Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Time fer some seaworthy spoilarrrrrrrghs!

The issue opens with Amy, Cream, Blaze, Marine, and a crew made up of the natives of Blaze's world at sea battling a pirate ship. Blaze exposits that after she was returned to her world following Worlds Collide, Amy, Cream, and Cheese somehow ended up there with her with memories of their own world clouded a bit due to the changes brought about by Chaos Control. Blaze further explains that even though they helped her track the final Sol Emerald to the pirate ship that they're currently battling, she won't have them getting hurt on her behalf, saying that it is her burden and hers alone. While Amy bats back oncoming cannonballs and Marine orders the crew to return fire, Blaze tells her Aussie friend to bring the ship in closer to the enemy vessel so she can board it. Amy and Marine try to convince her out of going alone, but she tells them that as guardian of the Sol Emeralds, she has to fulfill her duty. After another volley is shot at them, Marine starts to notice that they AREN'T actually cannonballs, but bombs. (Bombs that Amy finds oddly familiar.) After Blaze and crew endure the bombs for a bit, the ship suddenly stops firing on them, giving the pyrokinetic feline the perfect chance to board it. (With the others covering her with a volley of their own cannonballs.)

As Blaze arrives on the vessel, she decides to use stealth to her advantage to seek out the Emerald, and then sink the ship when she gets her hands on it. As she's about to proceed, however, she meets up with perhaps the unstealthiest familiar face she could of, Bean. She pushes him down before he gives her away and they move on together. As they make their way through the ship, she wonders that since Amy, Cream, Cheese, Bean, and presumably Bark have all conveniently shown up in her world, if the Rogues will drop in on the party soon, too. Bean acknowledges the possibility, but says that he hasn't met up with "Snaggleface McStealyGrab" yet. Meanwhile, back at Blaze's ship, a failed attempt to fire explosives at the enemy blows up in "Captain" Marine's face. Back to the opposite ship, Buckle, one of the robot pirates, reports to Captain Metal that the lookout saw a trail of fire and a stowaway slip aboard. Captain Metal tells Swash, another robo-pirate, to put him on loudspeaker so he can address the entire ship and the buccaneer obliges.

Blaze asks Bean how he ended up in her world and he says that him and Bark just suddenly popped in from out of nowhere while they were minding their own business. Suddenly, he's interrupted by Captain Metal on the loudspeaker. He threatens Blaze by saying that if she doesn't give herself up to him, he'll blow her friends out of the seas. Thinking quickly and remembering Bean's fondness for shiny things, she asks if he's seen the Emerald that she's looking for. He gives the affirmative, revealing that the Captain keeps it on him at all times. After ducking some more robo-pirates, Blaze tells him to get off the ship while she gets her Emerald back and saves Bark. However, she's caught by surprise when Bean gives her up to the pirates, revealing that he and Bark have been in league with them the whole time. "You're with the pirates?!" "HELLLOOOO! Last time we met, I was hanging out with a bounty hunting assassin! What made you think I WOULDN'T toss in my lot with this pack of lovable ne'er-do-wells?!" Blaze quickly melts the pirates and begins to battle Bean.

Back with Marine and crew, one of the natives reveals that they're about to sink and Cream suggests using the last of their float time to ram the pirates, saying that "it's what Mr. Sonic would do." Amy agrees and Marine sends the rest of their crew to the lifeboats, saying that they'll take it from here. They then plan to fire a volley right before they hit and join Blaze on the enemy ship. Speaking of Blaze, she quickly realizes in her tussle with Bean that the bombs being fired at them before were HIS. Captain Metal comes back on the loudspeaker to issue Blaze a countdown for her decision. Bean suggest heading on deck to see the Captain and "bask in his Captain-osity," to which Blaze agrees, heading up. Arriving on deck as Captain Metal reaches 1, Blaze demands the Sol Emerald or he can say goodbye to his entire crew. Captain Metal denies her "generous offer" by making one of his own, revealing a large laser cannon at the front of the ship. Blaze claims that he said he wouldn't fire at him if she gave herself up. Revealing himself to be a true pirate, he lied. Blaze's four friends brace themselves and Captain Metal fires, completely destroying their ship.

