Awoo.

Ryannumber1gamer

Steam page is live: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2513280/SONIC_X_SHADOW_GENERATIONS/

EDIT: The listing description is as follows:

Shadow the Hedgehog is back and teaming up with Classic and Modern Sonic in SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS, an all-new collection featuring two unique experiences!

Play as Shadow the Hedgehog in a brand-new story campaign featuring never-before-seen powers and abilities. When Shadow’s old nemesis, Black Doom, reemerges and threatens to take over the world, Shadow must journey into his own past, confront painful memories, face familiar foes, and unlock new powers to save the world and prove why he’s known as the Ultimate Life Form!

SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS also includes a complete remaster of the classic hit SONIC GENERATIONS, featuring newly remastered versions of iconic 2D and 3D stages with upgraded visuals and bonus content.

Black Doom is seemingly confirmed as the antagonist of the game?

Edited by ShadowXeldron

6 minutes ago, ShadowXeldron said:

also includes a complete remaster of the classic hit SONIC GENERATIONS, featuring newly remastered versions of iconic 2D and 3D stages with upgraded visuals and bonus content.

Does this confirm new content for base Generations outside the shadow stuff…?

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Yes

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Stasis said:

Movie 3 is supposed to be borrowing some elements from StH. If Black Doom gets featured then this is the best way of introducing him to new comers without the need to play the OG. Yes, he died but it works and Ian will write a way around it. 

Fair enough.

19 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Actually a legitimately good way to get new people people acquainted with a character who hasn't done anything in half a decade and hasn't really done anything for 18 years. Much better cross promotion (in theory) than that stupid ass shit they did with Taxman Sonic CD or Mania.

Yeah, that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Aside from what DaBigJ said, I hope there are new levels too, like Ice Cap.

I don't care if it does not come with the Michael Jackson music, as long as it is good.

4 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

Yes

That’s at least nice to know. More Music for the jukebox would definitely be cool as getting to play Superstars and mania music in stages like seaside hill and speed highway would be awesome lmao.

also, I’d assume they’ll add more trophys to the trophy room 

someone mentioned costumes, but idk if I can see them doing that here. Wouldn’t be opposed tho! 

Edited by KHCast

Really like little sense Generation's remaster Modern Sonic face turned over too Shadow shocked running over him while Classic Sonic did a same however got scare dat animation, was great and funny seem-ably never prank much his first time looked at Ultimate Life Form Hedgehog. :]
Overall exactly see Shadow his own levels into Sonic Generations gonna have will take any sort of thing's to bring!

So, who is making this remaster again? I thought I read someone say the names of the people working on this game, but I can't find it.

I am very hyped getting "Sonic X Shadow Generations" on Autumn (or Fall) 2024. I should definitely pre-ordering the game for Nintendo Switch. The game looks fantastic. 

12 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

Aside from what DaBigJ said, I hope there are new levels too, like Ice Cap.

I don't care if it does not come with the Michael Jackson music, as long as it is good.

Honestly as much as I want stuff like Kingdom Valley, Ice Cap or a Secret Rings stage, I just don’t think they’re gonna add new stages to base Generations. I mean I guess I can see Kingdom Valley or another Unleashed stage, maybe even lost world, since there’s a lot of assets they can easily port over and use when building a new level for both modern and classic, but even then, I just am not convinced 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, ShadowXeldron said:

Steam page is live: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2513280/SONIC_X_SHADOW_GENERATIONS/

EDIT: The listing description is as follows:

Black Doom is seemingly confirmed as the antagonist of the game?

I like how it says the game "ALSO includes" a remaster of Generations as if it's the extra package added onto the Shadow game portion and not the other way around. They really know what audience they're making this for. lmao

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

16 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

So, who is making this remaster again? I thought I read someone say the names of the people working on this game, but I can't find it.

It appears to be made by Sonic Team if Steam is anything to go by

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so worried this is just gonna be Forces' Episode Shadow again. I want this to be a full selection of like 5 or 6 stages at least, but I feel like what we saw is all we're getting; two stages and a boss fight. I'm hoping to be surprised, but I don't trust this to not be the dlc we should've gotten back in the 360 days for 8 bucks

Very curious to see how this runs on switch. Also I'm kind of worried the shadow levels might play like frontiers cyberspace.

The presentation looks REALLY good. Really glad Shadow is back in the forefront in the main games.

(And in perfect alignment with Sonic 3, too. 😃)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming Shadow's stages are gonna be designed like the Cyberspace levels. 

