Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Is Blaze seriously trying to beat him with a pillow?

That's her fist, actually.

At least it's not Many Hands. LOL

manyhandslol.jpg

But yeah, the variant cover is pretty bad.

Was this really a legit comic page? Because...well...it speaks for itself to be honest.

ChaosSupremeSonîc, on 13 Aug 2013 - 09:03, said:That's her fist, actually.

... so it is! Didn't notice the arm coming across or the fingers. Nevermind then!

I blame the Wii U browser.

Edit: Seems to not like quote coding either. D:

Edited by t0ms0nic

Look on the left hand side of the Chibi Variant. It's Captain Whiskers! Good to see him back again. Ooo Burning Blaze!

And yet, the nitpicky douche that is me must once again state that in Burning mode, Blaze loses the coloring on the tips of her "ponytail" (it's all solid pink) and that her cuffs are turned into fire.  Like, nobody gets this right! XD  It's Super Silver all over again!

You may now continue your comic discussion.

Edited by Legendary Aqua

Is that Murray the Evil Demonic Talking Skull from Curse of Monkey Island on the chibi varient cover? I kid, I kid! :P

Edited by Tenko

Finished reading my copy of SU #55 (Spoilers will come later) and there's a tease about a mobile game adaptation in an upcoming issue of Digest. Did we know about that before? If not, then it's news. I wonder if it's Jump or Dash?

Edited by CC14 the Wondercolt

Awesome to see Burning Blaze.

Looks like Germany will be getting the Archives:

SONICSONDERBAND1_Softcover_573.jpg

Vol.1 will be release on the 18th of September and will cost 9,99€. I dunno what the format is. They just wrote softcover, which doesn't tell me the dimensions xP

https://www.paninicomics.de/-i9916.html

Sonic Dash literally has no plot. Sonic Jump, as basic as it is, had a small story about Eggman capturing animals which Sonic/whoever you're playing as has to rescue. 

Sonic Dash literally has no plot. Sonic Jump, as basic as it is, had a small story about Eggman capturing animals which Sonic/whoever you're playing as has to rescue. 

You think that'll stop them? =P

You think that'll stop them? =P

yeah this is the same company who did an adaptation of sonic and all stars racing transformed a game that has no story plus for some odd reason people ask them to make a sonic R adaptation 

At least Transformed had Eggman in it, so there was an antagonist to use. Sonic Dash has no-one!

I assume they somehow will put Eggman in Dash if they do, especially seeing as the game has badniks and such. This makes me think:

We need bosses in Dash.

So, thus far, Amy and Cream aren't actually contributing much to the pirate arc. Which makes it seem like that this is a Blaze story with Amy and Cream thrown in for SEGA Sonic recognition, same as Silver being in the Secret Freedom Fighter arc. Ian has said in the past that Blaze isn't enough to hold up her own arc, as well. 

If this turns out to be all false in the upcoming issues, then I will more than happily eat my words.

Well on my latest vids (minus 10) talk about the current run in the comics, check them out if you like at bwrosas on the YT

The redesigns to me are okay.  True, I know of those that may feel the're unnecessary to have.  But right now it's the era and time we're in.

I  mean look at Biker Mice 2006, character redesigns were there, but the characters pretty much remained who they were.

Now TMNT 2012, that's a bit a different story in itself, especially with April, cause I know that long-time fans didn't like the change to April, but understood why it was done, mostly because of the era and time we're in.  But didn't care for it, because this was not the April, that long-time fans have known and knew for the past 25-30 years.

So when it comes to the SatAM redesigns, some of us may not like them, but understand why they are happening, while others are fine with the redesigns, while others down right dislike them.  But again, era and time is why the redesigns are happening.

Now TMNT 2012, that's a bit a different story in itself, especially with April, cause I know that long-time fans didn't like the change to April, but understood why it was done, mostly because of the era and time we're in. But didn't care for it, because this was not the April, that long-time fans have known and knew for the past 25-30 years.

Haha, you think that's bad. Wait until the Bay movie comes out. Megan Fox looks nothing like April. I wouldn't even bother hoping for what we know and love after what they did to Transformers >.<

More on topic tho, I like the redesigns so far, they do look far more Sega Sonic'ish which is what they were going for so I say job well done.

The redesigns to me are okay.  True, I know of those that may feel the're unnecessary to have.  But right now it's the era and time we're in.

I  mean look at Biker Mice 2006, character redesigns were there, but the characters pretty much remained who they were.

Now TMNT 2012, that's a bit a different story in itself, especially with April, cause I know that long-time fans didn't like the change to April, but understood why it was done, mostly because of the era and time we're in.  But didn't care for it, because this was not the April, that long-time fans have known and knew for the past 25-30 years.

So when it comes to the SatAM redesigns, some of us may not like them, but understand why they are happening, while others are fine with the redesigns, while others down right dislike them.  But again, era and time is why the redesigns are happening.

In the case of TMNT, changing April into a teenager (something that was actually new and different for the franchise) doesn't seem necessarily just because "well, that's how the times are, get with it, people!" It seemed more like an attempt to do something unique and different for the character, who, before that, was typically just the Turtles' den-mother figure and wasn't a particularly active member of the cast (in the comics). This, of course, changed over time in other incarnations, making her more active especially since she was always a major character--the Turtles' first human connection. If anything, TMNT 2012 is just an evolution of that. While it's not absolutely necessary, it works. It works very well, in fact. It's a show more obviously aimed towards a younger crowd (but done with a lot of love and care by people who want to appeal to Turtle fans new and old), and making April younger helps that audience connect with the cast even better, especially younger girls that may be getting into the franchise.

The Freedom Fighters are a different story though; I think it's partially because, yes, it's about danged time they got an update. They've been a crucial part of the Archie universe for the entire run, and were typically sidelined later on either for SEGA characters or whatever new, uninteresting characters past writers had thrown in. They've been there for 20 years, and went through minimal changes with only a handful of highlights. Maybe it is time things got shaken up a little, and they returned to share the spotlight supporting the SEGA cast. Refreshed designs seem like a big part of that, especially if they give the comic closer ties to its source material, while still offering something unique from the games.

Change isn't inherently bad or good, but in the examples you've given (TMNT and Sonic) some change doesn't do much damage, and seems to help the appeal of the respective series. Granted, you don't have to like all aspects (in the case of TMNT, I don't care for every aspect of the cartoon, but much of what I don't like is outnumbered by the positive things I do like) but simply disliking changes because they are changes and then just shrugging it off because "I guess it's just how it is" seems shortsighted. Of course, there are changes that don't always sit well with me (I could probably rattle off a number of things about the upcoming TMNT movie that guarantees Michael Bay will not be getting my money) but usually there's a reason beyond "They changed it, so it sucks."

Just got to issue 157. I have to say that the comic has gotten better and better. I really liked tossed in space and the return to angel island arcs.

Very pumped to eventually get into the Sonic Universe series.