Blaze drops to her knees as tears well up in her eyes over her fallen friends. Captain Metal apologizes for having to sink them, but says that she DID give herself up AFTER his countdown, so he had to keep his word as a Captain. Blaze flames up in anger, demanding the Sol Emerald. Captain Metal says that he has big plans for it AND for her if she'll ally with him. She refuses, saying that he'll pay for what he did to her friends and for keeping the world in jeopardy by holding on to the gem. She demands the Emerald once again, raising a flaming fist, but is knocked out by a sneak attack from Buckle from behind. "Burn? Mayhap I shall in due time. But not while ye be lettin' yer feelin's control ye. A second chance at life, I've been given already. I'm not spoilin' t'see it end so soon yet, lassie. Nor will I squander that chance on petty plunder or meager visions. Grand are my plans for this Sol Emerald, fairrr princess. And for the OTHER six Emeralds as well." The issue ends with Captain Metal revealing himself from the shadows. There's also a funny Off-Panel strip starring Marine's fantasies.

Enjoy! :)

• Thumbs Up 3

Time fer some seaworthy spoilarrrrrrrghs!

The issue opens with Amy, Cream, Blaze, Marine, and a crew made up of the natives of Blaze's world at sea battling a pirate ship. Blaze exposits that after she was returned to her world following Worlds Collide, Amy, Cream, and Cheese somehow ended up there with her with memories of their own world clouded a bit due to the changes brought about by Chaos Control. Blaze further explains that even though they helped her track the final Sol Emerald to the pirate ship that they're currently battling, she won't have them getting hurt on her behalf, saying that it is her burden and hers alone. While Amy bats back oncoming cannonballs and Marine orders the crew to return fire, Blaze tells her Aussie friend to bring the ship in closer to the enemy vessel so she can board it. Amy and Marine try to convince her out of going alone, but she tells them that as guardian of the Sol Emeralds, she has to fulfill her duty. After another volley is shot at them, Marine starts to notice that they AREN'T actually cannonballs, but bombs. (Bombs that Amy finds oddly familiar.) After Blaze and crew endure the bombs for a bit, the ship suddenly stops firing on them, giving the pyrokinetic feline the perfect chance to board it. (With the others covering her with a volley of their own cannonballs.)

As Blaze arrives on the vessel, she decides to use stealth to her advantage to seek out the Emerald, and then sink the ship when she gets her hands on it. As she's about to proceed, however, she meets up with perhaps the unstealthiest familiar face she could of, Bean. She pushes him down before he gives her away and they move on together. As they make their way through the ship, she wonders that since Amy, Cream, Cheese, Bean, and presumably Bark have all conveniently shown up in her world, if the Rogues will drop in on the party soon, too. Bean acknowledges the possibility, but says that he hasn't met up with "Snaggleface McStealyGrab" yet. Meanwhile, back at Blaze's ship, a failed attempt to fire explosives at the enemy blows up in "Captain" Marine's face. Back to the opposite ship, Buckle, one of the robot pirates, reports to Captain Metal that the lookout saw a trail of fire and a stowaway slip aboard. Captain Metal tells Swash, another robo-pirate, to put him on loudspeaker so he can address the entire ship and the buccaneer obliges.

Blaze asks Bean how he ended up in her world and he says that him and Bark just suddenly popped in from out of nowhere while they were minding their own business. Suddenly, he's interrupted by Captain Metal on the loudspeaker. He threatens Blaze by saying that if she doesn't give herself up to him, he'll blow her friends out of the seas. Thinking quickly and remembering Bean's fondness for shiny things, she asks if he's seen the Emerald that she's looking for. He gives the affirmative, revealing that the Captain keeps it on him at all times. After ducking some more robo-pirates, Blaze tells him to get off the ship while she gets her Emerald back and saves Bark. However, she's caught by surprise when Bean gives her up to the pirates, revealing that he and Bark have been in league with them the whole time. "You're with the pirates?!" "HELLLOOOO! Last time we met, I was hanging out with a bounty hunting assassin! What made you think I WOULDN'T toss in my lot with this pack of lovable ne'er-do-wells?!" Blaze quickly melts the pirates and begins to battle Bean.

