Awoo.

Ryannumber1gamer

Speaking of Mephiles, what if he and Black Doom teamed up in this storyline?

35 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:
48 minutes ago, KHCast said:

If they’re bringing back Black Doom, wonder if they’ll be ballsy enough to bring mephiles back. They technically can since crisis city’s very existence with Iblis demons still showing up in Gens, implies the merge between Iblis and mephiles hasn’t happened in that version of CC.

Since we know this campaign won’t have a barebones plot like the original generations this would be a great opportunity to have Mephiles come back and also explain how the heck Crisis City exists even though the events of 06 were retconned.

While we're at it, bring back Sky Troops from Shadow The Hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

58 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

So how many stages do y’all think we’re getting? I think it’ll be three, most likely all from Shadow’s game since that’s the only big mainline title that wasn’t represented in the original. But I also think there’s a chance we could get more reimagined stages from SA2 like white jungle. 

Heck I won’t be surprised if they bring back a stage from 06 since it’s already represented in the original generations. Maybe Kingdom Valley since that’s where Shadow first met Mephiles?

Wouldn’t hurt to have one more heroes stage as well since Shadow also played a big role in that game. If it were to happen I’d like for it to be Bullet Station since that’s where Shadow found out there were androids made of him.

If they really wanted to stretch it, they could get a Forces Stage in there. With the time shenanigans this games about, they could totally have the cool and edgy hedgehog get a glimpse of the future

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Boy said:

Speaking of Mephiles, what if he and Black Doom teamed up in this storyline?

Given that both he and Black Doom would likely only be back alive thanks to the Time Eater, I can definitely see that occurring, especially since both have tried to convince SHadow to join them.

this had me tweaking in public when I watched the trailer 💀

super excited for the Shadow stuff

Looks like Shun Nakamura is the head behind the team working on this project.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Given that both he and Black Doom would likely only be back alive thanks to the Time Eater, I can definitely see that occurring, especially since both have tried to convince SHadow to join them.

Keep in mind Ian’s writing, and Ian had a headcanon where the time eater was a remnant of Mephiles. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Keep in mind Ian’s writing, and Ian had a headcanon where the time eater was a remnant of Mephiles. 

Yup. I could see that easily being retconned into this version of the game, especially if they want to use the Time Eater's death as an excuse to bring Mephiles back into the canon.

• Unamused 1

32 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Maybe Infinite could also show up?

• Fist Bump 1

5 minutes ago, Multikaris said:

He wasn’t really much of a rival/threat for shadow like Mephiles and black doom. Honestly, he was more of an antagonist and threat for Sonic. Plus, I don’t know how to feel about bringing the phantom ruby back on top of all this time travel/multiple timelines stuff we might be dealing with if Mephiles returns

Edited by KHCast
  • Fist Bump 1

9 minutes ago, Multikaris said:

I doubt Infinite will come back since this story apparently takes place around the same time as Generations.

• Fist Bump 1

Yeah, I'm eager to know more about what's new in Generations tbh. They said bonus content and challenges, so I guess mission mode ala Origins is a safe bet. I also would bet costumes. SOAP shoes, hats and gloves, the usual, maybe they'll go further and finally add an "Adventure skin" or something like that.. but I would KILL for new levels. Sad that CD never actually got a proper level in Generations.

35 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Sega lets him canonize it. And if they do, it'll add another layer to... something I'm working on that involves Mephiles. I can't say what just yet...

3 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

I doubt Infinite will come back since this story apparently takes place around the same time as Generations.

I mean, it's a game involving time travel. There's no reason they couldn't jump ahead and have Infinite somehow get entangled within it, especially when we already see several very trippy, Infinite-esque effects happen while Shadow is chasing Doom's Eye.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I feel like I should care more about the Shadow part of the package more than I do, but while it looks interesting I just care more about the Sonic Generations part. I don't want them to balls it up

3 minutes ago, Lorekitten said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if Sega lets him canonize it. And if they do, it'll add another layer to... something I'm working on that involves Mephiles. I can't say what just yet...

This would be an awesome way to finally bring back Mephiles. Also it would be a great way to bring Omega into the plot of generations since he was noticeably absent in the original.

The awesome thing about this is all the excitement and speculation I had about Gens when it first was revealed, to a degree is back. It’s nice feeling like that again. All the mystery and speculation. Like, if we end up getting another Unleashed stage by some miracle, it would be awesome if they based it on the nighttime version for classic and the daytime for modern. 

