Awoo.

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Marcello

I'd do all three of them

:|

(Nice art too)

EDIT:

the SSB cast is really lacking on the lady side. All it has is Peach, Zelda, Samus, Nana, and Marth.

>lady side

>Marth

whatthefuckamireading.jpg

Edited by Noir
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, those are some beautiful artworks. I hope othe Pit artwork or a similiar one gets on the cover. I don't want CGI cover stuff :-/...

Holy shit I have not seen this art before.

Can I just say they look fucking awesome.

I'd also like to say that I've been supporting "Palutena for SSB4" for quite a while xD the SSB cast is really lacking on the lady side. All it has is Peach, Zelda, Samus, Nana, and Marth. :(

xD

Wow, those are some beautiful artworks. I hope othe Pit artwork or a similiar one gets on the cover. I don't want CGI cover stuff :-/...

Agreed. CGI art has gotten so generic/boring/redundant. I wish we'd see more pretty drawings.

Especially the mock up boxart for Metroid Other M. I love Metroid, and I love Japanese things, but it's got almost 0 artistic direction, it makes me feel a bit sick the longer I look at it.

I'd also like to say that I've been supporting "Palutena for SSB4" for quite a while xD the SSB cast is really lacking on the lady side. All it has is Peach, Zelda, Samus, Nana, and Marth. :(

Right-o then, we need to set up a Palutena fan club as well as a Rosalina fan club. 'k? ;)

Also lol at Marth being a girl.

• Thumbs Up 1

Old art is old to me. This was out the day the game was announced.

But it is pretty damn cool. I'd say I like Medusa's redesign the most. Not because it's a personal favorite, but because it is easily the biggest upgrade. Anyone else remember what she looked like in the original game's art?

medusa_kid_icarus.jpg

She looked like the swamp-monster with curly hair and a pink moo-moo.

Edited by The Soldier

Right-o then, we need to set up a Palutena fan club as well as a Rosalina fan club. 'k? ;)

I am so there.

Old art is old to me. This was out the day the game was announced.

I know, but a lot of art revealed at E3 doesn't really get posted on the sites I visit, so I missed it xD

I'd say I like Medusa's redesign the most. Not because it's a personal favorite, but because it is easily the biggest upgrade. Anyone else remember what she looked like in the original game's art?

medusa_kid_icarus.jpg

She looked like the swamp-monster with curly hair and a pink moo-moo.

She didn't really look like Medusa.

But then again it's not supposed to be an exact replica of Greek lore anyway.

Sp is Medusa out for revenge? Why? She should be happy! Look at her a before and after! Now she's hot. Though I wouldn't get near her. I'm scared of snakes :(

I know, but a lot of art revealed at E3 doesn't really get posted on the sites I visit, so I missed it xD

She didn't really look like Medusa.

But then again it's not supposed to be an exact replica of Greek lore anyway.

I know, I know. It has so little to do with Greek legend that it makes God of War look extremely accurate.

I'd be on-board for allowing Palutena into the next Smash Bros game too, but Pit's Final Smash would have to change. When I heard he was in Brawl, I assumed it had something to do with the 3 treasures he spent the whole game collecting and used in the last level- it would probably be s a lot like Yoshi's Super Dragon move.

You know who I'd like to see in the next Smash Bros though? That Ganondorf guy. They went three games without having him.

Edited by The Soldier

Sp is Medusa out for revenge? Why? She should be happy! Look at her a before and after! Now she's hot. Though I wouldn't get near her. I'm scared of snakes :(

Leaked story info:

"Medusa is back - and this time, she's relatively attractive! Having ditched her "fat old hag with a pink dress" look from the classic days, Medusa set out to beat the gorgeous Palutena at the Miss Olympus beauty contest. However, despite her makeover, Medusa still could not win and Palutena was crowned Miss Olympus for the umpteenth year in a row. In a fit of rage, Medusa has sent forth her minions to seek revenge and overturn the result. Pit, being Palutena's greatest admirer, will stop at nothing to ensure his one true love stays in the number one spot".

Or something like that.

*demands a high-paid job writing game scripts*

• Thumbs Up 3

kid-icarus-1.jpg

lol, the only one I somewhat like(beside th eone from Nintendo) is the second from right ^^. I don't understand why fans would like Pit to look like that, though :-/

By the way, Palutena is too poor to afford 2 socks.

What is this Olympus? I ONLY KNOW OF ANGEL LAND

. I don't understand why fans would like Pit to look like that, though :-/

Because they suck.