Back with Marine and crew, one of the natives reveals that they're about to sink and Cream suggests using the last of their float time to ram the pirates, saying that "it's what Mr. Sonic would do." Amy agrees and Marine sends the rest of their crew to the lifeboats, saying that they'll take it from here. They then plan to fire a volley right before they hit and join Blaze on the enemy ship. Speaking of Blaze, she quickly realizes in her tussle with Bean that the bombs being fired at them before were HIS. Captain Metal comes back on the loudspeaker to issue Blaze a countdown for her decision. Bean suggest heading on deck to see the Captain and "bask in his Captain-osity," to which Blaze agrees, heading up. Arriving on deck as Captain Metal reaches 1, Blaze demands the Sol Emerald or he can say goodbye to his entire crew. Captain Metal denies her "generous offer" by making one of his own, revealing a large laser cannon at the front of the ship. Blaze claims that he said he wouldn't fire at him if she gave herself up. Revealing himself to be a true pirate, he lied. Blaze's four friends brace themselves and Captain Metal fires, completely destroying their ship.

Blaze drops to her knees as tears well up in her eyes over her fallen friends. Captain Metal apologizes for having to sink them, but says that she DID give herself up AFTER his countdown, so he had to keep his word as a Captain. Blaze flames up in anger, demanding the Sol Emerald. Captain Metal says that he has big plans for it AND for her if she'll ally with him. She refuses, saying that he'll pay for what he did to her friends and for keeping the world in jeopardy by holding on to the gem. She demands the Emerald once again, raising a flaming fist, but is knocked out by a sneak attack from Buckle from behind. "Burn? Mayhap I shall in due time. But not while ye be lettin' yer feelin's control ye. A second chance at life, I've been given already. I'm not spoilin' t'see it end so soon yet, lassie. Nor will I squander that chance on petty plunder or meager visions. Grand are my plans for this Sol Emerald, fairrr princess. And for the OTHER six Emeralds as well." The issue ends with Captain Metal revealing himself from the shadows. There's also a funny Off-Panel strip starring Marine's fantasies.

Enjoy! smile.png

Bean's betrayal is not surprising in the least, I mean its a crew of big shiny things! though I have a feeling he will either try to take over or get betrwyed, but who knows

Aye! That be a very entertainin' read indeed.

Nice to see Bean still remembers Nack after all that's happened with WC. Can't say with this logic that I'm too surprised that Blaze forgot about Tango with these shenanigans. Though his line to Blaze about why he's with the pirates was

hilarious. Good show Bean!

Any hoo! Only one question probes my mind now: who in Davy's Locker rebuilt Metal?

Aye! That be a very entertainin' read indeed.

Nice to see Bean still remembers Nack after all that's happened with WC. Can't say with this logic that I'm too surprised that Blaze forgot about Tango with these shenanigans. Though his line to Blaze about why he's with the pirates was

hilarious. Good show Bean!

Any hoo! Only one question probes my mind now: who in Davy's Locker rebuilt Metal?

My bets either on NEGA or captian wiskers..... or Bean, I mean you just never know

OK, so this doesn't sound like a TOTAL rehash of TTT with pirates! as I thought it would be.

Also guys, pirate talk isn't funny. It's cringeworthy. VERY cringeworthy. Captain I'm-Totally-Not-Metal-Sonic using it doesn't make it any better.

So, thus far, Amy and Cream aren't actually contributing much to the pirate arc. Which makes it seem like that this is a Blaze story with Amy and Cream thrown in for SEGA Sonic recognition, same as Silver being in the Secret Freedom Fighter arc. Ian has said in the past that Blaze isn't enough to hold up her own arc, as well. 

If this turns out to be all false in the upcoming issues, then I will more than happily eat my words.

how long ago did he say that thought? 

