far away from anything of the old universe. Which is a shame, but given the circumstances, there's not much we can do about it. On the plus side, we lose stupid developments like "Chaos Knuckles" or Knuckles's temporary "death".

It'll definitely be interesting to see how everyone's been "reassigned" in the new universe, and knowing that Bean and Bark are still relevant, gives me hope that Mighty and Ray will likewise return, and possibly Fang/Nack as well.

Who did the art for the 4th book of the Legacy series?

Ben Bates.

We're supposed to be getting a a story about the New!Mobius's origins, which would essentially retell how Sonic and the Freedom Fighters came together and all that in this particularly universe. Not sure about the details surrounding that, but seeing something that helps make sense of the new universe like that should be a treat. Say what you will about Archie, but I think they are fully aware of how the fanbase at large feels, so even if we can't get back the characters or plot threads from the old universe, they'll certainly do what they can to get us adjusted to the new one.

In the case of Knuckles, I'm guessing his origins will be the most changed since a lot of what made Archie!Knuckles who he was, was done under Ken Penders. As long as he doesn't devolve into being a self-important dumbass, like in the games, and maybe they explore some aspects of Echidna history (according to the SEGA version), I'd be fine. I imagine had NICOLE had enough juice left to restore everybody from the old universe, Knuckles would've been a candidate, but we all know that's not the case anymore and it makes more sense to distance Knuckles as far away from anything of the old universe. Which is a shame, but given the circumstances, there's not much we can do about it. On the plus side, we lose stupid developments like "Chaos Knuckles" or Knuckles's temporary "death".

It'll definitely be interesting to see how everyone's been "reassigned" in the new universe, and knowing that Bean and Bark are still relevant, gives me hope that Mighty and Ray will likewise return, and possibly Fang/Nack as well.

Yeah, imagine how hard to process all the Penders crap it would be for new universe Knuckles had they given him a refresher. Would be pretty painful reliving losing everyone again too. Probably better off he didn't get any memories back from the old universe.

And yeah I'm kinda hoping we see a return of the reunited Team Hooligan. I imagine Sega are less protective or caring of what Archie does with the "forgotten" characters. Would be nice to find out where Nack has been, tho his last appearance properly was before the new universe stuff set in, so whatever if anything they had planned would be nixed anyway probably. Will be interesting to see if they still use Nack or if they use the new universe to make his name Fang. Would be trippy and a tad disappointing if they made him into an Egg Boss of a region rather than being a free agent >.<

Yeah, imagine how hard to process all the Penders crap it would be for new universe Knuckles had they given him a refresher. Would be pretty painful reliving losing everyone again too. Probably better off he didn't get any memories back from the old universe.

And yeah I'm kinda hoping we see a return of the reunited Team Hooligan. I imagine Sega are less protective or caring of what Archie does with the "forgotten" characters. Would be nice to find out where Nack has been, tho his last appearance properly was before the new universe stuff set in, so whatever if anything they had planned would be nixed anyway probably. Will be interesting to see if they still use Nack or if they use the new universe to make his name Fang. Would be trippy and a tad disappointing if they made him into an Egg Boss of a region rather than being a free agent >.<

Yeah, like I said, it's a shame all that's lost now, but given events in-universe and behind the scenes--well, Knuckles would probably just have a complete breakdown.

I kinda doubt Nack/Fang would become an Egg Boss; when was the last time he worked with Eggman anyway? #173? After that, he freelanced for Mogul (and I suppose he had a brief stint with the Destructix, too) before striking out on his own and dragging Bean and Bark along for the ride. If anything, maybe a local Egg Army branch would hire him for some mercenary work, but I don't think he'd join the Egg Army. I also think they'd likely stick with the "Nack" name until SEGA told Archie to switch it to "Fang," as he's pretty much irrelevant to SEGA, except for a quick cameo gag, I can't imagine they'll even bother with that.

Hopefully it's true SEGA doesn't care as much for "forgotten" characters and it allows them to continue existing in the comic; they've done well so far, and are pretty popular (and aren't wrapped in red tape), I see no reason to not use them. Like I said, Bean and Bark still being around give me a lot of hope, and SEGA could've just as easily slapped Yardley on the wrist and told him not to use them in "Pirate Plunder Panic."

