Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2010

Patticus

I wonder if Sony can beat that conference? That's the best Nintendo conference ever, the only thing that would have made it perfect is Zelda working correctly.

This conference failed because I didn't see to believe the power of 3DS. THEY MUST BE LIEING!!!

Do we actually know what the hardware power of the 3DS is?

Enough to play that Kid Icarus game, yeah.

That was an absolutely gobsmacking conference, a little disappointed with Kirby, but everything else (ESPECIALLY Donkey Kong) was unbeatable.

Seriously, my jaw hit the floor at the sheer awesomeness of DK.

I only heard the ending recap.

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?! When will us lowly losers who missed this live feed get to see it again? :(

I wonder if Sony can beat that conference? That's the best Nintendo conference ever, the only thing that would have made it perfect is Zelda working correctly.

Sony are probably going to look like major jackasses now, after that.

When does it start again?

Man, I really want to see what the 3DS is really like myself. I'm looking forward to seeing what the hands on report say.

That was an absolutely gobsmacking conference, a little disappointed with Kirby, but everything else (ESPECIALLY Donkey Kong) was unbeatable.

Seriously, my jaw hit the floor at the sheer awesomeness of DK.

I started hearing the music, then a tear fell.

I gotta say on another topic, the commercial for that new Transformers game is great...

IN OTHER NEWS, NINTENDO WON SO HARD. The comments on G4 are right: They had so much amazing stuff that even some of the best announcements were beaten! They could have shown half of that and been awesome!

So many awesome games, lots of things we've been waiting for, a GLORIOUS new handheld, and a fantastic line up for that! They're going to suck so much money out of me it's insane!

Enough to play that Kid Icarus game, yeah.

You mean that Kid Icarus game that may have been completely prerendered?

Guys...Nintendo didn't beat Microsoft this year....

THEY DESTROYED THEM.

Amen. =O Microsoft's was SO boring and a pain to watch.

Nintendo's on the other hand never bored me, there were TONS of exciting new games and new things to show off...

And when there were casual games revealed they didn't ever linger on them for too long. Now that's skills! X3

Awesome job Nintendo! Love you long time! ~<3

I would've liked to have seen a few more 3DS game trailers (they teased us with Mario and StarFox in that HILARIOUS Reggie v Bowser trailer, after all) and Zelda technical difficulties were a let-down but otherwise I loved that conference. Totally owned Microsoft.

The 3DS has everything I wanted from it - updated graphics, analogue control and tilt sensors. And Kid Icarus looks FUDGING AWESOME. I want one now, dammit!

Also, Reggie + 3DS + babes = best E3 conference finale ever. Fact.

That was pretty impressive, =3. Zelda looked great (aside it's hiccups), want DK, Kirby looks cute, Goldeneye looks like it could be fun if done right, glad I held off for a 3DS, and Icarus! The only thing this entire thing was missing for me was Star Fox. Though the small hint in the 3DS trailer was cool, I've really been wanting a Wii game if anything. Either way, Star Fox is always welcome, <3.

-Blur

This was a fantastic conference by Nintendo this year! Much, much better than last years, and especially 2008's. My only disappointment was that I wish there was way for them to better demo the 3DS on stage, but aside from the buggy gameplay on Zelda, Nintendo really came all out this year.

Edit: I just realized there weren't any chart and graphs and they didn't spend too long on the causal games. Sure, there was the usual marketing stuff, but naturally it would come with any conference. Well done, Nintendo!

Edited by Kevin

You mean that Kid Icarus game that may have been completely prerendered?

The crappy looking crosshair to me, implied not, but you may be right.

Yeah, so Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mario Sports Mix, Golden Sun, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Epic Mickey, Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country returns and KID FUCKMOTHERING ICARUS.

That kicks so much ass. It was excellent, bar the technical blunders with Zelda.

Good news for the hardcore Nintendo crowd.

No Star Fox or F-Zero means not good enough!

:(

And Epic Yarn was meh and gimmicky.

But other than that, this was Nintendo's best show in a loooong time.

DKC Returns. A bit disappointed that it's a side-scroller, but it looks completely brillant.

Other M is looking better.

3DS, while not as incredible as I'd hope, but definitely looks good.

Kid Icarus looks like a (cheesy) dream.

Epic Mickey is not quite as epic as the concept art lead one to believe, but looks pretty darn good regardless.

And of course, Skyward Sword. First I've been very interested in Zelda since 2004....totally called the delay though.

Sony's gonna have to bring the big guns. They definitely have a chance, but it's gonna be hard.

I'm kinda kicking myself right now for missing everything in the conference up until the end of the DK announcement. DX

Press conference of the forever. Nintendo came out swinging this time, and they kicked the shit out of everyone else so far. Let's see if Sony has the balls to do something about it.

To what, the DS? PSP?

Hardware power, the touch screen, etc.

Why not? Rockstar did it with GTA. Touch screen is not a barrier, if the 3D effect is only a side extra and not a gameplay extra, then whats to stop them?

Disagree. I despise nintendo and have found there efforts so far this gen, completely uninspiring, but I was actually drawn into this goddamn conference. The games looked impressive!!

Don't get me wrong, it was vastly superior to MS and their conferences last year. But other than Donkey Kong and the potential announcements of RE DS, MGS DS. Theres nothing here for me as a non nintendo fan. It all demands some kind of previous experience with Nintendo. I seriously had no clue who that Kid guy was. Metroid and Zelda to someone who hasn't played it looks like every other Zelda and metroid game. Goldeneye looked like dog vomit.... it did, had any effort gone into that.

Just about everything was a Nintendo IP. What was there for someone who wants to get interested into the Wii but with little history of Nintendo? My Wii is still on my desk and it's barely been used since Brawl came out. Other than Donkey Kong (Which did look fucking amazing), Sonic colours is the only thing thats making me consider buying a game for it since... well brawl.

3DS, we'll need to wait and see, just what is this 3D effect like? Is it just like another gimick that will produce shovelware by the bucket load, or will there be actual games build around it? Then theres the mystery price.

They'll probably do what they did last year and the year before... show a shit load of amazing games, but because they don't have the nostalgia factor or the history.... nobody will care.

Everything was wonderful but I still think the greatest part was the 3DS trailer.

Bowser kills Reggie. You don't beat it, you don't fucking beat it!

Oh yeah, it was a shame that Zelda Wii wasn't working very well on stage. D: But like I said MUCH earlier in this topic, they're bound to improve those controls for the release. The game isn't coming out till 2011!

Yeah that Kid Icarus game was honestly insane, at first I thought it was Wii, but then when they continued to explain that it was for the 3DS, I was in disbelief. Actually, I'm still in much disbelief. This is honestly incredible. Just what dimension are we going into?

ALSO, just imagine if something is tweaked with this 3D effect in which it causes seizures or opitcal hallucinations within children/and or a certain group of people? This seems so incredible that who knows? There may be some nasty side effect that'll happen once this thing goes public.