If he has THAT kind of power at his finger tips... then he'd be capable of anything. It would be a worse drag on future plots than time traveling would have been had 06 not erased everyone's knowledge of the ability. Every time anything of note happens, Sonic could just Genesis wave it back to making things all better.

Sonic's normally not Super, nor does he show interest in such power, however. This separates him from Enerjak or Super Scourge; he's had plenty of opportunities to be a demigod but he has rejected them. Just as Tails did after he became Titan Tails. It's the mark of a hero - power is to be relinquished, rather than savored.

I kinda assumed it works for sonic because of Eggman wreaking havoc with the time space continuum, if Eggman hadn't messed with it I imagine Super wouldn't have such powers, therefore it's only able to be used when Eggman he's done something like this that kinda rewrites the t/s continuum.

Also this. The timeline was unzipped, so Super Sonic is more than capable of zipping it back into place. If the "zipper" is in place, however, Super Sonic doesn't have his reality-bending powers.

That's not to say a Chaos being couldn't develop such powers given time (look at Mogul), but again, Sonic has no interest in such power. And even the versions of him that do (Scourge) are too lazy and get bored of it quickly. Contrast to the much more cunning and devious Dark Enerjak or Master Mogul.

In sum...

Yes, Sonic can be trusted with absolute power because he will never abuse it. Whereas all his comrades would.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I'm glad to see people putting the stuff in spoiler tags on this site. Not many other places would be considerate like that for those that haven't read the issue yet.

I know Amy, Cream, and Marine may not be doing much right now, but I'm sure they will later. This is a typical sonic related scenario. You need to set the scene with the main character, that being Blaze of course. The other three are her main support that will also have their own main points as well. This will be even more the case as the girls will eventually have to try and get main to the prime world at some point.

A Sonic Team made character needs support from other Sonic Team made characters to have a story arc...

This is a demographics thing, isn't it.

Maybe it's nothing like that and Yardley! just wanted to focus on Blaze on the first issue? Or maybe it's a question of internal politics and nothing to do with SEGA Characters- maybe Yardley! suggested adding Amy and cream in to add more supporting cast and remove clutter from the reintroduction arc in the main comic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's normally not Super, nor does he show interest in such power, however. This separates him from Enerjak or Super Scourge; he's had plenty of opportunities to be a demigod but he has rejected them. Just as Tails did after he became Titan Tails. It's the mark of a hero - power is to be relinquished, rather than savored.

The super state is a minimal handicap at this point, seeing as how he has several options of obtaining the chaos energy required to make the jump. He's gone Super off the Master Emerald (something he would almost undoubtedly always have access too), The Chaos Emeralds, and he's even drained a Super state off of a machine being powered by the Emeralds. That unlimited power is a phone call from Knuckles away at all times.

and while Sonic has shown no interest in abusing that kind of power before, we do know that given the opportunity Sonic will bend the rules of time and space in order to save a friend (he did so while re-writing the Genesis wave the first time in order to save Sally). Tails for that matter did the exact same thing. While he did quickly relinquish all that god-tier power, he only did so after using that power to set things right. Jani-Ca, another example, did the same thing. While they had access to that kind of reality bending power, they utilized it to undo the harm of the big bad. Is that abuse? technically not, but it undermines anything of consequence that an opponent to that kind of power can do. Master Mogul wiped out 99% of the multiverse, and you wouldn't even know it because Tails fixed it. Eggman killed Sally on the Death Egg. Does that matter in the grand scheme of things? Nope, Sonic will eventually gain the power to make it all better.

That's what I'm getting at. If Sonic of all people has access to that kind of power, then short of he himself biting the bullet, there is nothing bad that can happen to the heroes that can't be undone at some later point. Mammoth and Tails were effectively neutered of that kind of power. Sonic still technically may have it right at his fingertips.

That's what I'm getting at. If Sonic of all people has access to that kind of power, then short of he himself biting the bullet, there is nothing bad that can happen to the heroes that can't be undone at some later point. Mammoth and Tails were effectively neutered of that kind of power. Sonic still technically may have it right at his fingertips.