You know who I'd like to see as an Egg Boss if he came back? Thrash.

He could be the Egg Boss of whatever this worlds equivalent of Downunda is.

Haha maybe Nack went back to his "special zone" home as mentioned in the game verse and wasn't affected by any of the Genesis Wave stuff. Bean and Bark seemed to remember everything, tho they weren't with him at the time.

You know who I'd like to see as an Egg Boss if he came back? Thrash.

He could be the Egg Boss of whatever this worlds equivalent of Downunda is.

He would be pretty bad ass as an Egg Boss, but the new Bison guy seems like the angry powerhouse, doesn't mean they can't have two I suppose. He was a neat chaotic neutral kinda rival to Knuckles tho, I would like to see him again in some capacity. He always seemed like one of the few non-Sega characters that could actually pass as one, like he could have been a game character.

Haha maybe Nack went back to his "special zone" home as mentioned in the game verse and wasn't affected by any of the Genesis Wave stuff. Bean and Bark seemed to remember everything, tho they weren't with him at the time.

Except he would: the wave effected the whole multiverse making it collapse remember?

Also, Bean and Bark have yet to show any signs that they remember the old world...

Except he would: the wave effected the whole multiverse making it collapse remember?

Also, Bean and Bark have yet to show any signs that they remember the old world...

Bean remembered TTT however I think the excuse is that people who are insane are not effected by reality alterations

oh the sol dimension still exists

True, otherwise the zone the Echidna's are in wouldn't have been properly sterilized. Your right, I just read it again and Bean and Bark briefly referring to Nack doesn't mean they remember the old world, just means they obviously know him in this one too. Saying "I think" we are wanted criminals is a bit odd tho, I mean it is Bean but they should know if they are or not if they remember the new universe.

Amy appeared to remember it too. And yet she still needed to be Nicole'd to get her memories back.

Basically the theory is that TTT happened on new Mobius in some form too.

Saying "I think" we are wanted criminals is a bit odd tho, I mean it is Bean but they should know if they are or not if they remember the new universe.

I assumed it was a case of "we've caused so much trouble in this city in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if we where wanted criminals here..."

Was Captain Metal immune to the Super Genesis Wave because of the machine part that allowed him to jump dimensions?

That would explain why Blaze doesn't remember him, despite it being obvious to us.

Kind of sucks for Knuckles, hes like a case of everybody knowing a secret about you and not letting you in on it, eventually knuckles is going to start asking questions when someone slips up and mentions something from the old!universe, like his girl friend or his family or the origins of his race.

Sonic and Tails know the final fate of his people, Sally and the rest know about what Knuckles did as enerjak and what events transpired in his past. kind of hard for a whole group to keep things hush-hush about 1 guy esp. if they are as close as a friend as Knuckles.

Nothing big with this post. Just have some nibblets of info taken from other places to feed out.

-The person who was talking about some of the info said that Naugus was no longer Ixis. I myself cannot verify this.

-They also said that King Acorn isn't called Max in the new reality. This I -can- verify. So maybe the first was deleted or something. Could have been made up, but eh.

-In the new reality, there's only ever been one Robonik. None of that "real one dying and a robo-man from another universe taking the role", I assume.

-Ian plans for Thrash to have largely the same role as before the Wave. Obviously this will mean tweaking the backstory, which he acknowledged.

-Unrelated to the new universe, it turns out that Penders did actually try to get multiple books delayed or even outright cancelled.

Now back to the bigger Archie thing I need to do. Haven't had much time all week. :/

-In the new reality, there's only ever been one Robonik. None of that "real one dying and a robo-man from another universe taking the role", I assume.

Seemed obvious in ways since they showed his meeting with King Acorn change in Sonic's memories. I mean, I guess he could'vehad the same story with his classic design, but I thought it would be like this...

Well at least he failed right? I remember a few times Diamond had contacted my local and told them to send back all the copies of the Knuckles Archives and one or two other issues but the owner didn't comply. Told them they were sold or allocated already. At least we won't have trouble like that again, he has his sights set on EA/Sega for Chronicles and Mega Collection now...fat lot of good that will do him even if he was to win.

So if the king isn't named Max then just what is his name? also, why still stick Thrash in the same role when he himself shouldn't even exist to begin with? wasn't his creation the result of the echidnas trying to play god with a species?