Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Apparently NoE translates things themselves instead of ripping NoA's English translation. NoA ripped NoE's Xenoblade Translation, though!

Apparently NoE translates things themselves instead of ripping NoA's English translation. NoA ripped NoE's Xenoblade Translation, though!

I'm sure NoA retranslated some stuff though. I've heard the NoE translation sides more closer to European culture. It also has the obvious "u" in words.

I do find it funny that they called it "Melody Motorway" when it has "MUSIC PARK" written everywhere. I do like the name Melody Motorway. It suits the fancy-ness of the track better.

"Maka Wuhu" for Wuhu Mountain Loop though... what does that even mean?

Edited by JezMM

I do find it funny that they called it "Melody Motorway" when it has "MUSIC PARK" written everywhere. I do like the name Melody Motorway. It suits the fancy-ness of the track better.

"Maka Wuhu" for Wuhu Mountain Loop though... what does that even mean?

Google tells me that's simply what it was called in Wii Sports Resort.

Another question. Why did they get rid of Boos as items? It made sense as a way of keeping MKW from being even more crazy with 12 racers, but not it just feels like they should be back in 7.

Google tells me that's simply what it was called in Wii Sports Resort.

Another question. Why did they get rid of Boos as items? It made sense as a way of keeping MKW from being even more crazy with 12 racers, but not it just feels like they should be back in 7.

Oh, yeah I really miss Boos. They're actually really relevant in the DS games too since you can see which items other players have, so can use your Boo when someone else has an item you want, or quickly use a precious item while you can if someone else has a Boo - a lot more strategically than using it as a quick form of invulnerability or, if that isn't necessary, just randomly and hope for the best.

The fake item boxes are gone as well.

I prefer the American titles for the Wuhu courses and Koopa/Neo Bowser City

Europe for everything else.

Piranha Plant Pipeway sounds so much better.

D= I didn't even notice the fakes boxes were gone! They seem like unnecessary cuts.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh wow, I totally didn't noticed the Fake item boxes were gone either. Yeah I definitely miss the Boo item too, as to why that wasn't in the Wii game with all the chaos going on, I don't know.

But I'm glad they got rid of that Lighting Cloud, I absoluely hated, HATED that item.

As for the naming of Track courses, I'm mostly for the U.S version for Neo Bowser City, Cheep Cheep Lagoon and Wario Shipyard, but also like the EU's Melody Motorway and Piranha Plant Pipeway (or P.P.P for short)

As for the names of Rock Rock Mountain and Alpine Pass, I like'em both.biggrin.png

Edited by Dantemustdie00

And I'm too lazy to turn my 3DS on to get it. Nah, I'm yanking your chain.

64-8368-2641-3135

Thanks a lot...joined! Can't wait to play a game with you lot :)

So yeah! I got the game. Had it for a while, and I love it! These - to me - are some of the best course in a while. I love Shy Guy Bazaar, Music Park, Daisy Hills, Piranha Plant Silde, Wario Shipyard, Rosalina's Ice World and - last but not least - Neo Bowser City. I LOVE this Rainbow Road, but how epic it is, I feel it goes without saying. I mean, it's awesome who it test you on almost every hazard in the game.

Unlike Mario Kart Wii, I actually give a crap about these Retro Courses. Glad to see Mushroom Gorge, SNES Rainbow Road, Kalimari Desert, Airship Fortress and Waluigi Pinball return.

My best combination so far would be the Bumble V-Wood Tires-Paraglider/Swooper. Acceleration, baby. Love it. I usually use Yoshi(duh!), Daisy, Luigi, Shy Guy or Metal Mario.

Edited by Captain Viridian

Just to reiterate to everyone playing in the community

Don't take the glitch shortcut in Maka Wuhu/Wuhu Mountain.

The point of the community is that we can play a fun game with each other and not have to worry about other idiots on the worldwide settings. You're just ruining the game for everyone else involved.

Ninja'd. Great minds think alike, Crow!

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5

Has anyone posted this up yet?

http://www.screwatta...py-mario-kart-7

Aparently Waluigi was booted because it contrasted with the game's charm considering his creepiness. I say it was because the game was rushed. So this leaves the question - why leave Wario and Bowser in if they felt only Waluigi "clashed" with the overall feeling of the charm?

Speculations are also arising that DLC content might include Waluigi, so happy day for me if this becomes true.

Edited by Kintobor

Has anyone posted this up yet?

http://www.screwatta...py-mario-kart-7

Aparently Waluigi was booted because it contrasted with the game's charm considering his creepiness. I say it was because the game was rushed. So this leaves the question - why leave Wario and Bowser in if they felt only Waluigi "clashed" with the overall feeling of the charm?

Speculations are also arising that DLC content might include Waluigi, so happy day for me if this becomes true.

...What. Did. Nintendo. Just. Do.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's no secret that MK7 was rushed. Culled cast list, nerfed battle mode, poor single player options. This is just a bullshit excuse. Though, they did the important thing about got online (mostly) right.

Edited by Blue Blood

It's no secret that MK7 was rushed. Culled cast list, nerfed battle mode, poor single player options. This is just a bullshit excuse. Though, they did the important thing about got online (mostly) right.

It wasn't rushed. For a handheld its really good. Its a sequal to the DS. Not to the Wii one... Compare the DS to 3DS one? The cast is alot better. Otherwise, when the DS came out, no one complained about it. But hell, you compare the DS one to Double Dash? The cast on DD was so much better. So you have to look at it, from handheld to handheld, Not Wii down to handheld.

• Thumbs Up 1

It wasn't rushed. For a handheld its really good. Its a sequal to the DS. Not to the Wii one... Compare the DS to 3DS one? The cast is alot better. Otherwise, when the DS came out, no one complained about it. But hell, you compare the DS one to Double Dash? The cast on DD was so much better. So you have to look at it, from handheld to handheld, Not Wii down to handheld.

Hard to make that argument considering this game is called Mario Kart 7.

I'm not disappointed in the game, though. I just think its silly to expect less from a handheld kart racing game than from a console one, considering the technology we have nowadays.

Even though I am pissed with the fact that they're not doing DLC with MK7, It was a smart move to rush it, They needed MK7 to come out last year, and it really helped the 3DS.

over 4.6 million units sold, still counting

Mario Kart 7 is getting DLC.

http://n4g.com/news/929550/nintendo-talks-nintendo-network-and-dlc-for-mario-kart-7/com