And that is ultimately why Ian's generally reserved about the use of such a plot device. We already have the series admitting that Sonic is a mascot character and so can never truly lose with the "chaos constant" device, it would be overkill to make it so all damage can be undone. It would quickly lose its flare; let's not forget that Ian himself has stated he's against Disney deaths.

In cases such as Titan Tails and the two Genesis Waves, the demigod response actually makes sense: reality was messed with, and so it was messed with in reverse. Unless this corruption occurs in the first place, we don't really need to worry about Sonic or anyone else powergaming their way to victory, I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

And that is ultimately why Ian's generally reserved about the use of such a plot device. We already have the series admitting that Sonic is a mascot character and so can never truly lose with the "chaos constant" device, it would be overkill to make it so all damage can be undone. It would quickly lose its flare; let's not forget that Ian himself has stated he's against Disney deaths.

In cases such as Titan Tails and the two Genesis Waves, the demigod response actually makes sense: reality was messed with, and so it was messed with in reverse. Unless this corruption occurs in the first place, we don't really need to worry about Sonic or anyone else powergaming their way to victory, I think.

The only way they would potentially program their way to victory is basically in the context that has already been shown. World is messed with to where he has disadvantage, he rearranges it back to normal to where the disadvantage is gone. He doesnt then turn around and do like the bad guy would and reprogram it to where the bad guy never existed. If this were Shadow or Knuckles of course, things would be different, since they would happily do that. The fact that in some of the hypothetical futures, Knuckles is the one that kills Eggman. Plus in another old issue, Shadow clearly says, that Sonic is held to a  higher  standard when it comes to his enemies, but Shadow isn't held to that standard and thus would elimiate the threat permanently if the chance were to occur.

Are there any 5-page previews yet? haven't seen any in the last couple of pages.

Well oh my god, Archie managed to digress in art with that cover.

Unless that's a fan cover (??)

Didn't you read the solict at all? its a guest artist as in not apart of the normal bunch.

Captain Metal barely even looks like Metal Sonic any more, but that's understandable given what SEGA told Ian.

Care to elaborate on that?

And yet, the nitpicky douche that is me must once again state that in Burning mode, Blaze loses the coloring on the tips of her "ponytail" (it's all solid pink) and that her cuffs are turned into fire. Like, nobody gets this right! XD It's Super Silver all over again!

You may now continue your comic discussion.

It is a preview cover 'Slash, you can allways tell the cover artist over at DeviantART the flaws and they can do some quick changes.

Another changed Digest. This particular issue was supposed to focus on the families of Sonic and the Freedom Fighters.

I have no idea what a Genesis issue and a Sonic vs Shadow fight have to do with family.

Maybe it's nothing like that and Yardley! just wanted to focus on Blaze on the first issue? Or maybe it's a question of internal politics and nothing to do with SEGA Characters- maybe Yardley! suggested adding Amy and cream in to add more supporting cast and remove clutter from the reintroduction arc in the main comic.

What kind of has my ears at pinpoint is the fact that Amy and the other cast seem to be shoehorned into the cover of SU#58. I can understand having them on the cover of SU#55 since that's more like an introductory role call. But at the very end, when they likely don't need introducing to the readers since they followed the prior arc issues, and with Burning Blaze as the focus? Why?

Well, that's in addition to other slight things, but those at least can be explained by other things.

Edited by VEDJ-F

The demigod response is all fine and well, its the accessibility of said response that makes Sonic's predicament a little bit more unique. In order to utilize Titan Tails, the fox would have to first round up every single incarnation of himself across every single dimension. Not only is that feasibly impossible due to the infinite nature of multiverses (unless the writer says so of course), but for that reason its essentially off the table. At no point in time can the cast of heroes decide that TitanTails is a reasonable or possible response to a current threat. Its not something they can pull out of thin air when they need it. There is a giant plot obstacle in the way barring access to such power. He couldn't powergame if he wanted too.

