Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Personally I wonder where Thrash sent them all.

My mind can't help but imagine some sort of gruesome grinder on the other side or something. We've already touched on genocide once in the comic, why not twice?

However, Thrash strikes me as that misguided anti-villain rather than a complete and utter monster. So I presume he probably threw them into the Twilight Cage or something similar. Effective genocide without blood being on his hands. Best of both worlds.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Personally I wonder where Thrash sent them all.

My mind can't help but imagine some sort of gruesome grinder on the other side or something. We've already touched on genocide once in the comic, why not twice?

However, Thrash strikes me as that misguided anti-villain rather than a complete and utter monster. So I presume he probably threw them into the Twilight Cage or something similar. Effective genocide without blood being on his hands. Best of both worlds.

Thrash really isnt a bad guy. He just did a bad thing for (in his mind) good reasons.

Thrash really isnt a bad guy. He just did a bad thing for (in his mind) good reasons.

Don't all bad guys do that though? No one really thinks "Oh man, this is going to be SO evil. Mwa haha!"

Anyone else notice Sonic mention places that are from gameverse but not seen in the comicverse until then? Upon arriving in Megaman's city he lists off nearly all city stages guessing where he is... do you think Archie's trying to make their world fit to be a bit more like gameverse?

No. Sonic #251 just came out two weeks ago. Although, Sonic Universe #55 may be hitting mailboxes today.

I'm waiting for Mega Man #28 to hit YouTube...I wish Archie would set up shop in Britian...

I'm waiting for Mega Man #28 to hit YouTube...I wish Archie would set up shop in Britian...

Funny, I thought Archie's books were available in the UK... Have you tried digital comics services like comiXology? I'm not sure if their license only covers certain regions (like Hulu), but it wouldn't hurt to check...

Actually, I did just find this after a quick Google search about comiXology in the UK... Just thought you'd like to know.

Funny, I thought Archie's books were available in the UK... Have you tried digital comics services like comiXology? I'm not sure if their license only covers certain regions (like Hulu), but it wouldn't hurt to check...

Actually, I did just find this after a quick Google search about comiXology in the UK... Just thought you'd like to know.

Forbidden Planet has them; however, there's only 15 stores all across the entirety of the British Isles with only 2 on Ireland (Republic and Northern) and 3 in Scotland, meaning if you don't live in one of the 15 major cities then you're screwed and have to travel usually 50 - 150 miles to get to said store or have to put up with heightened prices to get it shipped out.

Here's them on the .com website, but they're not on the .co.uk one: http://forbiddenplanet.com/?q=Archie+Sonic

hmmm, so the next universe is out? then cant wait to see Bark and Bean's new adventures XD though still wondering where nack is...

Sooo….

I’ve got a question about Sonic and his ability to set things right following a Genesis wave via Chaos Control.

He explained it as willing things back to the way they should be, which knowing how the Genesis wave works requires him to re-write the reality of his universe in one swoop. It seems to be an effective tactic (we know it worked at least once) so my question is if Sonic were to get enough chaos energy on tap (*cough*SuperSonic*cough*MasterEmerald*cough) would he be theoretically able to create his own version of the Genesis wave? Simply by spiking a Chaos Control?

If Sonic had the ability to revert a wave by re-writing the laws of time space, shouldn’t he also have the ability to create his own wave as well? It’s a horrible macguffin tactic, and puts Archie Sonic in yet another league of "Jesus Christ that guy is overpowered", but seriously is that what the comics are implying?

Edited by Sega DogTagz

The idea is that the Genesis Wave is the Sonic X Chaos Control, souped up. So when Sonic is himself Super'd up, makes sense his Chaos Control'd be able to affect it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The idea is that the Genesis Wave is the Sonic X Chaos Control, souped up. So when Sonic is himself Super'd up, makes sense his Chaos Control'd be able to affect it.

I have no problem with CC being the solution to a problem however in the way it seems to be depicted it looks like Super Sonic can flat out re-write the rules of the universe. That's too much power.

If he has THAT kind of power at his finger tips... then he'd be capable of anything. It would be a worse drag on future plots than time traveling would have been had 06 not erased everyone's knowledge of the ability. Every time anything of note happens, Sonic could just Genesis wave it back to making things all better.

Unless he's doing irreplaceable harm to timespace - there is nothing stopping him from solving all his problems with the flick of a wrist.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda assumed it works for sonic because of Eggman wreaking havoc with the time space continuum, if Eggman hadn't messed with it I imagine Super wouldn't have such powers, therefore it's only able to be used when Eggman he's done something like this that kinda rewrites the t/s continuum.

I always kinda figure Super Sonic's not acting, he's reacting. Eggman's the one who destroyed the entire continuum and caused everything to be on flux, Sonic can fix it.

I have no problem with CC being the solution to a problem however in the way it seems to be depicted it looks like Super Sonic can flat out re-write the rules of the universe. That's too much power.

If he has THAT kind of power at his finger tips... then he'd be capable of anything. It would be a worse drag on future plots than time traveling would have been had 06 not erased everyone's knowledge of the ability. Every time anything of note happens, Sonic could just Genesis wave it back to making things all better.

Unless he's doing irreplaceable harm to timespace - there is nothing stopping him from solving all his problems with the flick of a wrist.

This is a little off topic, but this reminds me of what David the Lurker over at Sonic Retro thought up when he was reviewing Mobius 25 Years Later. The whole time disruption thing in that story could have been linked back all the way to the Ultimate Annihilator if it was written better.

On topic: Harlock's onto something as it being a reaction to Eggman's shenanigans. Eggy's just setting himself up for failure.

So Sonic 251 is out? That's the first one after the crossover right?

Nah. #251 is the end of the crossover. It's out now yes, but #252 is the beginning of the aftermath.

Nah. #251 is the end of the crossover. It's out now yes, but #252 is the beginning of the aftermath.

Alright cool. I still got time to subscribe........

This is a little off topic, but this reminds me of what David the Lurker over at Sonic Retro thought up when he was reviewing Mobius 25 Years Later. The whole time disruption thing in that story could have been linked back all the way to the Ultimate Annihilator if it was written better.

On topic: Harlock's onto something as it being a reaction to Eggman's shenanigans. Eggy's just setting himself up for failure.

Dude, thanks to all this Gen wave shenanigans, a little backtracking in the writing could link that 25 yrs ltr event to abusing time space in the present thusly preventing both Sonic and Eggman from returning to the usage of the wave for fear of collapsing reality...

problem solved on multiple levels right there.

If Super Sonic can fight off gods, I wouldn't find it hard to believe he could find a way to rewrite the laws of reality. I mean the Emeralds themselves can do it when you make unique use of them, so Super Sonic being powered by them and changing reality isn't too far fetched to me.