Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

I figure they'll add Waluigi just so they can have 4 Cruiser Characters. Don't know who they would use for the 4th Light and Medium racers.

It wasn't rushed. For a handheld its really good. Its a sequal to the DS. Not to the Wii one... Compare the DS to 3DS one? The cast is alot better. Otherwise, when the DS came out, no one complained about it. But hell, you compare the DS one to Double Dash? The cast on DD was so much better. So you have to look at it, from handheld to handheld, Not Wii down to handheld.

DS version had:

• Mission mode
  • Several battle options
  • A vs mode for single player

So even with your kind of ridiculous argument that it's a sequel to the DS game not the Wii one (which doesn't make the slightest bit of difference), MK7 is still missing features.

I figure they'll add Waluigi just so they can have 4 Cruiser Characters. Don't know who they would use for the 4th Light and Medium racers.

Diddy Kong could fill the Lightweight spot, he's not exactly light enough for Featherweight imo. Though I can't think of anyone to fill the 4th Medium spot

Diddy Kong could fill the Lightweight spot, he's not exactly light enough for Featherweight imo. Though I can't think of anyone to fill the 4th Medium spot

Drybones could be Feather. I'd be happy with him or Diddy tbh. But they'll probably go with Baby Mario.

Drybones could be Feather. I'd be happy with him or Diddy tbh. But they'll probably go with Baby Mario.

I was only stating the possible 4th candidates for Medium and Lightweights. But I think it would be cool if we could round them all to 5 for each weight type

My choices would be:

Feather: Dry Bones or Baby Mario

Light: Diddy Kong and Prof. E Gadd (he needs to be playable, at least once =P He could come with the Poltergiest kart from DS)

Medium: Bowser Jr. (I see him more as a medium) Still can't decide on a second

Cruiser: Waluigi and Hammer Bro? (All I can think of for Cruiser)

Heavy: Petey Piranha

As for vehicles I wouldn't mind seeing some of the vehicle parts from Mario Party 5's side game: http://www.mariowiki...5#Vehicle_Parts

Edited by Rawpowered

Guuuuh leave Diddy Kong out of my Mario games. 8C Hate that guy, he's not even a Mario character.

You can include him only if you start including exclusive characters from the Wario and Yoshi spin-offs too. Captain Syrup, Jimmy T, Mona all deserve a spot if Diddy Kong and... hell Funky Kong do.

Also yes I miss Mission Mode. =C I'm still hoping when they stop cycling competitions for Mario Kart Wii they'll unlock a menu where you can play them all freely.

Edited by JezMM

I'd figure the Fatass Honey Bee would contrast more with the games charm than Waluigi.

Edited by The Scarlet Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

>Waluigi is too creepy/clashed, thus he was left out

But... Waluigi Pinball is in the game, and there's giant artwork of him still present right before the start line... o_O

• Thumbs Up 1

>Waluigi is too creepy/clashed, thus he was left out

But... Waluigi Pinball is in the game, and there's giant artwork of him still present right before the start line... o_O

• Thumbs Up 1

>Discussion on potential DLC characters

>Ctrl+F

>"Birdo"

>0 results

Screw you guys. >:U

But honestly, if not Birdo then I'd like them to add the Gearmo or Whittle, (Which would have been better choices than that monstrosity in the first place) but then we'd have too many reps for Galaxy.

I'm all for Waluigi being in the game. Everyone in the /v/ Community will race as him, and it will be a glorious sight.

Guuuuh leave Diddy Kong out of my Mario games. 8C Hate that guy, he's not even a Mario character.

You can include him only if you start including exclusive characters from the Wario and Yoshi spin-offs too. Captain Syrup, Jimmy T, Mona all deserve a spot if Diddy Kong and... hell Funky Kong do.

Hahaha! I'm more than happy with the DK cast lumbering their way into Mario Kart. It just seems right. But then I can see just how hypocritical is is for me to want most of the Wario, Yoshi and Mario-RPG cast to keep their distance (wouldn't say no to Syrup though :P).

>Waluigi is too creepy

>Waluigi Pinball (which includes a giant Waluigi staring at your race) is present

fuck you too nintendo

For DLC, I think, if they plan on bringing in new characters they should focus on balancing the 5 character classes, so seeing as the feather and heavy classes each have 4 and the other 3 have 3 (Miis count as medium) it should be like this:

Feather: Dry Bones

Light: E. Gadd & Birdo

Medium: Bowser Jr. & Diddy Kong

Cruiser: Captain Syrup & Waluigi

Heavy: Petey Piranha

Plus it wouldn't change up the roster too much, seeing as there are 8 characters, so all they have to do is add two rows/columns and everything works out

I would go for some serious level trolling if Nintendo inserted an all-Waluigi race for DLC in retaliation to the fan outcry.

Everyone is Waluigi. All of the obsticles would wear Waluigi masks. The projectiles would be wearing Waluigi hats. The soundtrack would be Waluigi crooning off-key ala Wario World's pause screen.

And everyone wins, because they all cheat.

• Thumbs Up 8

If they really wanted to troll, instead of saying "3 2 1 GO!" it would say "Expecting a Race? TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME" and then the race just ends.

• Thumbs Up 5

Geeze, the item spamming in this game is so annoying. Getting in first place, then get hit by a blue shell, then a bomb. Get back into 1st place the next lap, get hit by another blue shell, then another bomb, the get sent to last place.

Was it ever this bad in MKDS or Wii? Cause I don't remember it being that bad.

Eh, you just got some bad luck I'm afraid. I mean I've had races when I've led from start to finish with minimal fuss.

It was WORSE in Mario Kart DS and Wii.

I thought Mario Kart DS was pretty balanced. O_o

I rarely got hit by anything else than the lightning or the blue shell and even those didn't show up too often. Mario Kart Wii on the other hand... dry.png

Tell you what DOES piss me off online, I swear due to the karts jumping around a bit because of lag I get RAMMED into the wall with all the force of a player driving DIRECTLY into me and that wall, before they then speed off, implying the game's AI was just moving them into the correct position they should be in but weren't due to lag. Happens way too often, especially after just being hit. The entire result may as well be a blue shell red shell pow block lightning combo all in a row.

Now that IS annoying, especially if you're a lightweight character. It happened to me quite a bit the last time I played in the Community.

Even if item spamming is nowhere near as bad as it was in MKDS and MKWW, it's still too much sometimes. You can be hit by one item, and then by another before you're able to start moving again. Or worse still, another driver will bash into you and send you flying off the track. It's really unfair, because you're utterly defenceless in those situations. There should be a few seconds of invincibility after you recover from a hit.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what is up with the red shells in this game. I have recently been hit many times by my own red shells after I've launched them forward. I either take a shortcut or use a mushroom after that and then my red shell suddenly starts to home in on me. I've never had this problem in any other Mario Kart and it's really starting to get annoying.