I can't believe I'm about to hand a positive over to Titian Tails but that is quality writing. Clearly that kind of power has no place in the comics in such an accessible manner. So by the nature of the transformation, Tails was written into a corner, essentially barring him from tapping into it for a second or third time.

Sonic on the other-hand, feasibly has no such plot restrictions. Which is why his access to this kind of power is a problem.

We know he can never truly "lose" but over the course of his war with various villains, the thing that makes it exciting and gripping are the losses he suffers along the way. He can lose friends (like Tommy) and he can lose places (like Knothole or Freedom HQ). Sure, at the end of the day he'll come out on top, that much is assured, however how much he has to sacrifice in order to make it to the end, and how happy of an ending will be awaiting him upon arrival is the whole point of the comic. Enter this unchecked, uninhibited, reality warping power and all that goes right out the window. We could still sit back and enjoy the ride of the comic series, however knowing full well the ace he has in his back pocket, Sonic never again will have to worry about sacrifice. He'll never have to feel the full weight of failure. He'll never have to shoulder the unspeakable burdens of a planet because in the end, he has the power, and the intentions to restore what he has lost.

Whatever hardships he faces along the way are essentially muted by that kind of ability. It is overkill to give Sonic access to such power. Sonic is intriguing because of that never say die attitude and his uncanny ability to find hope and continue on where there is none. Simply spurred forward by his belief in himself and the friends at his side. This power robs him of that quality. In his darkest hour, no matter how bad a situation may get, there is going to be the same potential solution to every problem. He won't have to make his own hope or fall back on his ego. He'll know and we'll know that if all else fails, he can just hit the reset button.

That is criminally against everything the comic has built up.

And while Ian is a tad more reserved in this department... and I stress tad (he has fired off 4 Gen waves in what... 25 issues?) reality bending power is kind of a common theme in the comics. Several Enerjak's did it, Mogul did it, Tails did it, the Ultimate Annihilator did it, Chaos Knuckles does it - in several incarnations, inter-dimentional beings do it...

The only difference is that these reality benders no longer have that capability - save for Feist who is a god at this point and Knuckles (whom's power is currently dormant).

The way Sonic explains his interactions with the Genesis wave leads me to believe that its little more than an uber-advanced version of Chaos Control (which would explain why controlling chaos energy would be enough to revert its effects). Snivly also pointed out that the presence of Super Sonic at the origin point of a wave has an increasingly proportionate effect to the stability of reality.

Something about Sonic clearly garnishes him with an additional ability to alter reality. If anything, Sonic is a pretty clear catalyst to reality shifting, rather than simply undo-ing Eggman's damage.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 2

Again, that may all be, but I think it makes more sense that Sonic was only reestablishing what Eggman broke and that anyone else, Super Shadow, Super Knuckles, whatever, could do the same- all it takes is a Chaos Control strong enough to revert what Eggman did, and it's easy to make such a Chaos Control when Eggman took the care to rip out reality via Chaos energies.

Something about Sonic clearly garnishes him with an additional ability to alter reality. If anything, Sonic is a pretty clear catalyst to reality shifting, rather than simply undo-ing Eggman's damage.

Fair points all around, but I don't think we need to worry too much about the issue. Sonic has only rewritten reality twice, and it was when he had no choice as he had to undo the rewriting done by a madman. The only thing Sonic really cheated was going back before the Wave to save Sally from her death, but otherwise he did not change a thing.

So while this power looks incredible... at the end of the day it has a very specific clause: reality has to be broken already. Reality is basically a cube, yes? When Eggman uses a Wave, he turns it more akin to liquid; it loses its solid state and can be freely molded. Sonic in both cases has molded it back into a cube and turned it back into that solid cube it was before. Someone must first melt the "cube" of reality before he can refreeze it.

Now, that's not to say Super Sonic couldn't learn to warp reality a la Enerjak or Feist or something with time and skill, but I think it's been established Sonic doesn't really like using his Chaos abilities, considering them Shadow's thing.

