Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

I'm sure some censorship is involved to get the Y-7 rating. Amy's clothes have been changed to, I assume no longer show her back. 

Frankly, it is what it is to get the rating SEGA/Netflix wants while also being more inclusive to a wider audience. Rouge's bust size hasn't changed so, it's still true the idea that she is big busted, just not in a pandering way. 

My problem with Rouge's outfit is that fold/double area, which I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around. 

I'm amused that while Rouge's cleavage has been covered up, possibly due to ratings issues, her outfit has a handy zipper running down the chest so she (or someone else) could very quickly let it all hang out at a moment's notice.  And I do mean "all"; if you fully unzipped that we'd jump straight past the games' Rouge design into M/TV-MA/R-rated territory.

Then again, yeah, my brain kind of hurts trying to figure out how that zipper works, or even if it's one or two zippers.  It'd be easy to assume that's just a multi-colored onesie she's wearing, except the zipper is interrupted by that heart on the front.  So maybe she just has two zippers at two spots in her outfit, so she can bare both her knockers and her midriff.

Of course, since she's likely not going to unzip in the show, it's just as possible the artists never bothered with basic concerns about how clothing works.

Guys, I'm just really fucking happy Rouge is in the show. Takes me back to my Sonic X days as a kid where her, Sonic, and Knuckles were headlining all the action scenes together. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I really like the fur pattern they gave her in particular. I think its mostly to do with the shape of her head, but the texture wraps around nicely. 

My qualms with the outfit aside, it is good to have her playing an active role in a series again. Hell, this'll probably be her biggest role since 06. 

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Not every change is censorship.

There's plenty of cartoon bat tiddy on the internet if you really need it, anyway.

I'm tired of women being made ugly or in this case being covered up. Cleavage isn't gonna hurt anyone so why censor it?

56 minutes ago, Muglés said:

Covering Rouge like that is a dumb move to be honest. Cleavage is a completely normal thing; it's far from nudity.

Thank you! You get it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

41 minutes ago, Dr. Acula Mike said:

Guys, I'm just really fucking happy Rouge is in the show. Takes me back to my Sonic X days as a kid where her, Sonic, and Knuckles were headlining all the action scenes together. 

I'm happy she's here too since she's one of my favorite characters... but that doesn't mean we can't be off-put by design choices they made at the same time.

I'm really liking the designs of these characters!  They stay true to the game designs without changing them too much like they did with Sonic Boom.  And I'm really loving Rouge's new outfit!  Looks very stylish!

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

If you're genuinely getting upset over a fictional bat having her cleavages covered up then I'm sorry but your priorities are all out of wack and you might wanna re-think what you're doing

Man.

Saying people that don't like the design are "upset" is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? I simply don't think it looks good and I don't think there's anything wrong with cleavage to begin with. Just because I don't like the design doesn't mean my "priorities are out of wack." Like you and everyone else I'm allowed to have an opinion on it, and just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to be condescending about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

If you're genuinely getting upset over a fictional bat having her cleavages covered up then I'm sorry but your priorities are all out of wack and you might wanna re-think what you're doing

I mean yeah, out of all the new information released today the conversation regarding the bats tats was not the one I was expecting to see become the hot topic either tbh 🤣

My opinion? She still looks completely like Rouge. And it’s not the first time she’s had a costume change either.

I think maybe another thing to bear in mind is this is a multiverse show yeah? So who’s to say there isn’t a version out there where that costume / character version does exist anyway. It feels ripe for being used as a throwaway “what am I wearing?” gag somewhere in the show. 

At last a look at the other characters, and it doesn't disappoint 😎 Amy in particular, I'm very glad didn't receive a completely different outfit like Boom did. I always felt that design was overrated, while Prime is pretty much the same as normal. Just with... Sleeves? Gonna need to think more about Rouge's design, though, but I'm glad she's in the show to begin with. I just really hope Cream gets to join in as well.

