Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

Okay so I hasn't seen Prime yet so how do  you guys feel about it  as good as Aosth  and Satam  more closer to Underground and the Ova  or just as bad as X and Boom

1 hour ago, Fastest Thing Alive said:

Okay so I hasn't seen Prime yet so how do  you guys feel about it  as good as Aosth  and Satam  more closer to Underground and the Ova  or just as bad as X and Boom

It's interesting so far. I can't really say if it's better than Satam or Sonic X yet, but they do have some interesting ideas, like Sonic going to different dimensions.  There are some complaints against the show about how Sonic is being portrayed, but I honestly don't mind Sonic's personality in this series so far and I hope he improves later on.

• Thumbs Up 1

The first episode was put up early on Youtube by Netflix and gotta say, the fight animation is pretty damn good!

The fight was amazing and they truly have given Shadow justice. I will say one thing that may bother some people is that

Spoiler

Shadow saying "come at me bro" could sure be seen as out of character, but definitely have to disagree because I thought it made sense and was funny as a result (plus from how he delivered it) because if he had said that line without context then yeah would have been bad/out of character, but he says it out of Sonic trying to bait him and uses it later right back at him to openly mock lol.

so yeah got no complaints about Shadow's characterization here.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the title of this episode could just be "Shadow is so friccin' cool"

Last season left it vague, but now we know for sure that he's fairly reasonable. Not 100%, he still wants to punch Sonic to calm himself, but I think I like that. I don't need him to be Sally-level of perfection, keeps him real you know? I complained about Sonic being an idiot, but it's a nice change of pace. It's kinda of ironic comparing this to IDW relation, how different, yet similar they are. I mean, in the end, we all know Shadow will be wrong about Nine, but you can see his reasoning.
(Also, Sonic is visibly smarter in this episode. He has good reason to confuse Shadow for Shatter-variant but recognizes him using deduction. Well done.)

And yeah, Shadow is still very aggressive, but for a very good reason. And "aggressive for good reason" is basically Shadow's whole personality.

Fight? Chef's kiss. Again, they nailed Shadow's finesse, aggression, and deadliness. And rocket shoes! He's using his badass rocket shoes to propel himself. And it's great.

And the final piece to the ultimate puzzle is here

obraz.png.5eafce7b8f12d99bbe3edd195d166e31.png

Dude. Got. Swagger.

YYYYYESSSS! The smug bastard we haven't seen since SA2 (maybe Heroes) is back. He's 90% serious but allows himself for juuuust a little showing off.

AND

IT'S

GLORIOUS

I don't even mind he's not going with Sonic. If he's too awesome to keep around all the time, sure, give him smaller screen time. This might be the best Shadow in decades. (All he needs is more emotional drama, like in SA2, 06, Battle. But 9/10 is still good).

The rest of the episode is good. There is maybe one meh joke, Cast "catchphrases" got over-repeated, but that's nothing.

The one and only thing that disappoints me is the future. We're now 90% sure there are only 3 (real) Shatter Spaces. That's the worst pick possible. Not 1 fully explored and complex World, not dozens of Endless Possibilities. Just a staggering number known as Three. Ehhh. I hope there is at least 1 more for Rouge. Or more Sonic characters like Chaotic or Cream (seriously doubt it though, on both fronts).

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

The first episode was put up early on Youtube by Netflix and gotta say, the fight animation is pretty damn good!

Wow that was actually pretty good. Also, elephant in the room, YAY SHADOW IS ACTUALLY COOL AGAIN. I still kind of hate the whole "Shadow hates working with Sonic" angle they seem to be going with, but it isn't as annoying as I thought it would be based off the trailer. Excited to see where this goes, wonder if we'll get some episodes of Shadow meeting the alt casts.

This seems to be a trend with Wildbrain, where the beginning of a show is incredibly weak but it eventually really picks up steam. Megaman Fully Charged was kind of like this as well.

What a great way to start season 2 episode 1. I just loved the Sonic & Shadow fight scenes here In this episode and at the end they are working together now as well to restore there world 🌎 back to normal which Is going to be really fun to watch In the coming episodes.

I love the humour the comedy the moments In this episode as well. Sonic Prime TV show has really grown on me now and just love watching It 😊 

I really hope 🤞 the series will come to Blu-ray which will hopefully It will when all episodes have been shown. I'm looking forward to the the next episodes In Season 2.

Sonic's character came off sooooo much better in this episode. Probably because there wasn't much time for him to be s dunce between the brooding and the punching, but for whatever reason it worked. You felt bad for him and felt his desperation.

This batch of episodes is off to a strong start. Considering that there is an obvious solution to getting Shadow in and out of shatterspaces, we may be seeing a little more of the black blur, which is fine by me.