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

I also would bet costumes. SOAP shoes, hats and gloves, the usual, maybe they'll go further and finally add an "Adventure skin" or something like that.. but I would KILL for new levels. Sad that CD never actually got a proper level in Generations.

Thinking on it more, skins would make sense honestly. Colors Ultimate had cosmetics after all. 

Also, is it a safe bet to assume shadow after beating his campaign will be usable in the main game? 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

This would be an awesome way to finally bring back Mephiles. Also it would be a great way to bring Omega into the plot of generations since he was noticeably absent in the original.

Well, omega was a trophy in the trophy room…lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Cautiously optimistic about this.

Assuming that's not just reused Generations footage (which I honestly, truly cannot tell if it is) then the base game looking identical isn't a huge problem. They don't need to reinvent the wheel, and proving they can actually release the game without radical alteration is probably better after how upset people got at Colors Ultimate.

Shadow busting into the Generations reveal CG is hilarious.

His own content, though...

I won't lie, I'm skeptical. It's obviously very hard to tell with the radical seven seconds of game-time (and that's being generous) they've given to us, but that's obviously not base Gens controls, nor is the homing attack bit Final Chase at all (it looks like Egg Gate, honestly). Now, does that mean it has the same shitty turning as Forces or Cyberspace? I'm not sure, literally the only part that shows Shadow running off-rails is the boss fight, and even that's just in a straight line. The openness of the arena and Shadow using Chaos Spear is the most promising part, giving me an impression that it might be closer to open zone than anything else. But it's hard to tell right now.

Black Doom being back is absolutely wild. I never thought in a million years they would do that, and Doom's Eye looks gross and wrinkly in a good way.

Anyway, I don't want this to lose us the standard PC version of Generations and all of its modding shenanigans, but at the very least I'm glad it isn't looking like a direct downgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1

while I'm super excited for more Shadow gameplay, I can't help but feel a little weird about Generations getting a remake, and possibly owning it twice essentially on PC. I hope that the Shadow expansion is worth another buy, and maybe even hope it will expand on the rest of the Generations gameplay we know and love.

I'm just Happy Daddy Doom is back. My guess is, he's from an alternate timeline where he didn't die and is active in that timeline. We know the Time Eater has the power to bring crap to the playing field because of Crisis City. I hope Mephiles comes back too! Never thought I'd be looking forward to a 2010 era Sonic game. About time SEGA brings the good stuff back. I wonder how Shadow will react to the 06 events if Mephiles does show his face. I'm only buying this for the Shadow story.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Ugh. I'd really prefer Flynn try to restrain himself from linking unrelated elements, after what Frontiers did to Chaos and the chao.

Really they should leave Meph out entirely. The mode probably isn't going to be that long, whatever time they've got to tell a story would be better used focusing on one antagonist and the related events of SA2 and ShtH rather than trying to cover that and reintroduce a time-manipulating god-fragment wearing Shadow's face from a timeline that nobody remembers. If the story's going to try to be anything more than fanservice it should probably try to be a sort of epilogue to ShtH, define who Shadow's supposed to be after all of that and try to chart a sensible direction for him going forward, and Meph isn't part of that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Such amazing news. Can’t wait for this. 
I loved the original Generations and now with this Shadow campaign …….too sweet. 

Edited by Eurisko

For whatever it's worth, a small render issue on some grass is indicating that the Vanilla Gens footage in the trailer is not reused

upload_2024-1-31_19-22-44.png.ed5b14d88781d2e9a1541357a77f7ecd.png

Also:

p3dk8-706900418.jpg.f3a666bae4d63614c1c9b33981efa24b.jpg

"No Patrick, noticing one render bug does not mean we're saying it's the same as Colors Ultimate"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1

What a totally bizarre thing to exist but I'll probably buy it.

I don't love how much those Shadow stages look like cyberspace stages. I am worried they are going to primarily be just roads in the sky.

Hope they ha e more in common with Generations level design which is still peak for the Boost games.

• Thumbs Up 1

What timing that this happened a week before I'd "revisit" Generations for my 30th. I wonder if that joke about Black Doom still being alive in one of the Sonic Takeover events was made with this in mind or if that purple haired woman that was seen in Tails Tube will make an appearance here-might be looking too deeply into things.

If there's ANYTHING they need to change from the base game aside from physics tweaks for Classic Sonic like in the mod, PLEASE overhaul the Time Eater fight. It was one of the biggest blemishes to one of the better 2.5D/3D Sonic games, ending it on a limp note like that was just sad. I'll happily take a high def makeover of the Dimps version of that fight if possible.