Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Man those are actually pretty damn awesome, and they even made the water starter look great!

Unfortunately they'll probably look nothing like that xD

Still, thanks to these my optimism has risen yet again. People can do so much with so little!

Pokemon_BW_Starters_____by_Rodentruler.jpg

This is probably the best interpretation so far, I'd be happy if the starters looked this good.

But I digress...

Pokeman_Starters_by_NuclearBandaid.png

OFFICIAL DESIGNS CONFIRMED

• Thumbs Up 2

Pokemon_BW_Starters_____by_Rodentruler.jpg

This is probably the best interpretation so far, I'd be happy if the starters looked this good.

Oh god fuck that. FUCK. THAT.

The water one looks far too bland, but the other two are great ideas. Still betting its grass, fire, water from left to right though. We shall have to wait for Coro Coro.

That supposed fire starter is just going to evolve into a ginger Ursaring.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everytime Pokemon Sunday do one of these it surprises me how quick the internet is to get some proper well designed fan art predictions out there.

From the fanart I've seen on /v/ it seems we've come to an agreement for the most part, that it's Grass Lizard > Fire Pig > Water Bear. All I know is that if the bottom right is anything like fans see it, I will not touch that with a ten foot Poké Pole. The idea of a fire pig sounds fucking awesome but then the Grass interpretations are so amazing.

Favorites so far:

2v9855z.jpg

Edited by Noir
  • Thumbs Up 2

Best starter art yet, though I do prefer the thorn-beaked grass type to this Flygon-alike.

I'm very interested in the bottom right guy. His fat neck makes me think of blubbery water mammals, like seals. Dewgong and Walrein were Water/Ice types right? I'm just wondering if they'd take the same direction with it after two other evolution lines with similar Pokes. I'm betting it looks something like an otter.

well lessee 'ere.

The Spoinkrtwig knockoff looks stupid.

Whatever the fuck that water-type it it cannot be good at all.

The dragon thing looks fucking awesome.

whelp, one more game where I only ever get one starter and never touch the others. Though this time it's not about which is the coolest.

From the fanart I've seen on /v/ it seems we've come to an agreement for the most part, that it's Grass Lizard > Fire Pig > Water Bear. All I know is that if the bottom right is anything like fans see it, I will not touch that with a ten foot Poké Pole. The idea of a fire pig sounds fucking awesome but then the Grass interpretations are so amazing.

Favorites so far:

2v9855z.jpg

I like these designs, certainly some of the best speculation I've seen so far. I don't actually know which one I'd pick if these turned out to be real - the grass one looks cool and has a real 'Treecko' feel to it (bad-ass attitude, perhaps?). A fire pig is also an intriguing concept... and a water bear/beaver? Not too shabby either. Would still like a platypus at some point though.

I still want a toucan.

I'm genuinely surprised that so many people expect the left one to be a grass type. I mean I'd love it if that were the case, but realistically speaking I really think the one on the left will be a fire type...

And trust fanart to get me to love the potential water types too! Some of these are adorable.

My favourites in one image:

2z3yiqp.png

I hate the Treecko-inspired design of the Flygon-alike, but we haven't had a proper thorny Pokémon before (well, not decent ones anyway) and the piggy's so cute.

It looks like whatever that bottom left one is supposed to be, I'll wind up picking it. If it is honestly some sort of raptor or something, my jaw is going to hit the floor of awesome overload, =3. Seems like the only one I'm "meh" about is the top one really. I've hardly been a fan of the stumpy four-legged starters.

-Blur

Bottom-right one is an otter. I'm like 75% sure. Bottom left is the grass type...given the shape of the head it's not likely to be a bird; either a lizard (most likely) or a mammal with no/small ears and a long snout. That leaves the pig-looking thing for fire, I guess. I dunno.

500x_bw8.jpg

Day one purchase man, day one.

pokemon-brown-fake-ds-box.jpg

It's real! I always dreamed this day would come!

• Thumbs Up 3

Guys! Guys! Serebii Just Leaked the Final Artwork for the Gen V Champion!

Here He is.

slowpoke1231243.png

I'll Never gonna Get Tired of Posting This Guy.

That leaves the pig-looking thing for fire, I guess. I dunno.

I Personally Wouldn't Mind a Fire Pig as a Starter.

a Fire Pig Would Mean a Possible Evolution into a Big, Flaming Warthog of Death.

and I shall Call Him Pumbaa

Yes.

• Thumbs Up 4

I Personally Wouldn't Mind a Fire Pig as a Starter.

a Fire Pig Would Mean a Possible Evolution into a Big, Flaming Warthog of Death.

and I shall Call Him Pumbaa

Yes.

Compare the possible flaming pig to...

324636nvbtu3ohx6.jpg

IT MAKES SENSE! :D

Also... When are we gonna get a flamming fart attack? We had Chimchar's fire ass and now a possible pig. I don't think heat wave or lava plume would make any justice. D:

Edited by Eiserne Drossel

I was always surprised that they didn't give Skuntank some unique gas-based fire type move instead of Flamethrower: "Combustion" or some such to fit the skunk theme.

I was always surprised that they didn't give Skuntank some unique gas-based fire type move instead of Flamethrower: "Combustion" or some such to fit the skunk theme.

Because Skuntank is fucking disgusting. There is literally not one other Pokemon that makes me throw up in my mouth, and then want to rub the puke on my eyeballs. I am not even fucking joking.

Not even Bidoof, and it's in my nightmares.

Giving him flamethrower was pure genius. Especially with the back sprite.