Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

14 hours ago, sonicclaasic said:

Sonic Prime Returns to Netflix Global Top 10 After Second Season Debut

image-179.png

Glad to see Sonic Prime Season 2 on Netflix Global Top 10. Again I really enjoyed Season 2.

Glad this season is doing well!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, juiceDpunk983 said:

Wish this show did a proper intro for every episode, like all the other Sonic cartoons, minus Boom.

Yeah, that's my biggest issue with this show.  It doesn't have it's own theme song, although to be fair, most Netflix shows don't have their own theme songs.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, that's my biggest issue with this show.

It must be really good it that's the biggest problem.

Sadly intros are slowly dying out, due to switch from TV to streaming.
1) People now skip them so why bother?
2) Intros used to quickly establish what's the show about in case you're watching out of order
3) Shows used to much longer (or at least aimed for it), so it felt like worth time investment.

7 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

People now skip them so why bother?

I don't skip them, well unless it's a boring intro. Intros like the Japanese Sonic X and SATAM get me pumped for the episode and that's when I'm bingeing them too.

Cartoons still do them. Cuphead show has one and that's a Netflix original show. Although, I have no idea if they dropped the intro later as I've only watched a handful of episodes from that show.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm surprised that they are releasing a sneak peek of the third season of Sonic Prime so soon.

Considering the Knuckles show is supposed to release in a few months (least before the strike happened), I'd imagine they'd wanna wrap up Prime's overall release, before the Knuckles show drops at some point. Hence why their doing it so soon.

4 minutes ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

Considering the Knuckles show is supposed to release in a few months (least before the strike happened), I'd imagine they'd wanna wrap up Prime's overall release, before the Knuckles show drops at some point. Hence why their doing it so soon.

That makes sense, especially since it might be possible that the Knuckles show might take away the interest from Sonic Prime if they premiered at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

In my case, I predicted at the end of Sonic Prime, Season 2 that Nine would be the villain of this season. Looks right I was right. No "In your face" remarks for the person who disagreed with me back then, though.

But hey, there is always a chance Sonic could have Nine redeemed in some way in the end.

Still, this is the kind of Tails you get when Sonic was not in his universe to defend and become friends with him.

So cool! I was expecting a slightly longer trailer, like the previous batches had. But considering this is a sneak peak with no release date. I'd expect there'll be a longer trailer closer to release, likely at Netflix's Geeked Week they announced during the stream...which, also doesn't have a date.

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, the Metal/Chaos versions of the other characters, I honestly never expected. And may or may not be a way to market Sonic Superstars' Battle Mode. But hey, least there's gonna be a bit more robot variety now! And also Tails Nine being the villain this time, with no Chaos Council in sight, I think is a really good change of pace!

Not saying I disliked the Chaos Council, 'cause there were a couple of good moments with them. It's just I think the change up is far more interesting, due to how uncommon it is in the series.

Also odd that none of the other alt characters appeared in this trailer. So maybe their not putting as much of a focus on them this time? Instead choosing to focus more on Sonic, Shadow & Nine this time?

Tho considering how hyped I happen to be for this, my overall theory of Blaze getting in at this point, just gets more complicated. But no question she'd be perfect endgame material at any point in this season/part!

Probably asking for too much tho.😅

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm actually pretty excited for season 3, and I'm actually pretty excited that Nine is getting his time to shine as a villain. It's kind of refreshing to see him reasonably lash out at Sonic, who, whether he means to or not, is being kind of selfish, instead of just mindlessly agreeing with him.

(Mild Spoilers, not that it matters)

I didn't mind seasons one and two, but they were a teeny bit slow in my opinion. Also, you can only listen to Deven Mack make that same screaming noise so many times before you want to bang your head against a wall. Sonic has never yelled as much as he does in Prime.

Speaking of Sonic, as much as I tolerated him in season one, it got kind of old in season two. His dialogue and kind of just him in general felt so....off, I guess is the word I'm looking for? Like, I don't like him but I don't loathe him either. What I'm really hoping for in season three is other characters(namely shadow and nine please if i have to listen to sonic's voice and only sonic's voice for another entire season i'm gonna lose it). I hope that for as much as they've been hyping up Shadow's role in the show they don't just shaft him. It does look like season three will be those two vs Nine, so I will say I'm most excited for the finale.

I don't want to complain about the show a ton, as to avoid being completely negative. Prime may not be my perfect cup of tea, I can see why other like it and I do enjoy it in the moment, it just doesn't have any re-watch value to me. One thing I really do like about the show is that Nine had a pretty reasonable reaction to Sonic wanting to repair the universe. Though it looks good on paper, Sonic's desire to have his own world back would hold devastating consequences for Nine and the others, essentially wiping them from existence. Whether or not Sonic meant to, he was being a bit selfish and a lot naive, and Nine lashing out was refreshing instead of him just being "oh ok whatever you say buddy". I'm SUPER hyped for Nine to be the main enemy. Tails has been teased as a minor villain before(Lost World, Colors), but SEGA/Sonic Team/whoever just never had the gall to go through with it, so Nine stepping up to the plate is exciting.

