Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

First pic from An Adventure in Space and Time:

Doctor_Who__Exclusive_set_picture_from_A

I've gotta admit, Bradley does look a fair bit like Hartnell.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

Next Series spoilers.

So my dad was listening to Radio Humberside today as he was off to work, they're talking about the Russian Meteorite and they're having people call up the studio to ask questions and give their opinion on things... anyway, a guy rings up, they put him on and he says this...

"This meteorite... it's got nothing to do with all those Daleks which were crossing Westminister Bridge at 6am yesterday morning is it?"

At 6am, London is a very quiet place, it would also still be dark at this time of the year. Also, think back to Toy Fair London, one of those photos showed Daleks around the houses of parliment.

Sounds like one episode is going to be a Dalek Invasion of London... again.

Isn't "Daleks on Westminister Bridge" a yearly thing? To homage "The Dalek Invasion of Earth"?

The Daleks going across Westminster Bridge this morning was for An Adventure in Space and Time, recreating the iconic Dalek Invasion of Earth scene.

That's not to say the Daleks won't appear in Series 7 Part 2, but today's filming was not to do with it, at any rate.

Some sad news: Doctor Who Dalek designer Ray Cusick has died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21563344

"The designer of the Daleks from the BBC's Doctor Who has died aged 84 after a short illness, his daughter has said.

Former BBC designer Ray Cusick died of heart failure in his sleep on Thursday, Claire Heawood added. The Daleks became the iconic villains in cult science fiction series Doctor Who, which is due to mark its 50th anniversary with events this year. Mr Cusick, from Horsham, West Sussex, leaves two daughters and sevengrandchildren, his family said."

Daleks are easily the most popular enemy of The Doctor throughout the entire series of Doctor Who.

_66041800_017211302.jpg

RIP Ray Cusick.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edit: Meh got beat.

Ray Cusick, who was a designer for the BBC has died today. He worked on several shows including the original series of Doctor who and in 1963 he created a creature which would live on for decades, be reference many times in popular culture and become an iconic science fiction villain along with the Sith and the Borg Collective.

Who did he create... well, they have a message for the human race...

Yup, he was one of the main designers for those guys. More info can be found at the BBC's website. But it's pretty amazing how this design has lasted for nearly 50 years and is one of the most iconic enemies in science fiction.

dalek_invasion_2814.jpg

Even Batman has a Dalek.

batman_has_dalek.jpg

(Yes that is a genuine comic strip).

Source: BBC

Not just the next episode, either.  Enemies from throughout Series 7B appear in the glass.

Interesting new look for the Doctor, there. Didn't Smith want to give him a leather jacket and make him a bit more Ecclestoney? Seems like a huge departure from that. Looks rather itchy, too.

For the new page, that new promo pic, in hi res:

I92Iqp7.jpg

He does rather, doesn't he? In that case, I hope that he goes off on someone at some point this series, much like Wonka did:

P3dEX0I.gif

• Thumbs Up 4

So, anyone following The Doctor Who Twitter and checks it often should know about this, but for those who don't, you may want to check the DW Twitter account just after 12:00 AM GMT, Because they have said they are to release over a dozen new pics from the next 8 episodes of Series 7. So, if you're looking for some information on part 2 of the series, you now know where to look!

Haven't watched much of Series 7, as Moffat as all but lost me, I'm afraid. Did bother to watch the Christmas Episode, it was better than expected but not enough to pull me in. The Ice Warriors, however, may be, so I'll be giving that episode a look.

Ah, lucky us! They're re-animating The Tenth Planet (Probably a 50th thing.) I'll find a link for you all, one moment.

Not so lucky, honestly- if the current plans to animate The Invasion (it was the Invasion, wasn't it?) are anything to go by, the animation is barebones flash crap. Honestly feel it's a better use to watch the old Loose Cannon reconstructions on the side, as if they were an audio play.

Not so lucky, honestly- if the current plans to animate The Invasion (it was the Invasion, wasn't it?) are anything to go by, the animation is barebones flash crap. Honestly feel it's a better use to watch the old Loose Cannon reconstructions on the side, as if they were an audio play.

That trailer for the animated Reign of Terror looked a lot better, IMO.

For the new page, that new promo pic, in hi res:

I92Iqp7.jpg

The Doctor is trying to out-do Shadow the Hedgehog?!

Hmm... if I am honest I found the last series quite underwhelming and the final moments of Amy and Rory as companions quite... forced tearjerking. BE SAD! BE SAD! IT'S AMY AND RORY! CRY! MOFFAT SAYS CRY!

Don't get me wrong, it's not as bad as some of RTD's corniest moments but still...

Also in her first appearance I found the new companion too "sassy", but in her second appearance she was considerably toned down (that Standard English accent was hilarious...) so I hope she isn't as annoying as I fear she might be... :D

Still, I love Doccy Who. Bring it on, Eleven! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say that screenshot impresses me, but I'll need to see a trailer before judging.

BTW I can't stop reading my own posts in Tom Bakers voice.

I can't say that screenshot impresses me, but I'll need to see a trailer before judging.

BTW I can't stop reading my own posts in Tom Bakers voice.

I wouldn't say it's impressive either, but I'm going to watch it anyway.

We need to find our other incarnations, too!

Oh an animation of The Ice Warriors is actually a good idea, because (Spoiler'd in-case anyone is staying well away from possible give-away's)

If they get it out before Episode 9 this series, it would help some aspiring fans of Classic Who understand the Ice Warriors better.

Whilst I like the idea of these animations, I don't like to look at them. And that's probably the whole reason they're animating them, to look at them...

Edited by Eleventh Doctor