And since its the million dollar question now

Spoiler

Since Shadow got the slo-mo Prism blast-off how long till we start seeing Alt Shadows running around? I can only assume that's going to be the tease going into the final batch of episodes,

17 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Considering that there is an obvious solution to getting Shadow in and out of shatterspaces, we may be seeing a little more of the black blur, which is fine by me.

Yeah, throughout that last few minutes of the episode. I can definitely see Shadow getting out of Shatterspace.

Spoiler

As all he has to do is catch a ride on the Chaos Council's ship once it comes back through Shatterspace from Boscage Maze. Or some other ship of theirs that happen to come through elsewhere.

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

The one and only thing that disappoints me is the future. We're now 90% sure there are only 3 (real) Shatter Spaces. That's the worst pick possible. Not 1 fully explored and complex World, not dozens of Endless Possibilities. Just a staggering number known as Three. Ehhh. I hope there is at least 1 more for Rouge. Or more Sonic characters like Chaotic or Cream (seriously doubt it though, on both fronts).

Spoiler

Something tells me the final battle will take place on the Grim Shatterspace

Despite there being nothing there, Sonic's gloves and shoes still transformed while he was there.

I loved both Sonic and Shadow, while the latter may be right to be angry (even though he's usually angry), Sonic is still adorable, reminds me a bit of Silver written by Ian Flynn, I loved seeing the consequences to Sonic's actions. Both characters are flawed, for example Shadow plays the straight man but he's also a very arrogant rival who kinda dislikes teamwork, Sonic on the other hand is also pretty cocky but not malicious, he's just nice, but impulsive... which is basically 100% Sonic, except he's dumber than usual.

I knew their reality was in fact shattered, I remember a lot of people said "Shadow is bluffing" for the sake of the cliffhanger and the original world was still there, but anyway yeah it'll be fixed in the end, the only way I'm okay with the friends being killed off.

The next episode should also fix the complaints of how "Boscage Maze is disconnected from the multiverse story", which was just a matter of time.

In all of this, I think Shadow is still written with SEGA mandates in mind, he's just handled better here, but still, I didn't see him interact with Rouge, just slightly shows that he cares, and of course he's not in the new worlds, or has any doppelgangers, this screams mandates to me unless it happens later.

I also wanted a Rouge centered world, like really, so these little things are disappointing.

Now my theories:

Spoiler

Eggman is nowhere to be seen in the dead Green Hill, although I remember in the first episode he was also one of the characters who appeared with the catchphrase when Sonic entered the void, he's not here, so my 2 cents is he's actually Mr. Dr. Eggman, they are the same.

And while there are 4 worlds with the 4 prism shards, and 1 of them is dead Green Hill, I suspect there is a 5th world because one of the interviews mentioned the show having 5 settings, it's either the black hole or the world where Nine wants to settle.

It may also be the black hole since Shadow has to get that emerald back...

On 7/4/2023 at 11:52 PM, antyep said:

Isn’t this still the first season, though?

Technically, yes. 

It’s just Netflix’s mode of release for some of their shows - no two patterns ever seem to be the same. So whilst sometimes there are seasons of shows/cartoons that are distinct from each other, other times it’s not so clear and it throws the patterns off, even more so when they sub categorise occasionally as “Part 1, Part 2…” etc… which is what they should have done with Sonic Prime, as Episode 8 in no way felt like a season finale.    

In any case, yeah, Sonic Prime had 23/24 Episodes ordered for Season 1, this is just split into 3 release windows and labelled “incorrectly” on Netflix.

That mode of release does make me question if it has been renewed for another lot after batch 3 comes out later this/next year though, because there was a culling of animated shows recently on Netflix. So, with that in mind I do speculate if they are making it appear to the audience as “3 Seasons” because it’s not getting renewed or was conceived as a 24 episode complete package. 

Something I want off my chest. Sonic in this show seems super weak, he's so incompetent and gets beat up a bit too much for my liking. This is supposed to be canon? How far in the timeline? Bruh Sonic X Sonic was stronger.

I was rewatching some eps and noticed some random changes; like in ep. 6 the voice for the one New Yoke Resistance member that says "Let's see what you're made of blue. Hit the jets!" had a more feminine voice compared to the tomboyish one they originally had. Also is it just me or did they add shots of Dr. Babble without his binky when he was chasing Sonic in ep. 3? 

On 7/7/2023 at 6:58 AM, juiceDpunk983 said:

Something I want off my chest. Sonic in this show seems super weak, he's so incompetent and gets beat up a bit too much for my liking. This is supposed to be canon? How far in the timeline? Bruh Sonic X Sonic was stronger.

Sonic X Sonic could barley do anything significant without a power ring or the power cannon ect.

