Awoo.

Spoiler Thread (Spoiler Tags Please)

Agent York

Just wached the HQ Mad Hear Act 2 video, and not seeing it filmed by an off-screen camera really does benefit the game for some reason (or maybe it's the fact that this person can actually play the game).

I'm not watching anymore videos though, I've held out for this long. :P

Watched some of the high quality footage of Mad Gear, good to see in the menu there is a time attack mode. I have to again ask though, how is this getting leaked after the last low quality leaks? I don't get how most video game companies manage to supress near enough if not all things to do with their games so why not SEGA? I'm not criticizing them as I love them, I just don't get how it happens so often.

No more asking for links to link footage, guys. This is not allowed. Discuss the footage if you've seen it, but please do not ask for it. Posts asking for the footage will be deleted (: Thanks for understanding.

Sorry Flyboy Fox, I wasn't sure.

Anyway I managed to find at least one new video. It was a lot clearer but it seemed to play about the same to me.

Edit:

I found them all now. Man the guy playing sure dies a lot.

Edited by speedfreak

Is it just me or does jumping seem alot less floaty in the new HQ footage?

Is it just me or does jumping seem alot less floaty in the new HQ footage?

It does doesn't it? It's more noticeable in the Mad Gear Zone Act 2 footage.

It does doesn't it? It's more noticeable in the Mad Gear Zone Act 2 footage.

Seems to be more like Sonic Advance's physics now, I'm a happy bunny.

Finally managed to track down the leaked footage. And yeah, just like everyone else, I think it looks great. Nice to see that the spindash isn't completely gimped anymore. Also, one thing I have to point out as being awesome is Sonic's idle animation. I love how they basically took the old animation but added more life to it.

Edited by gamerguy21

The footage was taken down from YouTube... already

After watching the HQ footage, I'm loving the look of this game, and yes, it does look like they fixed the floaty jump.

Edited by Sparks

The footage was taken down from YouTube... already

After watching the HQ footage, I'm loving the look of this game, and yes, it does look like they fixed the floaty jump.

I think it's more likely that the person playing the earlier leaks was just bad at the game.

But anyway, I have only watched the Mad Gear Act 2 video, but the disappointment I had from the earlier leaks has been turned back into hype, and once again, I can't wait for this game. :D

I found them all now. Man the guy playing sure dies a lot.

I have not seen the footage(im waiting for to play it myselfe instead). But as fast as a game leaks, it's always people who cant play the games releasing footage.

It's been revealed that to transform into super mode, you simply press the X/Y button. Pretty out of the way, unless you have fat fingers.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess on Wii it will be the 1 button to transform. It's better than jumping twice since homing attack is sort of required a lot.

It's been revealed that to transform into super mode, you simply press the X/Y button. Pretty out of the way, unless you have fat fingers.

outoftheway.jpg

are you serious?? how are the x and y buttons at all out of the way when the four letter buttons are all RIGHT THERE??

• Thumbs Up 1

What? They aren't mapped to the same button as something else, so they ARE sufficiently out of the way. Would you rather you had to to drop the controller, and find the secret switch in the bookcase at the other end of the room to transform?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 1, 2, 3 and K used the A/B/C buttons to jump. The buttons were black, like Sonic eyes back then. Now you use A button the 360 controller, and it's green. So are Sonic's eyes now!

Coincidence? I think NOT!

Bwuhh...

You don't need to have sausage fingers to hit the X or Y buttons comfortably. Maybe it has something to do with the way I hold a controller, but I can hit X with the edge of my thumb while hitting A and my thumbs don't look like tootsie rolls.

• Thumbs Up 1

What? They aren't mapped to the same button as something else, so they ARE sufficiently out of the way.

Yeah what he said. That's the ONLY use for the two buttons in the entire game. You have no other reason to push them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 1, 2, 3 and K used the A/B/C buttons to jump. The buttons were black, like Sonic eyes back then. Now you use A button the 360 controller, and it's green. So are Sonic's eyes now!

Coincidence? I think NOT!

The plot thickens.

Jokes aside, mapping super transformation to different buttons is the best way to handle it imo.

Most people don't have any problems pressing all these buttons in heated moments (say...switching weapons with Y in L4D2 for instance?), but a simple game like Sonic 4 is nothing, surely?

• Thumbs Up 1

I have all current gen consoles and don't have trouble pressing any buttons on any of the controllers. There is nothing wrong with pressing the X/Y buttons to transform, they aren't out of the way. Same with the PS3 controller if it turns out you have to press square/triangle and X/Y on a Classic Controller on Wii if the controller's supported or B and Y if the Gamecube Controller is supported, I fail to see the problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah what he said. That's the ONLY use for the two buttons in the entire game. You have no other reason to push them.

I think Blue Blood was joking...

And honestly, I don't see how using one of the other colored face-buttons to transform is out of the way just because it isn't used for anything else. What else could you expect them to do? A obviously wouldn't work, because you need that to jump or use the Homing Attack, and that would mean using Super Sonic is pretty much mandatory, which I consider to be a much greater inconvenience than simply pressing a button that your thumb is likely right next to or over anyway.

I think Blue Blood was joking...

And honestly, I don't see how using one of the other colored face-buttons to transform is out of the way just because it isn't used for anything else.

It beats the hell out of single/double jumping :|