Edited by The Soldier

Leaked story info:

"Medusa is back - and this time, she's relatively attractive! Having ditched her "fat old hag with a pink dress" look from the classic days, Medusa set out to beat the gorgeous Palutena at the Miss Olympus beauty contest. However, despite her makeover, Medusa still could not win and Palutena was crowned Miss Olympus for the umpteenth year in a row. In a fit of rage, Medusa has sent forth her minions to seek revenge and overturn the result. Pit, being Palutena's greatest admirer, will stop at nothing to ensure his one true love stays in the number one spot".

Or something like that.

*demands a high-paid job writing game scripts*

HOLY SHIT, IS THIS TRUE?!!!!1ONE?

HOLY SHIT, IS THIS TRUE?!!!!1ONE?

No it's not. He's joking.

Edited by The Soldier

What is this Olympus? I ONLY KNOW OF ANGEL LAND

I'm not familiar with the lore of Kid Icarus, so I'm just going by what I know of Greek Mythology.

Palutena is a goddess, the gods live on Olympus... yeah. THERE IS LOGIC.

@MarcelloF: You actually thought my "story" was real? Haha! I'm better at this than I thought. Even more reason for someone to give me a high-paid job writing game scripts. :P

I know you were joking MK, but in the real story is Palutena Pit's love? I thought she was his boss, so to say :-/ I don't really know the story of the other 2 games anymore...

I know you were joking MK, but in the real story is Palutena Pit's love? I thought she was his boss, so to say :-/ I don't really know the story of the other 2 games anymore...

If you get the best possible ending in the original story, Pit will grow up into a MAN ICARUS or something, and Palutena kisses him, since she realizes that she can't live out her sicko pedophile fantasies.

I made it sound dirtier than it is, but you get the point.

Again, I'm not familiar with Kid Icarus so I wouldn't know. It was either Pit fancying Palutena (and let's face it, who'd blame him?) or Pit being some random security guy at the beauty contest who demands justice be served or something. I went with the former. Seemed more plausible. ;)

Anyway, I hope that friggin' Eggplant Wizard isn't as much of a pain in this game. From what I've heard about the original game if you get turned into an eggplant by him it's a real annoyance.

Anyway, I hope that friggin' Eggplant Wizard isn't as much of a pain in this game. From what I've heard about the original game if you get turned into an eggplant by him it's a real annoyance.

Annoyance? That's quite the understatement.

They only appear in dungeons, which are fucking insane. While all of these dungeons have linear paths through them, they have tons of rooms that take you to shops or healing springs, or just waste your time. I see them compared to Zelda, but they're more like mazes than anything. Should you encounter a Wizard, you can't afford to get hit even once because once you're turned into the eggplant the only possible way to turn back is to run through the labyrinth to a specific room with an oracle(or a nurse) in it. You can't use your bow or the hammer, so you can't do anything at all but run. Even if you know where the nurse is, getting there is one of the most grueling things in the game since there are hordes of enemies and you can only hope to run away.

I would always recommend exiting a room when you see an Eggplant Wizard, then continually re-entering it until they're shooting their eggplants high into the air, making them much easier to dodge.

Oh, and to Hades with Palutena, Medusa's hotter anyway. XP

WHAT IS THIS HADES? I ONLY KNOW OF THE UNDERWORLD-okay fuck it.

Edited by The Soldier

If there was ever a game to make me want a 3DS day one it would be this. TBH I thought his was a Wii title until today(okay, a DLC Wii title but a Wii game none the less). Oh, and to Hades with Palutena, Medusa's hotter anyway. XP

Wow, I'm surprised how little Palutena's design seems to have changed :o I mean it's just a small NES sprite, but it looks alot like today's design :o

Oh, and thanks for answetring my questions guys..

Wow, I'm surprised how little Palutena's design seems to have changed :o I mean it's just a small NES sprite, but it looks alot like today's design :o

You don't mess with perfection, that's why ;)

[/palutenaobsession]

• Thumbs Up 1

I really wish MK's storyline was the real one, I'd love that!

Everything else sounds cool too but I mean, waging a war over losing a beauty contest? Awesome.

Does anyone know who drew the artworks? The artstyle seems very familiar.

Oh, and what do you guys think about multiple endings in this game? I'm not really sure. I like them, because they give you a reason to play through again, but I also like a clear ending to the story, so you don't have to guess which is the true ending, like in say Star Fox Command...

Does anyone know who drew the artworks? The artstyle seems very familiar.

Oh, and what do you guys think about multiple endings in this game? I'm not really sure. I like them, because they give you a reason to play through again, but I also like a clear ending to the story, so you don't have to guess which is the true ending, like in say Star Fox Command...

Normal Ending: Pit defeats Medusa. Palutena is pleased.

Good Ending: Pit defeats Medusa. Palutena rewards him with a kiss.

Best Ending: Pit defeats Medusa. Palutena *OMG CENSORED IN THREEEEEEEE-DEE!* (you must be 18 or over to view this ending)

• Thumbs Up 1