Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

"The Impossible Astronaut" is finally here tonight!

And just in case you weren't excited already... holy jelly beans, have a look at this pic from the episode IF YOU DARE...

d11s02e01_wallpaper_08.jpg

Spoiler warning.

Edited by Doctor MK

What the dickens!

It's only been on for 7 min and the Doctor just died!?

Edit:

So theres going to need to be a bit of a major explanation for this one...

Edited by Hogfather

And it's over.

Blimy... That was NOT what I expected. Thats got to be one of the more strangest episodes of Doctor Who I've seen for a LONG time.

Brilliant I thought.

I worry that this series is going to be treading a lot of the same ground as the previous one.

So this is already the best series of Doctor Who since 2005.

Superb start.

Am I the only one who almost burst out laughing at the blatant innuendo of "Oh, I'm quite the screamer. That's another spoiler for you"? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

It's just the idea of -once again- a forgetful Amy AND the Doctor -at the end of the series- going back to the beginning to jigger things about.

Absolutely awesome episode! Without doubt the best opening episode since 'Rose' back in 2005.

I loved how it was so different from the normal opening episode. Some brilliant moments in there both scary and funny ones. Some nice nods to the past as well (Invisible Tardis).

Also they did the Silence really well! Very creepy.

Can't wait for the second part!

It's just the idea of -once again- a forgetful Amy AND the Doctor -at the end of the series- going back to the beginning to jigger things about.

Thats not really the same forgetfulness though (and its not just Amy). Bedsides this series is continuing the story of the Silence from the last series, so the themes related to them will continue, but they're not repeating they're evolving.

Also the Doctor at the beginning was 200 years older so theres no guarantee they'll be going back to the beginning to sort it out, as the Doctor at the end of the series may still be much younger.

Edited by Doctor Sοnic

Loads of people are commenting that they're thoroughly confused by the episode, which I find funny because I had no trouble following it at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

There was nothing like that in there.

Amy is only forgetful because the aliens have some kind of effect over people, it happens to everyone, as poor joy found out and later River also discovers. From the sounds of the 'NEXT TIME' Roarey figures it out too.

We don't know anything about how the series is going to end at all. All we know is that...

At some point in the future the Doctor is going to invite Amy, River, Roarey the FBI guy and his younger self to meet in America. the current doctor still has 200 years of life left provided nothing happens to him before the events at the start of the episode

Considering the Tenth Doctor died once, I doubt 11 will stay dead when this is all said and done.

Loads of people are commenting that they're thoroughly confused by the episode, which I find funny because I had no trouble following it at all.

This.

Also, let's be completely frank here. I somewhat doubt that the 11th doctor will live that long. Apart from his first incarnation, none of the others have.

True, they're probably going to have to erase this current death from the timeline completely. I very doubt Matt Smith would still be playing him in 200 years. :lol:

It's been quietly implied over time that the Doctor has long slews of adventures off-screen: he seems to have several years of adventures off-screen as the 10th Doctor shortly before he regenerates, such as his... encounter with Elizabeth I.

LOL Riversong's codename, Mrs. Robinson nice 60's reference both a song and film reference. :)

I wondered if it was more of a reference to this.

I wondered if it was more of a reference to this.

What do you think I meant by film reference? ;)

The song Mrs. Robinson is also on the soundtrack to the Graduate.

So like I said song and film reference. :D

What do you think I meant by film reference? ;)

The song Mrs. Robinson is also on the soundtrack to the Graduate.

So like I said song and film reference. :D

Ah ok, I've never seen the movie, just know of that particular scene.

Also something that nobody has said yet. I like how they dedicated the series to Elisabeth Sladen. I missed the very start so I didn't see that until just a few moments ago. Really good of them to do that instead of a note at the end of the credits.

Ah ok, I've never seen the movie, just know of that particular scene.

Also something that nobody has said yet. I like how they dedicated the series to Elisabeth Sladen. I missed the very start so I didn't see that until just a few moments ago. Really good of them to do that instead of a note at the end of the credits.

Nah, its cool Wayne's World 2 makes a large reference and parody of the film the Graduate towards the end of the movie when Wayne is trying to stop wedding between Cassandra and Christopher Walken's character, this part of the Graduate has been parodied countless times, even on the Simspons. Ignore me I know loads of pointless crap. ^_^

Yeah, I am glad Elisabeth Sladen was dedicated I think it was the right thing to do, hopefully John Sullivan will be deicated in the next and possibly final episode of Rock & Chips. :)

They could've done a dedication to Nick Courtney too. I know he's not as popular as Sarah Jane, but the Brig was very important to the series.

His dedication might be coming up for all we know, perhaps at the commencement of the next UNIT-heavy episode where it would be most appropriate.

I enjoyed tonight's episode of Doctor Who.

That was awesome starting episode of Dr. Who! I'm surprised BBC America aired the episode the same day it aired in the UK considering it has usually aired new episodes a few weeks after they have aired in the UK.