• Too Many Rings 1

So how many stages do y’all think we’re getting? I think it’ll be three, most likely all from Shadow’s game since that’s the only big mainline title that wasn’t represented in the original. But I also think there’s a chance we could get more reimagined stages from SA2 like white jungle. 

Heck I won’t be surprised if they bring back a stage from 06 since it’s already represented in the original generations. Maybe Kingdom Valley since that’s where Shadow first met Mephiles?

Wouldn’t hurt to have one more heroes stage as well since Shadow also played a big role in that game. If it were to happen I’d like for it to be Bullet Station since that’s where Shadow found out there were androids made of him.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I'm assuming Shadow's stages are gonna be designed like the Cyberspace levels. 

I mean, tbf, as much as I loved stages like Crisis City modern, wasn’t that pretty much a precursor to the cyberspace level design lol?

23 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

I like how it says the game "ALSO includes" a remaster of Generations as if it's the extra package added onto the Shadow game portion and not the other way around. They really know what audience they're making this for. lmao

In reality, Sonic Generations was the side content.

• Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Heck I won’t be surprised if they bring back a stage from 06 since it’s already represented in the original generations. Maybe Kingdom Valley since that’s where Shadow first met Mephiles?

If they’re bringing back Black Doom, wonder if they’ll be ballsy enough to bring mephiles back. They technically can since crisis city’s very existence with Iblis demons still showing up in Gens, implies the merge between Iblis and mephiles hasn’t happened in that version of CC.

Me, talking about a new Sonic game? Ain't that rare?

I wasn't sure how to feel about a remaster of Gens, as someone who owns a PC, and a Series X. And technically, I still can't since we have hardly any glimpse of what this remaster is doing to the base game itself. So all we can speak on is the new Shadow content.

And so far, this looks fantastic. Seeing so many elements of Shadow's character and storied history that is usually swept under the rug for years be brought back to the absolute forefront is such a liberating feeling. It feels like a proper celebration of Shadow's legacy the same way Gens is for Sonic's.

I can't wait to see just how much content is truly in this title. I just hope it doesn't suffer from the last two games' sudden love for horribly jarring difficulty spikes. I still haven't recovered from Superstars' post-game.

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

If they’re bringing back Black Doom, wonder if they’ll be ballsy enough to bring mephiles back. They technically can since crisis city’s very existence with Iblis demons still showing up in Gens, implies the merge between Iblis and mephiles hasn’t happened in that version of CC.

Since we know this campaign won’t have a barebones plot like the original generations this would be a great opportunity to have Mephiles come back and also explain how the heck Crisis City exists even though the events of 06 were retconned.

Can't say I was disappointed at all. You can argue that Generations' touch-ups aren't particularly evident yet, but I don't see much of a issue, frankly. Gens still looks good these days as is. A resolution boost, a FPS boost, and perhaps some lighting and ray-tracing additions is more than enough to bring it above par. 

Besides that, I can't really give it any grief when we're already seeing that the Shadow content looks pretty substantial. Honestly, everything about it looks sick to me. It's great seeing Shadow getting more spotlight than just SA2 only, and seeing Doom's Eye and Biolizard back to tear things up is pretty cool. Even graphical, it looks like a step up in effects and such. Cutscene direction also seems to be taking cues from Frontiers' fights in the best way. Legitimately very excited for this.

I don't know. You could argue SEGA could touch it up a bit more, but I'm more than content with a great resolution and FPS boost, and a big additional story campaign.

• Thumbs Up 6

They said it couldn't be done.  They said Sega would never acknowledge Shadow's game again.  But here it is, Black Doom, the Shadow logo - Sonic Team are ready to embrace the good and the bad of their history and have fun with it again.  Kinda like they did by putting an '06 level in the original Generations, actually, only here writ large.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Yknow, this does make me wonder, when Unleashed inevitably gets a remaster, if they’re gonna go this route of a straight port + extra standalone campaign. 

Sonic & Knuckles Unleashed, with Knuckles playing like a Sonic/Werehog hybrid who can both go fast and do combat?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Since we know this campaign won’t have a barebones plot like the original generations this would be a great opportunity to have Mephiles come back and also explain how the heck Crisis City exists even though the events of 06 were retconned.

Time Eater rolled up history in a ball and played catch with it.  Events from averted timelines showing up isn't really any stranger than anything else which happens in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Salamander said:

Time Eater rolled up history in a ball and played catch with it.  Events from averted timelines showing up isn't really any stranger than anything else which happens in Generations.

Well IF they’re gonna bring mephiles back here somehow, you might as well just thrown in some lore regarding crisis city, since the two are connected.