Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

Sonic’s canon friends are barely in that trailer, can’t say I’m interested in seeing one offs of them but a pirate/cyborg/tribesmen for most of the show, I just feel it’s kind of a weak concept for a Sonic show to take right out of the gate, it feels like something that should be a season 2 or 3 plot for the show after we got to know the regular versions well before jumping into multiverse stuff

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

There it is!

Some thoughts:

- Eggman's new voice is fucking BADASS!

- Looks like, as everyone feared, Sonic is the sole OG and all the others have been replaced with alts. (Except Shadow, of course. 🙄) I'll still give it a shot, but I gotta tell ya... Spider-Tails is just not my cup of Tim Horton's right about now. (His new voice is kinda crummy too, though that's probably more because of poor VA direction than anything else.)

- Soundtrack is... eh. Not liking how only the games seem to be sticking with Sonic's trademark rock and roll these days. Better than Underground, sure, but that's a low bar to clear.

- Animation looks great! Bit stiff at times, but strikes a nice balance between shonen and Looney Tunes, IMO.

- We're only getting 8 of 24 on the 15th, right? Or am I mistaken?

4 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Sonic’s canon friends are barely in that trailer, can’t say I’m interested in seeing one offs of them but a pirate/cyborg/tribesmen for most of the show, I just feel it’s kind of a weak concept for a Sonic show to take right out of the gate, it feels like something that should be a season 2 or 3 plot for the show after we got to know the regular versions well before jumping into multiverse stuff

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Just make a normal Sonic show first, THEN go full Sonic-Verse to save it from the Netflix axe. As it is, it feels like fanfic... that ain't always bad, of course, but my expectations remain on the floor.

10 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Looks like, as everyone feared, Sonic is the sole OG and all the others have been replaced with alts. (Except Shadow, of course. 🙄) I'll still give it a shot, but I gotta tell ya... Spider-Tails is just not my cup of Tim Horton's right about now. (His new voice is kinda crummy too, though that's probably more because of poor VA direction than anything else.)

I think that's the entire point of this show. I personally love the "shatterverse" idea and I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

I get that you're upset about "Spider-Tails", but I'm OK with it because it's just a temporary thing for this one show (Frankly, I'm more put off by the fact that he's wearing pants!).

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I think that's the entire point of this show. I personally love the "shatterverse" idea and I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

I get that you're upset about "Spider-Tails", but I'm OK with it because it's just a temporary thing for this one show (Frankly, I'm more put off by the fact that he's wearing pants!).

Fair enough. Definitely a creative take, I'll give 'em that much. (Just hope it doesn't effect the games/movies/comics, lol.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KingMario05 said:

Fair enough. Definitely a creative take, I'll give 'em that much. (Just hope it doesn't effect the games/movies/comics, lol.)

I don't think so. I think Prime will be its own thing and then the franchise will move on when it's done. I cannot see any changes here being permenent.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, we've already seen a lot of the usual Team Sonic in other media.  I'm fine not seeing them yet again and instead seeing alt realities. Then again, I've always liked good multiverse stories so this looks fun to me.

• Thumbs Up 5

39 minutes ago, jungle_penguins said:

Random thought but Ken Pontac and Warren Graff would be a good fit for the show.

Pass. I'm giving the current writers for this show a shot before making such statements. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Awesome trailer! Though now I'm wondering what game is Teen!Eggman playing and the handheld's name too.

• Thumbs Up 3

42 minutes ago, jungle_penguins said:

Random thought but Ken Pontac and Warren Graff would be a good fit for the show.

I thought people didn't want them anywhere near the franchise 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, TurboLightning7 said:

Awesome trailer! Though now I'm wondering what game is Teen!Eggman playing and the handheld's name too.

Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?

• Promotion 6

9 minutes ago, caitash said:

Yes! I’ll take this thanks. 

Random detail I must have missed, how long is each episode expected to be and how many episodes? 

24 episodes 22 minutes each

• Thumbs Up 6

25 minutes ago, Willsy said:

The pilot is 40+ minutes long, right? 

I checked and apparently so. Not sure if it's like they count it as 2 episodes combined into 1. Either there are 22 episodes after or 23 episodes after.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, this show's looking better every time I see it! Still looking better than Boom's animation. Even Sonic's voice here is starting to grow on me, as I'm getting a sense their going for a mix of Roger & the Movies. Eggman's voice also pretty good! Shadow's, I honestly can't tell just yet.

I know some are gonna be indifferent about the alt versions of the core characters having more of a presence than the main versions. But really, that's kinda the whole point of the show. As with any multiversal tale, and I'm okay with it, so long as the main versions (Sonic & Shadow aside) show up for more than just the 1st & final episodes.

Didn't really expect to see Orbot & Cubot show up, considering they haven't popped up anywhere else for the shows marketing. But I'd imagine they'll pop-up pretty frequently, since the core Eggman is likely the only other main version character to appear more than the others.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm going to be honest, I think this looks--and sounds--obnoxiously juvenile.  The model and texture-makers have obviously worked really hard, but the result feels like style over substance in the worst way.  I still don't like the fight animation, Sonic himself might be even more obnoxious than in Sonic Colors, and if these are the jokes they chose for their vertical slice, I'd sure hate to see the ones they're hiding.

50 minutes ago, jungle_penguins said:

I checked and apparently so. Not sure if it's like they count it as 2 episodes combined into 1. Either there are 22 episodes after or 23 episodes after.

I think it's more of a Skylanders Academy type of setup. The 1st episode was 40+ minutes, while the others were 22-minutes. Making the 1st season have 12-episodes, while the other 2-seasons had 13. So by that logic, Prime should have 1 44-minute episode, and 23 22-minute episodes.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Scritch the Cat said:

I'm going to be honest, I think this looks--and sounds--obnoxiously juvenile.  The model and texture-makers have obviously worked really hard, but the result feels like style over substance in the worst way.  I still don't like the fight animation, Sonic himself might be even more obnoxious than in Sonic Colors, and if these are the jokes they chose for their vertical slice, I'd sure hate to see the ones they're hiding.

I think the fact we keep following this hedgehog makes as much of juveniles than him really. That aside, enough talk. We shall judge and see. 😎

Edited by Zoomzeta
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm really loving this trailer!  I love how energetic the characters are and I'm really interested in the multiverse idea of this series.  It would be pretty interesting to see what kinds of different versions of Sonic's friends we get to see in this series.  Also, I'm curious about what Shadow's role is going to be in this series.  I hope he's not the Edgelord we keep seeing in the games.

• Thumbs Up 2