Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

I'm interested in Shadow's arc, I also love the redesigns for the characters, it helps them be distinct from the original versions which Sonic will miss, Sonic missing his friends and have... these people not recognize him might be interesting too. It would be cooler if he at least thought his friends are dead/lost forever, to raise the stakes maybe.

Also the mysterious role one of the actors teased according to the press is just alternate versions.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

We already knew they were gonna release the episodes in chunks. We'll end up with 24 but we will not get the whole series in one go.

I do wonder if they are going to make more episodes after 24 episodes.  I guess it depends on how well this show does.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very interesting interview with Devon Mack and the executive producer Logan McPherson. The interview addresses some interesting topics such as why Rouge was delegated to be part of the main cast now and why it was decided for the show to take a multiverse spin as opposed to being a story placed in Sonic's regular world.

As well, a separate interview of the two (interesting bit on Devon's admission on his specific influences for the Sonic voice):

https://gamingtrend.com/feature/interviews/exploring-the-dimensions-of-sonic-prime-with-deven-mack-and-logan-mcpherson/

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, SolidSurgeTT said:

I thought I wanted to see drama between Sonic and Tails. Didn't think it would hurt so bad.

Yeah, I never expected this clip to go so hard like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

This animation studio has shuffled around people around with contract work along with other studios doing the same thing (I think that's just how it works over there) to the point where it's hard to discern styles nowadays, but I'm pretty sure the constant is still: 

• Expressive character animation especially speaking
  • Environments are colorful but feel lifeless at times
5 hours ago, bmah said:

Very interesting interview with Devon Mack and the executive producer Logan McPherson. The interview addresses some interesting topics such as why Rouge was delegated to be part of the main cast now and why it was decided for the show to take a multiverse spin as opposed to being a story placed in Sonic's regular world.

Thanks for the links! Some highlights from the video also seen here in a transcript: 

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/features/1253395-sonic-prime-interview-deven-mack-logan-mcpherson-on-sonics-multiverse

The wording I'm overanalyzing but "based on the mythology" and "springboard" does sound like the IDW comics where the games are in the comic continuity but not the other way around (most comics are not in game continuity). Which is what Sonic Team is likely fine with with the whole brand unity thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thorn seems interesting!!...
I saw the first episode in SONIC SPEED SIMULATOR and loved it, what surprised me it is the first time I have enjoyed a SONIC animated series!!...
Moreover, it seems "canon" to the games, it probably takes place after FRONTIERS!!...

I remember having been very disappointed in 2007 whenSECRET RINGS was revealed because I didn't like the notion of doppelgängers, then I played the game and fell in love with doppelgängers (Sinbad is wonderful)!!...
Then in 2009 it was BLACK KNIGHT and the story and characters were even better!!...
And then HARDlight started created doppelgängers for SONIC FORCES : SPEED BATTLE and it was the same : it was love at first sight!!...
And HARDLIGHT reused previous doppelgängers (from SONIC RUNNERS, BLACK KNIGHT, SECRET RINGS)... and now,they will include SONIC PRIME's doppelgängers to their games!!...
For me, they're not just "reskins" but new characters (with new skins, stats and attacks) and in my headcanon, they are Replicas (of doppelgängers from other dimensions) created by the Phantom Ruby (prototypes)!!...
If SONIC PRIME is successful (and if all the episodes are as good and well-written as the first one, it will be) enough to have more than 24 episodes, I'd love to see Sonic travel to what I call "the Halloween Dimension" or "the Christmas Dimension" (among others) where he could meet Vampire Shadow, Witch Rouge and Reaper Metal Sonic (and why not Gothic Amy, Halloween Omega, Skeleton Knuckles, Vampire Sonic and even the Werehog) in the H.D. and Santa Big, Elf Classic Sonic, Jingle Belle Amy and Nutcracker Silver in the C.D.!!...

I like the way Sonic's gloves and shoes transform in every dimension he visits, even if it seems obvious it is to sell different Sonic figures from the show!!...
I'm eager to see JAKKS Pacific's figures and add Sonic's new pals to their "Classic" and "Modern" collection!!...

(By the way, SONIC SPEED SIMULATOR has some doppelgängers too but they all play the same...)

This is probably wishful thinking, but I'm hoping one day, Sonic Prime could crossover with another Netflix show, given the whole Multiverse thing they have going on.

I'm still holding out hope for a Sonic x Power Rangers crossover someday...

3 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

This is probably wishful thinking, but I'm hoping one day, Sonic Prime could crossover with another Netflix show, given the whole Multiverse thing they have going on.

I'm still holding out hope for a Sonic x Power Rangers crossover someday...

Can they do crossovers with other Netflix shows?

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Can they do crossovers with other Netflix shows?

It being on Netflix doesn't always mean Netflix creative oversight nor ownership nor permanent distribution. In this case, Sonic Prime is 100% owned by Sega this time unless I missed something. In other words it would then be up to the owners (Hasbro for Power Rangers, Sega for Sonic) collaborating if they want a crossover.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, the only crossovers I can see happening in Prime. Would relate to Sega IP's like Nights, and pretty much nothing else. But even then I think the chances of that happening, outside of little easter eggs would be kind of slim.

Yes, some people who are familiar with Sonic, would recognize Nights. Possibly due to Sonic Team being the developers of both series. However, since there's no new Nights game happening as far as I know. And given how relevant the series is at the moment. I wouldn't really imagine the two crossing over for one, maybe two episodes (regardless of season 1, 2 or 3), would have a lot of payoff across the spectrum. But that's just me.

If anything, Silver & Blaze making their animation debut at some point in Prime (probably seasons 2 or 3 if it happens) is more likely at this point than anyone else. Well, them & the Chaotix anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I hope not. If it has, then just remove the link from my post because there's something else I want to point out.

Something about this clip caught my eye, when sonic rolls on the ground after hitting egg-baby, he keeps rolling until he hits a wall then he stops. Did they just incorporate roll locking into a sonic tv show? Every other time we see Sonic roll (at least in this clip, I haven't compared him rolling in other clips yet) he only gets back on his feet after running into something, or jumping. The same ways you have to escape a roll back in the genesis games outside of slowing down enough to come to a halt.

Probably looking way too deep into this, but just a potentially cool detail.

Sonic appears to be having trouble even running in that clip. 

If I had to guess, the distortion on his shoes is impacting his mobility. Rolling into the wall is probably an end result of that. He probably just couldn't control where he was going very well. 

I would assume the problem fixes itself with a new pair of fancy shoes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I really liked the first episode! All the voices are great, but Knuckles is a bit odd that he can sound pretty different between scenes. I'd love for this cast to take over in the games. 

Minor spoilers

Spoiler

There's some fun bickering between Sonic and Nine that'd I'd like to see more of between him and Tails in general. Makes them more like brothers than just Tails looking up to him.

The animation is pretty nice, too.  

• Thumbs Up 1

That was a fun series so far. Hopefully it gets a season 2 👀

I’m content with Shadow so far.

edit: 

Spoiler

I just realized, with that ending, it means Sonic and Shadow are the only two original versions left. Unless they just write Shadow out, the two of them are likely gonna have to work together, and I’d be so there for that.

Overall, the series seems to be an interesting take on the mythos, while also providing a keen look at how characters would act under different circumstances.
  • Thumbs Up 4