Awoo.

Sonic the real Ultimate Life Form?

S0NIC-Keyblade 007

I don't remember hearing that trope around here during the five years I've been on this board before the wipeout.

But he can still beat anyone no matter how strong they are. He can beat Knuckles, Shadow, and destroy Eggman's most powerful airships. He's not good on the physical side, but that speed does more damage than anything anyone else has done.

Perhaps cause no one figured of using it up until now? Either way that's what he is. Sonic is no all-rounder. He's no super-powered beast either. I thought this was totally common sense by now and one of the very things that became proved in Heroes since he's not too efficient when it comes to killing enemies. Just spam homing attack. Also, strength =/= best so that's a horrible arguement. Ofcourse he can beat Knuckles, Shadow and Eggman. It's all due to his skill in speed. What he lacks in strenght he more than tenfold makes it up for in speed. A speeding bullet wouldn't hurt if you only threw it at someone now would it? The speed is his power and where the force is built up from. But in a normal fist fight or duel of strength if his speed would be removed, he'd be no match for any of them.

Fragile Speedsters could easily topple a Mightly Glacier and vice versa. It's no exaggerated term and it's definitely not a bad thing to be called such as it's one of three attributes. Mostly fighting game terms but whatever since the attributes apply.

Edited by Frog-Tan

And that makes him a stu? The only help he provided in SA2 when the colony fell was that he distracted the Biolizard, which was virutally invicible even for Shadow's power, except for the life-support on its back. Then in the end, he helped teleport the Ark back in place and nearly died in the process.

You just keep walking right into these: A tragic selfless death or implied death followed by an abrupt revival for no reason other than to have him return is part of being a Stu.

It still doesn't make him that much of a stu when a character physically inferior to him can still kick his ass in a duel against each other. Or when the same said character can beat a robot powered by all the Chaos Emeralds when the character fights in his regular form. I haven't seen Shadow do that.

There's a difference between a Badass and a Stu.

Also, strength =/= best so that's a horrible arguement.

Well, that wasn't an argument. It was a point in that he may not be the strongest, but even when pitted against the best of the best he still triumphs over all.

You just keep walking right into these: A tragic selfless death or implied death followed by an abrupt revival for no reason other than to have him return is part of being a Stu.

But isn't another part of being a stu is a character who is essentially perfect? That they have no flaws and are essentially the best of all the characters no matter what other abilities they have? And yet Shadow get's trounced by someone who is technically weaker than him, or even has his title stolen by someone who surpasses his abilities.

All that power and he's still nothing compared to Sonic, who shown that all that power doesn't truly make him the most powerful character of the series. Atleast from my perspective.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

:angry: Sonic can't be the ultimate life form as he is already known as 'the fastest thing alive.'Also as others have said i think shadow just saw sonic as an equal to him as he to could use chaos control. And the only reason why i think this idea has become a disscuion is sonic fans wanting him to be the best and better than all other characters, nore so with shadow as they are seen as rivals.

post-1280-12543346513_thumb.jpg

Edited by the hitcher

There's a difference between a Badass and a Stu.

Isn't there a pretty thin line between that difference, though? My general impression is that Badasses and Stus are both overpowered, godlike characters, but that "Badassess" are considered cool while "Stus" are not. It seems to be purely a matter of whether the character's overpowered nature is seen as being fun.

Isn't there a pretty thin line between that difference, though? My general impression is that Badasses and Stus are both overpowered, godlike characters, but that "Badassess" are considered cool while "Stus" are not. It seems to be purely a matter of whether the character's overpowered nature is seen as being fun.

The usual type of Stu implied when referring to a Stu

Badass

There is no thin line, they're very different.

Edited by Frog-Tan

The usual type of Stu implied when referring to a Stu

Badass

There is no thin line, they're very different.

So, if I understand correctly, a Badass is entertaining because he overcomes great challenges, but a GodMode Sue is boring because he never has any challenges?

If this is true, than, in my eyes at least, neither Sonic nor Shadow are God Mode Sues. They are very powerful, but not invincible, and require a considerable amount of effort to accomplish their goals...They cannot win a fight in the blink of an eye.

Sonic relies on Plot Shield more than skill to win battle, if he wasn't the main character, then Shadow would be stronger than him if not better due to having everything he has in then some.

Sonic relies on Plot Shield more than skill to win battle, if he wasn't the main character, then Shadow would be stronger than him if not better due to having everything he has in then some.

Well...I don't know. Do we even know if Shadow still has super speed when he takes off his air shoes?

Well...I don't know. Do we even know if Shadow still has super speed when he takes off his air shoes?

He hasn't taken his shoes off, so as far as speed is concerned it's still arguable that he's slow without them.

But isn't another part of being a stu is a character who is essentially perfect? That they have no flaws and are essentially the best of all the characters no matter what other abilities they have? And yet Shadow get's trounced by someone who is technically weaker than him, or even has his title stolen by someone who surpasses his abilities.

All that power and he's still nothing compared to Sonic, who shown that all that power doesn't truly make him the most powerful character of the series. Atleast from my perspective.

You make it sound as though Shadow has challenged Sonic numerous times and been beaten each time with little effort. Sonic and Shadow have had a single conclusive battle where neither combatant wasn't somehow weakened prior to the fight, which could have gone either way.

Right, you seem to have the wrong idea about what plot armor actually is.

For some reason (and not even an explicit ability), just being the main character or on his team protects you from death, serious wounds, and generally any sort of harm. Unless you're explicitly marked for death, or Tempting Fate.

He was brought back from the dead once in Sonic 06, and was saved twice by Chip in Sonic Unleashed. He came back from the dead in 06, but that didn't happen anymore. If Chip hadn't needed to save Sonic in Unleashed, he would have had much to do in Unleashed without it.

You make it sound as though Shadow has challenged Sonic numerous times and been beaten each time with little effort. Sonic and Shadow have had a single conclusive battle where neither combatant wasn't somehow weakened prior to the fight, which could have gone either way.

No, it just says a lot when so-called God Mode Stu can still be bested on fair grounds by a weaker character and be likely to lose the fight.

And judging by the hero ending in SA2, Sonic appeared to be the victor in the final fight they had, so that would say a lot...unless we're going to dismiss it as if it never happend.

No, it just says a lot when so-called God Mode Stu can still be bested on fair grounds by a weaker character and be likely to lose the fight.

And judging by the hero ending in SA2, Sonic appeared to be the victor in the final fight they had, so that would say a lot...unless we're going to dismiss it as if it never happend.

Yes, Sonic won the fight, but the "dark" story shows that Shadow could have won as well. It just happened that Sonic won.