Now. If only SEGA had the guts to introduce an alternate Sonic with Dark Enerjak levels of skill and power... I can dream, at least.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice
  • Thumbs Up 2

Another changed Digest. This particular issue was supposed to focus on the families of Sonic and the Freedom Fighters.

I have no idea what a Genesis issue and a Sonic vs Shadow fight have to do with family.

It doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I figured you already knew that.

Its SEGA butting their fat noses in again sleep.png

Edited by goku262002

Fair points all around, but I don't think we need to worry too much about the issue. Sonic has only rewritten reality twice, and it was when he had no choice as he had to undo the rewriting done by a madman. The only thing Sonic really cheated was going back before the Wave to save Sally from her death, but otherwise he did not change a thing.

So while this power looks incredible... at the end of the day it has a very specific clause: reality has to be broken already. Reality is basically a cube, yes? When Eggman uses a Wave, he turns it more akin to liquid; it loses its solid state and can be freely molded. Sonic in both cases has molded it back into a cube and turned it back into that solid cube it was before. Someone must first melt the "cube" of reality before he can refreeze it.

Now, that's not to say Super Sonic couldn't learn to warp reality a la Enerjak or Feist or something with time and skill, but I think it's been established Sonic doesn't really like using his Chaos abilities, considering them Shadow's thing.

Now. If only SEGA had the guts to introduce an alternate Sonic with Dark Enerjak levels of skill and power... I can dream, at least.

I'm guesing scourge will be as close as you'll ever get to having someone like that, since obviously they can't bring Fleetway or someone into the comic, at least not anymore since the raw red emeralds are no longer floating around out there. Going down that route would likely just end up getting them in trouble anyway, since everyone would then start whining about people trying to copy from the other comic about an evil sonic like that, that isn't acting the way scourge acts.

Like Ogilvie, I think he only REALLY has that power freely when Eggman has messed with reality, it's like...you can't make a puzzle that's already been made, but along comes Eggman and messes up the puzzle, so Sonic has to remake it.

Also Sonic may have the ability to turn Super by using various means but he never uses it needlessly, heck he went to face Eggman alone during the final siege and didn't being the emeralds, he only ever really uses them for something he has failed to beat a couple of times, or is exceedingly powerful

It doesn't have anything to do with anything, but I figured you already knew that.

Its SEGA butting their fat noses in again sleep.png

OOGA BOOGA BOOGA EE-FI-FO-FUM

BIG MEANIE SEGA GONNA GET YA

UNDER THE BED

UNDER THE SINK

DON'T LOOK BACK YOU'RE ON THE BRINK OF

SANITY AND REALITY

COS BIG MAN SEGA'S GONNA FUCK SHIT UP

IN IT'S TOTALITY

AND REV UP THOSE TEARS START UP THE FAN FICTION

FOR THE COMIC IS RUINED AND SEGA'S ON A MISSION

YOUR CHILDHOOD IS GONE BUT NOSTALGIA FILLS THEIR POCKETS

SO MAYBE YOU'D DO BEST TO STOP READING GO OUTSIDE DO BOTTLE ROCKETS

take it mc knuckles

250px-Knuckles_the_Echidna_picture.gif

"This is Knuckles

I fear none

It's real deal when it comes to my name, kid"

Word.

EDIT: Tl;dr- other companies also alter their comics after the solicits are out and they don't have SEGA. Or did SEGA buy Marvel when I wasn't checking? This is normal editorial procedure.

Edited by Captain Harlock
  • Thumbs Up 6

Also Sonic may have the ability to turn Super by using various means but he never uses it needlessly, heck he went to face Eggman alone during the final siege and didn't being the emeralds, he only ever really uses them for something he has failed to beat a couple of times, or is exceedingly powerful

I mean heck, near the end of the Genesis arc, he said that Chaos Control was Shadow's thing. Presumably he feels that way about all Chaos powers...

Useful as a super form is, it in and of itself is also a Chaos ability. It makes sense for him to not want to use it either.

I think he's content to let Shadow be the one who cheaply pulls out incredible power at the drop of the hat; all Sonic needs is his feet if he wants to win.