Please oh pretty please with a cherry on TOP make give Shadow more screen time in S3. I know he got like, 5 minutes of screentime in S2, but I like his voice and I think he could be interesting, especially compared to this sickeningly happy and naive Sonic. I want the show to build a little bit on their relationship and actually have Sonic explain why he ignored Shadow's warnings about Nine instead of the classic "misunderstanding due to lack of communication but it goes on for 38 episodes and they never actually resolve the issue just move on to a larger issue". 

One more thing(if you've actually read this far, damn, you've got more motivation than i do, props). CHAOS SONIC. Idk why, but this snarky, crude, annoying little buttmunch that is Chaos Sonic just hits me funny for literally no reason at all. He is purposefully annoying, whereas Sonic is really trying his best to be a relatable hero to kids and being completely and surreally out of character for no reason. For the like 8 minutes that this Apple Iphone Metal Sonic was on screen I felt pure happiness. Watching him wipe the floor with everyone while being the meanest little troll ever was so funny for absolutely no reason. Best character, want more.

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 1:15 AM, cosmichaos said:

same screaming noise so many times before you want to bang your head against a wall. Sonic has never yelled as much as he does in Prime.

Yeah I know what you mean. I switched to the Japanese version like I do with all Sonic stuff these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, juiceDpunk983 said:

Yeah I know what you mean. I switched to the Japanese version like I do with all Sonic stuff these days.

Same! There’s something about Junichi’s voice that I just prefer over his English actors.

• Fist Bump 1

13 minutes ago, cosmichaos said:

There’s something about Junichi’s voice

He sounds similar to Ryan and he has range with his voice, thus can do emotional and angry Sonic without sounding daft or off. Like watch the Dark Sonic scene before and after the transformation. Heck even the cyber Sonic scream seemed more realistic, from Frontiers. He also still sounds like a teenage Hedgehog.

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, juiceDpunk983 said:

He sounds similar to Ryan and he has range with his voice, thus can do emotional and angry Sonic without sounding daft or off. Like watch the Dark Sonic scene before and after the transformation. Heck even the cyber Sonic scream seemed more realistic, from Frontiers. He also still sounds like a teenage Hedgehog.

Ohh, his Dark Sonic performance was amazing. He was on screen for, like, 2 minutes and I still get chills whenever I watch that scene. It's that quiet, kind of grief-stricken, "Is this...what you wanted to see?", like Sonic just realized what he did and regrets showing that side of himself. It had some amazing delivery that I don't feel like Jason ever got.

Additionally, before I finished the Final Horizon I changed my game to Japanese dialogue and OH MAN that Cyber Sonic scream was awesome. The only two voices I regretted not hearing in English were Eggman and Tails, but the other four were great. I preferred Hayashibara over Bartley for Sage, same with Canna over Mitchell for Knuckles and Kanemaru over Smith for Sonic, and I'm pretty impartial to all of Amy's voices.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do y'all think about the show? I personally have really enjoyed it. It's a bit cringey at times but what's to be expected from a show aimed at children. I think the slightly different design looks really good. Curious to know how everyone else is liking it. Also, any thoughts on what might happen for the next season?

On 11/28/2023 at 6:49 PM, Vraptor008 said:

What do y'all think about the show? I personally have really enjoyed it. It's a bit cringey at times but what's to be expected from a show aimed at children. I think the slightly different design looks really good. Curious to know how everyone else is liking it. Also, any thoughts on what might happen for the next season?

I'm personally enjoying the show.  Sure, the Egg Council are probably the worst part of this series for me, but the animation and the character designs are very well done and I'm loving what they are doing to Nine's character.

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm personally enjoying the show.  Sure, the Egg Council are probably the worst part of this series for me, but the animation and the character designs are very well done and I'm loving what they are doing to Nine's character.

Agreed. The Egg Council is highly obnoxious 😂 I think Nine is a really cool addition and I'm excited to see how they put an end to his character... Because everything has to return to normal I'm sure so what happens to him.

On 11/29/2023 at 9:27 PM, Vraptor008 said:

Agreed. The Egg Council is highly obnoxious 😂 I think Nine is a really cool addition and I'm excited to see how they put an end to his character... Because everything has to return to normal I'm sure so what happens to him.

Yeah, I'm also curious in seeing what will become of Nine after this!

• 3 weeks later...

Man Season 2 of this show is still pretty fuck ugly. Don't try to do elaborate particle effects if you're going to just stop animating them 2/3rds of the way through.

Also this has some forced ass conflict, and I can't imagine it's for any reason than to pad episode count.