Rouge now in the same club as Smash Ultimate Solid Snake

Dunno if posted, but we have the cast list from IGN:

Deven Mack as Sonic

Brian Drummond as Eggman

Ashleigh Ball as Tails

Shannon Chan-Kent as Amy Rose

Adam Nurada as Knuckles

Ian Hanlin as Shadow & Big the Cat

Sonic Prime: Exclusive Release Date and Character Posters Reveal for Netflix Animated Series - IGN

So only Rouge is missing at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

Sonic Prime: Exclusive Release Date and Character Posters Reveal for Netflix Animated Series - IGN

I think Athena Karkanis could be awesome voice actor for Sonic Prime, she did voicing other characters in other shows like Wild Kratts, Total Drama Revenge of the Island and My Little Pony Make Your Mark.

.....hey wait weren't we supposed to get footage today?

11 minutes ago, Hero of Legend said:

I only know the first two VAs, but I'm excited to hear the rest

21 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

.....hey wait weren't we supposed to get footage today?

I only know the first two VAs, but I'm excited to hear the rest

8PM EST, or just over an hour from now. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Of course, you could just as easily argue the showrunners were needlessly upset by her cleavage being uncovered.

Ultimately, I'm pretty sure this has only inspired as much discussion because info about this show trickles out slowly, so people are just desperate to talk about what little they have.  Complaining about Rouge's lack of visible cleavage is more along the lines of complaining about the lack of Jaleel White Sonic in this show; it'd be less of an issue if we knew more of what actually was in this show.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

I'm honestly surprised they didn't let Brian voice Knuckles since he did in Underground.

SEGA is not keen on reminding people that Sonic Underground existed.

1 hour ago, Muglés said:

I'm happy she's here too since she's one of my favorite characters... but that doesn't mean we can't be off-put by design choices they made at the same time.

I didn't say anything about your opinion on the design choice. Chill out.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Acula Mike said:

I didn't say anything about your opinion on the design choice. Chill out.

Where did I imply I wasn't chill? I just think the design can be better. I was simply saying that you can be happy to see Rouge and also think there can be improvements at the same time. It's not deeper than that.

26 minutes ago, Muglés said:

Where did I imply I wasn't chill? I just think the design can be better. I was simply saying that you can be happy to see Rouge and also think there can be improvements at the same time. It's not deeper than that.

The implication of the lack of chill came from you replying to my post that had nothing to do with what your thoughts on the design change were with a defense as to why you thought it was okay to not like the design change. 

18 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

SEGA is not keen on reminding people that Sonic Underground existed.

Then why even add Brian in the first place? For some, just seeing his name on the cast list is going to remind them of Underground lol

9 minutes ago, Dr. Acula Mike said:

The implication of the lack of chill came from you replying to my post that had nothing to do with what your thoughts on the design chance with a defense as to why you thought it was okay to not like the design change. 

Well dude, I think my response to you was a valid take. I'm not angry with you or anyone else here so I apologize if it came off that way.

The thing that's the most irritating about this is other people downplaying and mocking others by saying "it's just bat tits get over it" to people when they say they don't like it... I mean, this is a series that (at times) has been carried by its strong character design during low points. And while design is super important in this series, everyone has their own idea of what is good and what isn't and I was just trying to say I don't like it that much. It's not simply about boobs, I just think the design could be improved.

19 minutes ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

Then why even add Brian in the first place? For some, just seeing his name on the cast list is going to remind them of Underground lol

I'm not sure you really understand how casting usually works.  While sometimes companies do reach out to specific actors to ask them to play roles (apparently Paramount did that a bit for their Knuckles), that isn't the norm and it usually requires actors being such well-known celebrities that their names alone bring in viewers--and they really had better, because such well-known celebrities tend to be a lot more expensive.  Career voice-actors, even great ones, do not tend to become celebrities on that level, which is why trailers for Scoob listed Frank Welker dead-last, despite him being the most experienced and probably best actor in the film.  So voice-acting jobs tend to get filled more like most jobs get filled; bosses post ads about their job openings and anyone can come and apply, and they probably need to have experience in that field but probably not that franchise.  The job offer probably did mention that it was a Sonic project but I am quite certain it never said it was seeking people who had already played Knuckles for the role of Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 2