Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Yep, I did once see how it happened to me with the red shell. Just reminded me of Mario Kart 64. Ugh!

Also the Blue Shell can be really annoying. Especially, as some said, when you're mostly first place and then one Blue Shell ruins everything and throws you back to last place.

Got the game a few days ago and beat the 150cc races to get all the characters already, XD. I only have the Mushroom Cup 3 starred, but trying to work on the others. I actually hardly struggled honestly to beat all the 150cc races, just the last one that has original levels in it took me about 3 tries. I'm pretty concerned about getting 3 stars in all of them though, since getting 1st on all the races is X_x on 150cc. I'm not even sure if it unlocks anything worthwhile, or if anything at all. Does anyone else know?

Got the game a few days ago and beat the 150cc races to get all the characters already, XD. I only have the Mushroom Cup 3 starred, but trying to work on the others. I actually hardly struggled honestly to beat all the 150cc races, just the last one that has original levels in it took me about 3 tries. I'm pretty concerned about getting 3 stars in all of them though, since getting 1st on all the races is X_x on 150cc. I'm not even sure if it unlocks anything worthwhile, or if anything at all. Does anyone else know?

Not so sure, but from what I've seen from other websites where there are Hints, Cheats, and Codes, etc. There doesn't seem to be anything you unlock from getting Triple Stars on all the 150cc races.

And, I'm trying to join the community, but... I keep getting this;

SD Card Error.

Please check the data in

the Mario kart Channel.

Firstly, I dunno how to access the Mario Kart Channel, and secondly, help!

Not so sure, but from what I've seen from other websites where there are Hints, Cheats, and Codes, etc. There doesn't seem to be anything you unlock from getting Triple Stars on all the 150cc races.

And, I'm trying to join the community, but... I keep getting this;

SD Card Error.

Please check the data in

the Mario kart Channel.

Firstly, I dunno how to access the Mario Kart Channel, and secondly, help!

The Mario Kart Channel is that little tab underneath the Internet option, I'm guessing you need it before you can race in online communities

Also you don't unlock anything for getting 3 stars in every 150cc race, except a little indicator when online showing that you did show, ergo they're just for bragging rights.

• Thumbs Up 1

These races are really starting to piss me off, I mean almost everytime somebody sets off a thunderbolt, I almost automatically shout "WHO DONE THAT?!"

Where the FUCK is Waluigi.

Being replaced by the Bee version of the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Edited by Strange-Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 2

Like the others said, you don't need triple stars unless you're a perfectionist. However, getting at least one star for every cup on all 4 difficulties unlocks the golden wheels.

Like the others said, you don't need triple stars unless you're a perfectionist. However, getting at least one star for every cup on all 4 difficulties unlocks the golden wheels.

Oh, neat. After reading what the others said, I basically concluded with a "well fuck that," but I think I'll at least do that, since I've been curious as to what the last unlock was for the tires. Thanks~

The gold tires aren't bad but, I prefer Slick when it comes to speed boosting. They look pretty damn cool, though.

Anyone fancy a race at 9pm?

Also I now have a 2 star rating *dances*. 3 star would be too hard though!

Edited by HelenBaby

Okay, I've just noticed something;

With Streetpass, how do you determine if/ what ghost data is sent? I've had three Streetpass hits for the game for far, and of the three, only one actually sent me any ghost data. The other two only had a custom Grand Prix.

Holy shit,

I swear if one more person rams into me with a star ONE MORE TIME!

Other then that, I love the multiplayer in MK7, much better then MKwii's. Only thing I hate (this is more of a series problem too) is that MK7 is more of a luck based then skill based game. Though you can fix this by turning off all items, I wish they would've done something to balance things out more or something.

Holy shit,

Other then that, I love the multiplayer in MK7, much better then MKwii's. Only thing I hate (this is more of a series problem too) is that MK7 is more of a luck based then skill based game. Though you can fix this by turning off all items, I wish they would've done something to balance things out more or something.

Isn't that the case in most MK games if not all? Even with Snaking in Mario Kart DS, depending on how many people were in a race, luck is all you have

Isn't that the case in most MK games if not all? Even with Snaking in Mario Kart DS, depending on how many people were in a race, luck is all you have

Yep, a problem Mairo Kart's had since the beginning, yet I do not see Nintendo trying to do anything about it. It's pretty frustrating to be in first place for most of the race, then lose at the last second, just because someone got a lucky 7 and blue shell in a row.

Edited by Nintendoga

I can't remember who I was racing, but I literally rammed them with a star... They got saved from the bomb that then rotated into contact range and won by a very healthy margin... because I was having a stupid day, ^^

Yep, a problem Mairo Kart's had since the beginning, yet I do not see Nintendo trying to do anything about it. It's pretty frustrating to be in first place for most of the race, then lose at the last second, just because someone got a lucky 7 and blue shell in a row.

Guess you could always race in a community that uses nothing but Banana's or no items (if even possible) at all. I believe with MK7 you can item switch it to a certain extent

You can but, our Community has all items on because, honestly it's just for kicks. Despite how I sometimes get upset at E-25's trollish nature (at least I beat you when you were Ganondorf!), it's still a blast. If you're getting aggravated, just focus on acceleration. I go for balanced stats, myself. 4.25 Top speed and Acceleration with Shy Guy/Lakitu.

That reminds me of the race against LunarEdge and E-25 when one of them hit me with a Blue Shell right near the end, and we were all right behind one another. So much rage and hilarity at the same time.

Just got the game today and I'm really enjoying it. 60fps for a Mario Kart game. Is that a first? It's incredibly smooth, and looks gorgeous. The new courses are really great too. They feel less insane than anything from Double Dash onwards. Much more balanced and with more chances to find path off-shoots. It's great. Some of the music is really, really bad though. Like Daisy Hills. Bleh.

Just got the game today and I'm really enjoying it. 60fps for a Mario Kart game. Is that a first? It's incredibly smooth, and looks gorgeous. The new courses are really great too. They feel less insane than anything from Double Dash onwards. Much more balanced and with more chances to find path off-shoots. It's great. Some of the music is really, really bad though. Like Daisy Hills. Bleh.

Nah, all Mario Kart games since Double Dash have run in 60 FPS but, what's impressive about 7 is that it runs at 60 in 3D. No other game on the 3DS has been able to pull that off so far.