Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2010

Patticus

Alright so I've calmed down a bit (I'm still amazed that they completely exceeded my expectations which were high already, and THEN some) so here's my thoughts on everything.

Zelda: Skyward Sword - The art style is just wow, not expected at all. I would like something more along the lines of Okami I'll admit, but I still love how this combines the best of WW and TP. It's sad that Shiggy's demo went badly (though the presentation was fun - "No you're doing it wrong!") but the people on the floor say it worked wonderfully. Wish there wasn't a delay but whatever, as long as it's fantastic in the end.

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - I've never played a Golden Sun but my friends adore it and I have to say the trailer intrigues me. I might look into it.

Goldeneye - Eh. Nothing that interests me. Still pretty cool since it'll please a ton of people.

Epic Mickey - Not the change in the art style I was wanting, but it's looking lovely regardless. The paint seems like a fun mechanic, and the travel area was wonderful. I can't wait for this.

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Oh man, with Portal 2 pushed to next year, this is definitely what I'm looking forward to most for the holidays. It's such an insanely creative art style and the way that and the gameplay are intertwined is just so cool. I've never owned a Kirby game but I've played all of Crystal Shards at a friend's house and Nightmare In Dreamland on an emulator and I'm really excited now.

Dragon Quest 9 - Eh.

Metroid: Other M - Of course we've already known about it, but the new trailer showed off the graphics a lot, and man are they good. I'm still wary of the first person bits, but the rest look great so we'll have to see how that works.

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Never played a DK game except for in stores, so I don't know much, but I know the gameplay looked really fun and Retro can be trusted after their work with Prime. I'm interested.

Kid Icarus - I hate the original, it's so boring. But this, wow. It looks like a wonderful game, gameplay wise and even graphically. There's always the possibility that it's prerendered sure, but if not the 3DS is really good looking.

3DS itself - I just cannot wait. Everything about it sounds wonderful.

All in all, glorious conference. They really tried this year and I think they proved why they're still on top. They're going to be draining all of my money but I don't care because these games are fantastic so far.

Wow, the 3DS games there look great, especially Star Fox 64, Its just beautiful. Crazy that it was a 64 game :)

Edit: Just saw Kid Icarus and wow, that looks awesome...

OH and why is Ubisoft porting Chaos Theory again? Haven't they learned that all of its ports sucked?

Edited by MarcelloF

M'kay, so here's my Nintendo E3 most wanted now that the conference is over:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

Mario Sports Mix (Wii)

GoldenEye 007 (Wii)

Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS)

Mario Kart (3DS)

Paper Mario (3DS)

StarFox 64 3D (3DS)

Sonic (3DS)

And of course, the 3DS itself :P

Good show Nintendo. Good show.

I don't care if it makes me a stupid Nintendo fan for buying the same thing I've already bought, but Ocarina of Time with not only pretty graphics but 3D? I'm fucking sold!

As impressive as the 3DS is, I'm a little underwhelmed that all they really have to show for it on the first party front is a bunch of remakes. C'mon, what happened to actually utilizing the device? That may be because I'm bitter that F-Zero was absent for yet another year and Star Fox barely even got a mention (what it did get was worthless anyway).

But that aside, I'm digging Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid: Other M. Definite first day purchases there provided that DKCR is on Wii and not 3DS (which some sources are claiming it's on; I can't find any mention of it's hardware).

• Thumbs Up 1

Somebody kill me. Like seriously, I don't think I can take anymore excitement for the rest of the day. One more big announcement and you'll find my ass in the obituaries.

"Local Iceman has died today of a mania induced heart attack. Our condolences go out to his parents, friends..."

There are TONS of original games headed to 3DS. What remakes can you see that I can't see?

- MGS3

- OoT

- Lylat Wars

- SSFIV

What other remakes?

Man oh man. Now there's an Ocarina of Time 3DS remake coming out?!

Nintendo, you...are awesome. AWESOME. TT___TT

Edit: Oh, and I'm SO getting a red 3DS. Yeah~

Edited by Holland

OMFG!! Ocarina of Time remake aswell as the Starfox 64/Lylat Wars remake? Nintendo have really just upped their game!!

The blue 3DS is the most glorious looking handheld ever and anyone who says different is a poopyhead.

I have to say though, I'm annoyed by the D-pad placement as it looks really awkward. And what's that little hole on the bottom of lower half?

I had a red Phat DS, I've got a Red Lite...who can guess what 3DS I think I'll be getting. wink.gif

Seriously, unless they release a Sonic-blue coloured Nintendo console (rather like a certain portable Sony console...) I'd be all over it but red is just...sexy. :3

EDIT: And Nintendo doesn't just win E3, they win life.

EDIT 2:

But that aside, I'm digging Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid: Other M. Definite first day purchases there provided that DKCR is on Wii and not 3DS (which some sources are claiming it's on; I can't find any mention of it's hardware).

Hope this helps. happy.gif

Edited by Earthworm Swiss

I think the 3DS will have one of the best launches of all time.

I also think Nintendo might just have 1upped their E3 06 showing... Man I'm still in shock from all that 3DS stuff.

Shit.

Good God Nintendo. I cannot say much more at the moment other than "I love you".

The Wii is the attention it deserves (I am especially looking forward to Kirby <3), and the 3DS is going to be one hell of a system.

That chrome-y red has better be one of the launch colors.

Oh my god Ocarina of Time 3D and Blue 3DS my hype meter is in OVERDRIVE.

All we need now is a 3D Mario platformer (Sunshine 3D plz) and I will EXPLODE

Now, I've told myself for years I wouldn't react to anything game related the way I just did to Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D... Oh well. I did. I went absolutely nuts. This is amazing, Instant fucking pre-order.

XBOX! You've been rejected! by Nintendo

I am so fucking angry that I couldn't be here to watch the coverage of the showing... I'm reading all of your comments and other websites... and I don't think I can finish reading. I might just die from a heart attack.

Other M?

New Zelda?

3DS?

Nintendo. Will you marry me?

Uuuummm... okay... something I'm missing here... why are a lot of people referring to these 3DS remakes in such a way... As I recall, the ORIGINAL Ocarina of Time was 3D. What's so special about a remake for a handheld console, other than getting to play the game on the go?

Oh, and since a lot of these are remakes, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kingdom Hearts and Sonic 3DS are also remakes. Which would be annoying. (Either way, the few screenshots of Kingdom Hearts 3DS greatly disappoint. I hope those aren't legitimate because I'm tired of them reusing the same places, models, and designs over and over. Traverse Town Second District with Twilight Thorn? Yippee... fun.... not...)

At the very least, I hope these "remakes" have largely enhanced graphics.

Uuuummm... okay... something I'm missing here... why are a lot of people referring to these 3DS remakes in such a way... As I recall, the ORIGINAL Ocarina of Time was 3D. What's so special about a remake for a handheld console, other than getting to play the game on the go?

The same thing that's special about any remake of an amazing game? I don't get your point.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kingdom Hearts and Sonic 3DS are also remakes. Which would be annoying. (Either way, the few screenshots of Kingdom Hearts 3DS greatly disappoint. I hope those aren't legitimate because I'm tired of them reusing the same places, models, and designs over and over. Traverse Town Second District with Twilight Thorn? Yippee... fun.... not...)

How can KH be a remake if it has Nobodies? That wouldn't make any sense.

Plus that's what the KH series does, it reuses areas and enemies. It's no biggie. Plus it's probably the closest thing to a classic style KH game we'll get on handheld.