Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2010

Patticus

Uuuummm... okay... something I'm missing here... why are a lot of people referring to these 3DS remakes in such a way... As I recall, the ORIGINAL Ocarina of Time was 3D. What's so special about a remake for a handheld console, other than getting to play the game on the go?

Yes, Ocarina of Time was 3D. 3D as in 3D models. But it wasn't 3D as in pop out of the screen and see actual depth within the screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uuuummm... okay... something I'm missing here... why are a lot of people referring to these 3DS remakes in such a way... As I recall, the ORIGINAL Ocarina of Time was 3D.

When people talk about 3D on the 3DS, they're talking about how the game will pop out at you. (like with 3D glasses)

EDIT: ninja'd

Edited by gamerguy21

B-but I wanted Wind Waker...

Nah, this is pretty cool. Looking forward to the Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey stuff specifically. OoT and Lylat Wars are a nice bonus. I'm sure I saw a picture somewhere with Mario Galaxy (or something similar) on a 3DS, but I doubt that's real at this point. Maybe they'll surprise me, though.

On the Wii/DS side, still looking forward to Golden Sun, Metroid Other M and Zelda.

I'd rather have Majora's Mask, personally.

Considering the beginning maximum cart size (2GB, not Gb), they could probably fit both OoT and MM on one cart.

Not that they will, but it's nice to dream.

Much appreciated. It definitely assures me that the game won't cost me an arm and a leg, and that we might possibly see it sooner than the 3DS. :)

Was there any word on a release timeframe?

This has the best handheld lineup ever and it's not even out yet.

Please, everybody knows the VMU was the ultimate in handheld gaming. No other platform had you scrambling for batteries like that little guy. laugh.gif

Where was all this stuff at the conference though? I am sure that Nintendo could have scored some quick bonus points with the hardcore audience if they even so much as threw a few of these games around in name only.

Throw the gamers a bone here and there.

Edited by Gallia

Much appreciated. It definitely assures me that the game won't cost me an arm and a leg, and that we might possibly see it sooner than the 3DS. :)

Was there any word on a release timeframe?

They said it'd be out by the Holiday Season, if I remember correctly.

Hey does anyone know where I can watch the Nintendo conference again? For some reason all sites that say they host it are not playing it anymore, google does nothing either. Help me out here.

Hey does anyone know where I can watch the Nintendo conference again? For some reason all sites that say they host it are not playing it anymore, google does nothing either. Help me out here.

Try this. GT

Skip ahead to the 1 hour mark and it should be around the beggining of the show.

So after being gone since they showed off Zelda, wow Nintendo really brought it.

Let's see, More about Artoon's new game (That would be Oshima's company), New Kid Icarus (let's see if they can make this one less annoying to play), Epic Mickey is looking much better, KIRBYYYYYYYY!!, and the first Donkey Kong game to ever actually appeal to me.

Damn.

Edit: New Kid Icarus is basically copying Sin & Punishment, but they could do much worse.

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo's conference just blew me away. I mean they hit on all of the old nostalgic games that I still play to this day. Not to mention when they showed off the 3DS, I literally jumped out of my seat when I saw the system itself. Then when they showed the new Kid Icarus I was weeping for more information about the system.

Thanks to Nintendo, I now have a slew of games that I need to start to pre-order, and the first thing on my list is the new Golden Sun game. Man this year and early next year are going to kick ass!

Its like when the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP rivaled in the beginning of handheld wars.

Now, there is no comeback, NONE. Even if Sony put a capacitive touch screen and all the gimmicks they can imagine, it wouldn't match the power of the NINTENDUMENDO THREEE DEEE ESSSS.

/kid_syntax

I can't wait for SoulCalibur V now.

Edited by Squirtle

Its like when the Nintendo DS and Sony PSP rivaled in the beginning of handheld wars.

Now, there is no comeback, NONE. Even if Sony put a capacitive touch screen and all the gimmicks they can imagine, it wouldn't match the power of the NINTENDUMENDO THREEE DEEE ESSSS.

Can we let the masses see the 3D effects for themselves before we get carried away with things like that?

Nonetheless those are some dangerous words considering how fast technology grows these days.

Handheld technology is easier to predict, there are very finite size and power requirements that must be met. Sony has little recourse at this point.

Does anyone know what the shell feel likes on the 3DS. I want a smooth shell like the original DS. I hated the DSi's shell with a passion.

Edited by Iris

Does anyone know what the shell feel likes on the 3DS. I want a smooth shell like the original DS. I hated the DSi's shell with a passion.

From what I've seen it looks more like a DS/Lite texture, but obviously I can't say what it feels like. I don't think you've got much to worry about though.

In other news, PRICE AND RELEASE DATE NAOW NINTENDO! I DEMAND TO OWN THE 3DS AND ALL ITS AMAZING GAMES.

Handheld technology is easier to predict, there are very finite size and power requirements that must be met. Sony has little recourse at this point.

That isn't particularly true. As we don't know how much battery life the 3DS has, Sony could in fact have a very wide berth when it comes to how powerful they want to make the system.

That isn't particularly true. As we don't know how much battery life the 3DS has, Sony could in fact have a very wide berth when it comes to how powerful they want to make the system.

Miyamoto has said he wants to atleast match the battery life of the DSi, he mentioned that at his Roundtable. Just fyi :P

I must be the only one here that didn't care much for Kid Icarus. First one wasn't really great, Pit's popularity nowadays comes from Brawl. Not feeling the nth OoT portmake either.

But an ALL NEW Paper Mario RPG?

buyfordollarmain.jpg

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Not to mention a few promising third party titles. Now the question is, bite the bullet early or wait for the inevitable 3DS Lite with several fixes and improvements? Let's see the price first.

• Thumbs Up 1