Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Right I've played it some more and now I'm in two minds about the game. It feels incomplete. Battle mode once again has a forced time limit and isn't a game of last man standing, there's absolutely no form of quick race (in MKDS I love playing with random level selections), the menus are bare bones with no way to track your coin progress, the coin system flat out sucks, the character selection is sorely lacking and the courses feel too simple. Everything that is there is polished to perfection, but there isn't a lot. This is definitely the easiest Mario Kart game ever. It's not particularly exciting. I'm actually quite disappointed. My initial impressions were so good as well.

(...) the menus are bare bones with no way to track your coin progress(...)

There is, go on the Mario Kart channel and click on the Mii Icon on the bottom left side.

There is, go on the Mario Kart channel and click on the Mii Icon on the bottom left side.

Nice of them to hide it away there. But there's still no way to see when you'll unlock new vehicle parts, right?

It will tell you how many coins you have. You generally get a new part for every 100 coins until you're around 2,000 something.

It will tell you how many coins you have. You generally get a new part for every 100 coins until you're around 2,000 something.

Really? the site I went on said you could get all of the parts other than the Gold Wheels through collecting coins. up to 20,000 coins.

Also, 150cc pisses me off >:U

Really? the site I went on said you could get all of the parts other than the Gold Wheels through collecting coins. up to 20,000 coins.

Also, 150cc pisses me off >:U

Same. I keep getting 2 stars. I'm not moving onto Mirror mode until I get 3 stars on every cup, damnit!

Same. I keep getting 2 stars. I'm not moving onto Mirror mode until I get 3 stars on every cup, damnit!

I can't even get 1 star on any of them but the first 2 D:

What is mirror mode anyways?

150cc

only all the courses are mirrored. Right is left and left is right, but you drive normally. Everything else is reversed, though.

It sounds like it, yeah. But I (at least in my case) miss much more shortcuts and stuff because you often start to drift on the wrong side or you drive to shortcuts which are normally on the left only to realize that they are on the right now, only because you are so used to it.

The 3DS is capable, but what's the problem with a glitchy shortcut? There was the exploitation in 64's rainbow road and no one clamored foul play.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 3DS is capable, but what's the problem with a glitchy shortcut? There was the exploitation in 64's rainbow road and no one clamored foul play.

Mario Kart 7 has online play, meaning more people play multiplayer nowadays.

Mario Kart 7 has online play, meaning more people play multiplayer nowadays.

And if it is as easy to exploit it from what I've seen, then where's the problem in everyone exploiting it?

And if it is as easy to exploit it from what I've seen, then where's the problem in everyone exploiting it?

It's no fun playing a racing game if you cut out a large chunk of a track.

I refuse to use that shortcut, even if everyone else is using it. I used it once and won, but felt dirty as muck afterwards. Honestly, this is the only truly disappointing thing about the game (although some more customisation into the Communities as well as a Community search feature wouldn't go amiss.)

Well then, keep playing in the community I guess. That's what they're good for, organizing a set of rules so nothing has to be exploited. Besides, PUGs are never fun.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Well then, keep playing in the community I guess. That's what they're good for, organizing a set of rules so nothing has to be exploited. Besides, PUGs are never fun.

No, you don't need a boost. Just power slide off the edge and hop as you do so.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

No, you don't need a boost. Just power slide off the edge and hop as you do so.

even so, as easily exploitable as it is, no one should do it. What's the point of playing a racing game when you're skipping more than half the level via "glitch?"

• Thumbs Up 1

even so, as easily exploitable as it is, no one should do it. What's the point of playing a racing game when you're skipping more than half the level via "glitch?"

Edited by Blue Blood

It's a pretty addicting game. Definitely one of my favorite games for the 3DS. It's better than Mario Kart DS. The controls are a bit better than the DS version. The controls are smooth, I guess.

The drift system is the one from MK Wii, which I prefer. You can still sort of snake in some spots but, it's not like you're going to be breaking your shoulder buttons anymore.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Haha, that Maka Wuhu track pisses me off, every God damn person in the server selects the track (or atleast two or three of them don't) and they all break the stage.

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, why do Nintendo insist on having different names for tracks and vehicles either side of the Atlantic? It seems all kinds of pointless.

• Thumbs Up 1