While his incompetence does lead him to take more hits than usual, and put himself in bad situations - I wouldn't say he's any weaker than his usual self in Prime. For one, he takes most of those blows in stride. Game Sonic has been TKO'd enough times by being swatted away like a fly to see that as a plus. Furthermore, the dude bullet-times laser fire and is the driving force in most fights concerning multiple parties.

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked the season... mostly. Shadow is well written, yet they still go on about how he has no friends. The Chaos Council are mostly annoying stereotypes though Mr Dr Eggman shows signs of the original, which he is at his best. Sonic is really over the top a lot but when the stakes hit him, he's great.

Spoiler

I like how obsessed Dread has become with his shard. Its nice to see an antagonistic Knux again. Chaos Sonic was annoying as all hell, it almost felt like a reflection on how the fandom viewed Sonic from 2010-2019, which kinda endeared him to me. Then there is Nine. Nine is the star of this show, bar none. The show goes out of its way to make you feel for the kid, bullied all his life, alone underground, finds a friend who views him as not the best he could be and tortured by the Chaos Council. Him flipping out at the end was just what I wanted. Sonic always was an idiot, thinking the many Tails could live together, when it was obvious they couldn't. I hope Nine goes on to change things for his own benefit for a while, before the inevitable make up.  Sonic getting a pseudo Super form was cool for the 5 seconds it turned up too.

Add on the animation being great and high stakes, I'm eager for the finale to wrap this up well.

Managed to watch the whole 7 episodes (minus the first one due to already been posted earlier).

Spoiler
  • Oh boy, Chaos Sonic was super ANNOYING, even for Sonic himself. By listening to Nine's remarks on why Sonic cannot be beaten, Mr. Dr. Eggman had to create that. It would been better off to create a Metal Sonic.
  • I'm glad Rusty had a heel-face turn. Seeing her befriending Black Rose and then their reaction of seeing Thorn was pure joy.
  • Speaking of Mr. Dr. Eggman, the rest of the Chaos Council, especially Dr. Babble, are also annoying as well. I'm tempting for Sonic just to say "I hate that baby!" When Babble did that temper tantrum on Boscage was... *sigh*. One thing that was cool for Mr. Dr. Eggman was him creating a powerful Shard-energized titan of his original self.
  • Shadow was well-written and his snarky remarks with Sonic had me ROFL.
  • I see the theme is selfishness and there are reasons why: Dread Knuckles becoming lustful for power from his shard and he abandoned his crew, possibly become an villain. Thorn was once this because of her wanting to protect the jungle forest in Boscage. Of course, both Sonic and Nine also has this too, with the former wants to bring back Green Hill and thinking the variants of his friends can co-exist each other, while the latter wants a better life. It was a reason why he currently has the final shard in his possession before going to the Void Hill (?) with Sonic.
  • Sonic's pseudo Super form from the Shard energy.
  • While I mention the Amy variants saw each other, Nine also saw his fellow Tails variants, and Dread and Renegade Knucks met and later fighting each other gave me a good feeling we are going to get more later.

On 7/9/2023 at 4:24 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

Furthermore, the dude bullet-times laser fire and is the driving force in most fights concerning multiple parties.

That is something I like in the show, reminds me of Smallville. Regarding X, there were times he didn't need the ring... But yeah he did rely on the power ring alot. Shadow took him out in the Metarex saga with ease when Sonic didn't have a ring on him. Shadow struggled with Knuckles more.

At least game Sonic/Prime can take multiple hits and still fight.

With Sonic in this show getting beaten a bit, my guess it takes place just before Colours, I'd put it earlier, but Cubot and Orbot exist, So this would have to take place sometime after Unleashed.

On 7/9/2023 at 4:24 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

Sonic X Sonic could barley do anything significant without a power ring or the power cannon ect.

To be fair I feel like most enemies in X were stronger than anything in Prime, like the Metarex and E-99 for example.

I feel like Sonic Prime Sonic would be great and actually be a lot better in combat, if he had the same seriousness as X Sonic had, or even in the games.

It's hard to pinpoint a definitive personality as it keeps getting changed... He's ok in prime, just a bit too daft at times. Prime Sonic reminds me of Heroes Sonic but if he drank about 50 Energy Drinks and Coffee.

I watched it, and...

Spoiler

I loved it! I loved how this season turned out, a lot! I am hoping there is another season to come, and maybe there will be, hopefully.

I guess that-oh wait! I almost forgot! Spoilers! Sorry.

Spoiler

I bet if there is another season, it will start with Shadow scolding Sonic about trusting Nine.

By the way, bonus points to the show for the character, Chaos Sonic. He is just that great to me.

About the character, Nine...

Spoiler

So, does the ending of Season 2 mean Nine is the main villain of Sonic Prime, Season 3 in any way, shape or form?